• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

Is there a good statue run being made in the $50 area? I can't afford all these nice ones lol. I'm collecting the little lead eaglemoss ones but for the hero's I really like I like to splurge a little.
Not sure about "a run" but there's a "Crazy Toys" Superman I keep coming across on Ebay. 12 inch Vinyl, import from China. Looks badazz imho, and the price is low.

$_12.JPG

Free-shipping-Crazy-font-b-Toys-b-font-Superman-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-font-b-Toy.jpg

Isn't that a knockoff of the Koto?

Yeah, definitely a knock-off.

Any of you collect the Hot Toys movie figures? I was big into Bowen Statues back in the day, recently got into these statue/figures and I'm in love. I've got a growing collection of Cap and Ironman. lol

I started collecting about 2 months ago and have 13 Hot Toys now. Still waiting for my 1st sideshow pice to come in, DR Doom

I started right around when you did, after I saw the AV2 Cap they are releasing...they one got me hooked. I've got nine Hot Toys now and with the release of the exclusive "Tank" armor, I might make it ten. lol

I really want to pick up the Mark 5 "suitcase" armor but I'm afraid they might do a diecast version and I'd much prefer that. I don't know what to do.

I wondered about that. But there are some noted differences. The "Crazy Toys" cape length looks like it creates a 3-point tripod effect with the two feet, might be slightly better for display stability. And they don't seem to offer a Batman companion piece (yet). so I figured Crazy Toys might be just another legit Chinese licensee. Sharing a mold, with added modifications

I wondered about that. But there are some noted differences. The "Crazy Toys" cape length looks like it creates a 3-point tripod effect with the two feet, might be slightly better for display stability. And they don't seem to offer a Batman companion piece (yet). so I figured Crazy Toys might be just another legit Chinese licensee. Sharing a mold, with added modifications

Did some searching; "Crazy Toys" is a bootlegger:.

http://www.tomopop.com/kotobukiya-issues-warning-over-fake-artfx-new-52-figures-31553.phtml

Is there a good statue run being made in the $50 area? I can't afford all these nice ones lol. I'm collecting the little lead eaglemoss ones but for the hero's I really like I like to splurge a little.
Not sure about "a run" but there's a "Crazy Toys" Superman I keep coming across on Ebay. 12 inch Vinyl, import from China. Looks badazz imho, and the price is low.

$_12.JPG

Free-shipping-Crazy-font-b-Toys-b-font-Superman-PVC-Action-Figure-Collectible-font-b-Toy.jpg

Id buy it for $50 as long as I don't get lead poisoning

Ordered!

FB_IMG_1435853529838_zpsbo6i94ne.jpg

They took the stained glass out of the base? That really made the piece pop.

I like the sculpt, but I don't like that they take so many liberties with the costumes. Sideshow does this from time to time too, and it's annoying; why can't they just stick with the comics? That's one thing Bowen did really well. I really want a DD statue, but I don't want to pay $1000+ for something that isn't definitively "classic".

Luckily it only cost a little more than half of that before shipping.

Not for me.

Any of you collect the Hot Toys movie figures? I was big into Bowen Statues back in the day, recently got into these statue/figures and I'm in love. I've got a growing collection of Cap and Ironman. lol

I started collecting about 2 months ago and have 13 Hot Toys now. Still waiting for my 1st sideshow pice to come in, DR Doom

I started right around when you did, after I saw the AV2 Cap they are releasing...they one got me hooked. I've got nine Hot Toys now and with the release of the exclusive "Tank" armor, I might make it ten. lol

I really want to pick up the Mark 5 "suitcase" armor but I'm afraid they might do a diecast version and I'd much prefer that. I don't know what to do.

Its addictive. I was set on getting Tank then realized I have Heartbreaker and 5 other Iron Man armors so I think im going to pass.

I also hate the 2 mini Iron Man figures that come with it, looks cool in pictures but im not so sure it would look great in your cabinet.

On the one hand, I really like the look of this new one:

preview_SpiderManSymbiote.jpg

On the other, I wish their "Variant" editions had more variations from the original than a new hand and some black paint.

300201-the-amazing-spider-man-05.jpg

It's starting to make me think twice before putting in a pre-order on the new stuff.

Spidey statues aren't my focus, but if I had pre-ordered the original, I'd be pissed to see this come out now.

I've got one more question for everyone. Does anyone happen to have a picture that shows a 1/4 figure next to a 1/6? I've seen illustrations that show the height differences, but I'm yet to see two 4th and 6th scale figures next to one another.

Unfortunately, my local shop doesn't have many statues, and certainly no 1/4. I'm moving soon, and I plan to start a (small) collection. But without seeing any comparisons, I'm sort of stuck guessing as to which I might like more.

I made this chart a while back:

sizechart_zpsc94ea1a9.jpg

And I have this pic with a 1/6 Moon Knight next to a 1/4 Colossus and Deadpool:

photo14_zps0558472e.jpg

Ordered!

FB_IMG_1435853529838_zpsbo6i94ne.jpg

They took the stained glass out of the base? That really made the piece pop.

I like the sculpt, but I don't like that they take so many liberties with the costumes. Sideshow does this from time to time too, and it's annoying; why can't they just stick with the comics? That's one thing Bowen did really well. I really want a DD statue, but I don't want to pay $1000+ for something that isn't definitively "classic".

Costume by Nike. :D

He looks emaciated in this one. What company is putting out this statue?