• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I got my spidey statue in last week and I gotta say it's the best one by far. Had to order green goblin to go with it after how spidey turned out.

For those who got him in, does the hand that sits on the base look funky on yours? Mine looks really poor compared to the rest of the statue. His fingers look sun faded and the black lines around the fingers are just sloppy and all over the place.

Other then a few of his fingers though this statue is amazing

Edited by violentluke

I got my spidey statue in last week and I gotta say it's the best one by far. Had to order green goblin to go with it after how spidey turned out.

For those who got him in, does the hand that sits on the base look funky on yours? Mine looks really poor compared to the rest of the statue. His fingers look sun faded and the black lines around the fingers are just sloppy and all over the place.

Color matching on switch outs isn't always the best from SS. You can contact them for a replacement or credit back. Some of the recent Hulk pfs had similar issues with the change out heads. I was lucky enough to get one that matched fairly well.

Color matching on switch outs isn't always the best from SS. You can contact them for a replacement or credit back. Some of the recent Hulk pfs had similar issues with the change out heads. I was lucky enough to get one that matched fairly well.

If only it was one of the switch out pieces. The hand that has the problem is attached to the body.

If only it was one of the switch out pieces. The hand that has the problem is attached to the body.

I would still contact them via email and attach pictures.

I pre ordered my spidey premium format in the first week.

I am still waiting for the email asking if I want to pay in full to receive it. Ugh.

Don't wait for them to email you. You can email them requesting to pay off early. There's a box you check to modify payment. I just did it yesterday and will post when it actually goes through.

Edit: just got confirmation from SS

Edited by AnthaiHERO

I pre ordered my spidey premium format in the first week.

I am still waiting for the email asking if I want to pay in full to receive it. Ugh.

Don't wait for them to email you. You can email them requesting to pay off early. There's a box you check to modify payment. I just did it yesterday and will post when it actually goes through.

Edit: just got confirmation from SS

Yup, just saw on the order page they added a few options "pay remaining balance" and "delay one month."

I paid it off. Says "item shipping soon" so I should probably have it next week!

My Joker Arkham Asylum has pay remaining balance as well. I'll probably do that once I receive the Spidey in good standing.

Two questions for you statue experts:

1. Assuming the full reveal is as great as the tease, I plan to order the Sandtrooper from Sideshow. I vaguely remember reading that payment plan buyers get their order earlier than single payment buyers. Is that true, or is that the other way around?

2. Whatever happened to XM's Star Wars license? I thought I read last summer that they'd be producing statues, too.

Finally tracked down a "Conan: The Prize" EX to go with my "Fury of the Beast" EX. I'm beyond thrilled. This is easily one of the best pieces I've ever seen in person. The details are astounding and the paint job is flawless. This is Sideshow at their absolute best.

FullSizeRender%203_zpswukr2meu.jpg

FullSizeRender%201_zpskzpggxb2.jpg

FullSizeRender%2016_zpskgvexdpb.jpg

FullSizeRender%202_zps0inhohf5.jpg

FullSizeRender%2014_zpsqnudnyli.jpg

FullSizeRender%206_zpsl9lkykco.jpg

FullSizeRender%205_zpsxikcjxmf.jpg

FullSizeRender%2013_zpsugd0s6fb.jpg

FullSizeRender%2015_zpsnpj7gsfc.jpg

FullSizeRender%208_zpszqyl3ccv.jpg

FullSizeRender%2017_zpswsmprs3e.jpg

FullSizeRender%2012_zpsp4tz83sb.jpg

FullSizeRender%2021_zpsopd6da1z.jpg

The two dios together. Fury of the Beast is so large, it's hard to take a picture of both of them.

FullSizeRender%2028_zpswp6kjl2w.jpg

FullSizeRender%2027_zpsj4ylzhew.jpg

FullSizeRender%2026_zps1ycbpmwi.jpg

Two questions for you statue experts:

1. Assuming the full reveal is as great as the tease, I plan to order the Sandtrooper from Sideshow. I vaguely remember reading that payment plan buyers get their order earlier than single payment buyers. Is that true, or is that the other way around?

2. Whatever happened to XM's Star Wars license? I thought I read last summer that they'd be producing statues, too.

1. Not necessarily true. There have been multiple cases of people with paid off flex plans waiting well after single payers and vice versa. Also when you order, whether day one of a preorder or after a statue has been released does not matter. Case in point the recent Hulk and Spidey PF. I got on the Hulk waitlist three weeks ago and received mine last week, whereas some are still waiting on their preorders. Some who did day 1 preorders are still waiting compared to those who can go on the site and order today. Even some have cancelled their preorder and reordered after release to get it shipped faster.

2. Still happening, but no updates. Mainly speculation at this point. Some say it's due to Disney, but XM has been pretty hush when asked directly. They did take preorders at STGCC for Vader and Boba Fett.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

Yeah, Sideshow's own rep confirmed that they don't sequence processed orders in any particular way; it's mostly random. And as you said, flex vs full pay doesn't really mean anything either. They seem to do something different for every statue.

In most cases, people get their pieces at roughly the same time, regardless of payment method or when the order was placed.