• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

SS Bane is overpriced, XM has a statue I want that's $2000, so I'll order that instead :kidaround:

You know whats funny?

When the new Deadpool PM was released 2 months ago at $699.99 EVERYONE moaned and complained. SS basically released a statement saying that they knew the Deadpool price was high but it wasn't for everyone. That the new price was not going to be the norm. It was for very serious DP fans and collectors and not to worry that future releases will fall back into a more normal Premium format price range ($450-$499 now it seems).

2 months later.... whammo! Bane at $699.99

Who were they kidding?

The new Spidey 2099 statue is also $699. It looks pretty awesome, but 700 bones? No way. If this is the new trend going forward, I'm out. Hell, you can get a prime statue for just a couple hundred more, and those things are enormous.

Yup, agreed.

I love statues and premium formats are jist awesome but these things are clocking in at over $1K Canadian now.

$700 US + $50 shipping + $100 or more duty every time, converted to Canadian.... it's just silly.

And it appears this is the new norm. I had a good run with PFs but looks like I probably won't be adding to them very much in the future.

SS Bane is overpriced, XM has a statue I want that's $2000, so I'll order that instead :kidaround:

You know whats funny?

When the new Deadpool PM was released 2 months ago at $699.99 EVERYONE moaned and complained. SS basically released a statement saying that they knew the Deadpool price was high but it wasn't for everyone. That the new price was not going to be the norm. It was for very serious DP fans and collectors and not to worry that future releases will fall back into a more normal Premium format price range ($450-$499 now it seems).

Who were they kidding?

The new Spidey 2099 statue is also $699. It looks pretty awesome, but 700 bones? No way. If this is the new trend going forward, I'm out. Hell, you can get a prime statue for just a couple hundred more, and those things are enormous.

While it's under a Sideshow license, and distributed by Sideshow, Spidey 2099 is actually produced by Prime 1, so I'm not surprised that it's more in line with their pricing.

Merry Christmas to me! This is the classic Supes look. It comes with a switch-out chest emblem and belt for the Kingdom Come look.

kc6_zpsznk3mesf.jpg

kc3_zps3dozbiyc.jpg

kc4_zps5jlejqcn.jpg

kc5_zpsc8vsmhfy.jpg

kc7_zpshbws1yam.jpg

That is an amazing piece. I was looking forward to some painted pictures. I have The Nightwing 1/6th scale by prototype Z and it is one my my favorite statues. Erick Sosa is such a great sculptor. Do you have any pictures comparing the size with other 1/4 scales?

You know whats funny?

Who were they kidding?

While it's under a Sideshow license, and distributed by Sideshow, Spidey 2099 is actually produced by Prime 1, so I'm not surprised that it's more in line with their pricing.

Ah, good catch! That makes me feel...marginally better? ha

I really should stay out of this thread. :fear: E very time I come in here, it gets me looking at statues and hm about buying more. Thank God space is limited or my wallet would be a lot lighter and my wife would kill me.

The new Carnage looks awesome:

vcwjnr.jpg

And I love the Jason and Freddy Premium Formats.

10h0weu.jpg

2ai3n13.jpg

Merry Christmas to me! This is the classic Supes look. It comes with a switch-out chest emblem and belt for the Kingdom Come look.

kc6_zpsznk3mesf.jpg

kc3_zps3dozbiyc.jpg

kc4_zps5jlejqcn.jpg

kc5_zpsc8vsmhfy.jpg

kc7_zpshbws1yam.jpg

That is an amazing piece. I was looking forward to some painted pictures. I have The Nightwing 1/6th scale by prototype Z and it is one my my favorite statues. Erick Sosa is such a great sculptor. Do you have any pictures comparing the size with other 1/4 scales?

I don't have the statue in my possession yet. These pics were taken by the painter I commissioned. I'll take some comparison shots once it arrives. It's going to be significantly shorter than the Sideshow Superman PF since the base is so much shorter.