• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

It looks to match perfectly with the sideshow Spidey in this photo! I know most would argue about the scale but this (at first sight) disproportion actually works very well when you consider how huge venom was in the comics and how small Spidey appeared next to him :)
My questions is: How to display the XM Statues without a custom cabinet and having them inside a piece of furniture rather then having them standing on a shelf in the open. Is there any Ikea solution that works with that kind of dimensions?

5 hours ago, SpiderJunkie said:

It looks to match perfectly with the sideshow Spidey in this photo! I know most would argue about the scale but this (at first sight) disproportion actually works very well when you consider how huge venom was in the comics and how small Spidey appeared next to him :)
My questions is: How to display the XM Statues without a custom cabinet and having them inside a piece of furniture rather then having them standing on a shelf in the open. Is there any Ikea solution that works with that kind of dimensions?

Ikea Pax or the stuva.

I'm using a besta and most of my XM statues don't fit. They have to go on top

Edited by AnthaiHERO

Kinda of a lazy sunny day after the 7 inches of rain we got the other day.

Neighbors outside playing happy music, thought I'd go down to the LCS and see what's what on my budget :)

They had an Xmen 1, Giant Xmen 1, Xmen 94, Xmen 12, Xmen 266 that they just got in. I'm interested in the Xmen 12 & 94, but I just bought a Mark jeweler Xmen 94 so anyway ;) all of them are raw

My budget for this week, I walked away with this.... for gallery they're not too bad and kind of fun to spruce around the room. Not incredibly valued but look decent for what they cost  (I probably should save up for a sideshow been eyeing the wolverines and I've seen them and the hulk vs wolvie up close in person, I'm impressed by the size vs cost)

20170604_131214.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

20 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Neighbors outside playing happy music, thought I'd go down to the LCS and see what's what on my budget :)

They had an Xmen 1, Giant Xmen 1, Xmen 94, Xmen 12, Xmen 266 that they just got in. I'm interested in the Xmen 12 & 94, but I just bought a Mark jeweler Xmen 94 so anyway ;) all of them are raw

My budget for this week, I walked away with this.... for gallery they're not too bad and kind of fun to spruce around the room. Not incredibly valued but look decent for what they cost  (I probably should save up for a sideshow been eyeing the wolverines and I've seen them and the hulk vs wolvie up close in person, I'm impressed by the size vs cost)

20170604_131214.jpg

Nice pick up! And be careful with Sideshow: once you start, it's hard to stop, and your wallet may never forgive you!

On 6/4/2017 at 11:23 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

20170604_131214.jpg

Cool Old Man Logan! I need to get some Wolverine display pieces going

On 1/31/2017 at 11:02 AM, NamesJay said:

Finally busted mine out of their boxes now that I have a proper place to display them.

I need to work on the lighting, as night time they aren't visible even with the interior lighting on.

I think I need to get some LED strips to put on the sides of the walls.

I'm a big fan of the lazy susan discs that I have with the Boba Fett. I'm going to get them for all of my statues eventually.

167733.jpg.65662814361418abc055831752161cbf.jpg

WOW; we like the same stuff!  These are very cool man!

Statues are like comic books: they come in Golden Age and Modern. I am not aware of any Silver Age statues. Anyway, I love the new statues but my wife thinks that my already takes up too much space in the house. And besides, the new female character statues are so sexy that I am afraid that if I brought one home the Wife may just rethink her lifelong (thus far) tolerance for my stuff.593b6cf13b36a_GoldenAgeStatues2.thumb.JPG.11136dd19adbfded9abe973106f8b8e1.JPG

Golden Age Statues 1.JPG

Moderm Statues.JPG

9 hours ago, ParkRaven said:

Statues are like comic books: they come in Golden Age and Modern. I am not aware of any Silver Age statues. Anyway, I love the new statues but my wife thinks that my already takes up too much space in the house. And besides, the new female character statues are so sexy that I am afraid that if I brought one home the Wife may just rethink her lifelong (thus far) tolerance for my stuff.593b6cf13b36a_GoldenAgeStatues2.thumb.JPG.11136dd19adbfded9abe973106f8b8e1.JPG

Golden Age Statues 1.JPG

Moderm Statues.JPG

Nice!

DC Direct made statues for the Silver Age covers BB 28, Flash 123, and Action 252. They are beautiful! Also, check out the DC Chronicles series and Marvel Milestones which did the classic Avengers 4 Captain America, Thing from the cover of FF 51, Nick Fury 4 cover, and if you like Bronze, what I consider the classic Colan Tomb of Dracula statue. Bowen's statue run has classic renditions that capture the SA Marvel era- see the Retro-Hulk, Spider-man, and Iron Man  statues. Sideshow's Iron Man v. Sub-Mariner is a classic SA statue as is the Sub-Mariner figurine. There are more but i can't call off the top of my head. 

On 6/5/2017 at 6:19 PM, Mercury Man said:

Lighting question-  What are the do's and don't when it comes to display cabinets and lights?  

I know direct sunlight = bad.  But what are the bulb options that are best?  

LED. I have remote wireless pods that change color but they eat up batteries. I'm eventually going to go to a strip wired system off of amazon. Just too lazy to run it. 

On 6/9/2017 at 11:53 PM, ParkRaven said:

Golden Age Statues 1.JPG

Moderm Statues.JPG

Beautiful collection!

1 hour ago, Andahaion said:

Arrived today!  #726/3,000, and I'm very happy.  I don't own many statues, so I may not know what I'm talking about, but it appears very high quality for $90.  Love the homage to one of the best covers in all of the history of covers.

Thor Statue.jpg

What company produced this piece?

On 3/31/2017 at 10:09 PM, NamesJay said:

Another huge ticket item just released...

The EX (limited to 750 sold out in I believe under 15 minutes). Unfortunately I was at doctor office and missed out, but still snagged the regular edition.

The EX has a swap out portrait of Thanos smilng.

thanos.jpg

I was lucky and happened to be at my computer on a slow day at work when this went up for PO and managed to snag the EX.