• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

Man, I really, really, really want that new SS Red Sonja statue, but I think the wife will balk at the price and amount of exposed skin. I'd hate to get it and come home just to find that it was victim to an 'accident' like the lamp on A Christmas Story.

If the finished product turns out anywhere close to as nice as the production photos, that piece is going to be an all-time classic. I preordered the exclusive before it sold out. I too am already trying to formulate the excuses to give the wife once it shows up on our doorstep...but I couldn't resist. IT'S WORTH IT.

So, now, go buy it, so I'm not alone in being nagged. :baiting:

I think it's hilarious how scared guys are of their wives. :baiting:

Hahahahah!!! :roflmao:

Not scared, just resigned to the fact that the first words out of her mouth when it arrives will be "Sell this".

Actually, that's what she says every time she walks into my comic room.

HAHAHAHHA!!!! :roflmao:

I've always wondered how those Kotobukiya statues stack up against Bowen and Sideshow...

I love their styling

any thoughts?

They're comparable to Bowen in scale and price. I like the sculpts but don't like the fact that they're made out of PVC.

does the PVC make them feel/look cheap?

I wouldn't say cheap, but to my eyes they look a little too shiny/plasticy. Something about the texture bothers me.

Take it with a grain of salt though; I've only ever seen two of them in person, and many collectors swear by that company. And if Ebay prices are any indication, they are gaining lots of popularity. One thing that's for certain is, the (retail) price is right.

I have the Cable one, and it's pretty PIMP.

This guy's room is pretty cool.

I am getting to think there is a huge statue culture out there since if you type in a search in youtube CGC comics or statue Collection you get more videos now from statues.

I think is it really interesting sub-culture of comics. Might start buying some once I get a comic room.

I am getting to think there is a huge statue culture out there since if you type in a search in youtube CGC comics or statue Collection you get more videos now from statues.

I think is it really interesting sub-culture of comics. Might start buying some once I get a comic room.

Display is a big part of the hobby. It's an interesting community because the way you display stuff is almost more important than what you actually have, and people want to share. It's also like crack once you start collecting. It's cliche, and I've said it several times already, but you need to see this stuff in front of you to really appreciate why they're so awesome. Especially the bigger scale pieces.

Drop me a PM anytime you need some statue info, John. :foryou:

That Hulk is huge!

I do the whole shebang. Comics, action figure, and statues. I even have a prop costume from LOST.

I'd go with the large cape. When it comes to statues, I believe bigger is always better.

(for the out of context thread)

I've always wondered how those Kotobukiya statues stack up against Bowen and Sideshow...

I love their styling

any thoughts?

They're comparable to Bowen in scale and price. I like the sculpts but don't like the fact that they're made out of PVC.

The Venom is cold cast porcelain.

So the 'Fine Art" line is porcelain eh? That may change things for me. hm

I looked at the X-23 fine art statues info and can't find any notation as to what it's made of.

(You have no idea how close I was to saying I looked at X-23's box, but I didn't so keep that quote out of the OOC thread (tsk) )

If you guys wanna see how nuts this hobby can get, check out the size of this guy's collection. It's basically a house full of statues of all sizes and manufacturers. I have no clue where he keeps all the boxes.