• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

The hulk vs wolverine is going to be epic. I don't know if I'll have room. The term maquette tends to be more associated with a higher price compared to the old "diorama."

It is interesting that they went with "maquette" and not just "comiquette" or "polystone diorama".

But will it be bgiger than the conan dio? For me if I were to get this, it'll need it's own area being 1/5 scale.

I doubt it. I'm looking at it now, and even if Wolverine is the same size as Conan, the Hulk won't be as big as the beast. It may end up with similar height and weight dimensions, but with a lot of air(space between wolvie and hulk), whereas the the Conan dio is compact and the beast is just enormous. If that beast was 1/4 scale, he'd be 30+ inches on his own.

Just ordered this. I think I'm in love...

image_zpsimyitz3n.jpeg

What will the wife say?

Good question. I got away with Power Girl, so I should be okay. I thought I'd pair this one with the XM Samurai Batman. I think they'll look great together.

Just an FYI. I'm selling my Sideshow Classic Catwoman and Power Girl in the "Mixed Age Thread & Misc" Marketpace here on the boards. Gotta make room for new statues!

I'd hold onto Power Girl if I were you.

Hi guys looking for some help , just bought this DOC SAMSON statue and need a hulk to go with it ( looking to create a HULK 141 type thing ) .Any suggestions to which Hulk statue is best sized to go with it . Thanks

doc samson photo DOC SAMPSON.jpg

Hi guys looking for some help , just bought this DOC SAMSON statue and need a hulk to go with it ( looking to create a HULK 141 type thing ) .Any suggestions to which Hulk statue is best sized to go with it . Thanks

doc samson photo DOC SAMPSON.jpg

Maybe one of the Bowen Hulks, like the one by the Shiflett Brothers.

It never rains but it pours. Got the two week shipping notice for Moon from Sideshow, then the 10 day shipping notice for Rocky II from BBTS, and finally the immediate shipping notice for the DC Collectibles Armored Batman 1:6 scale, also from BBTS.

I finally pulled the trigger on Sideshow's Batman Modern Age PF.

They've sold out on their site, but there is an Australian pop culture shop who has him online... priced cheaper than it would've been to buy from Sideshow and have it shipped (after $ conversion). So fairly happy about that. Slotted him onto a lay-by scheme, so he'll be shipping in a few weeks. :cloud9:

I finally pulled the trigger on Sideshow's Batman Modern Age PF.

They've sold out on their site, but there is an Australian pop culture shop who has him online... priced cheaper than it would've been to buy from Sideshow and have it shipped (after $ conversion). So fairly happy about that. Slotted him onto a lay-by scheme, so he'll be shipping in a few weeks. :cloud9:

You're going to love it. (thumbs u