• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, NamesJay said:

What company produced this piece?

Diamond Select Toys, apparently.  The sculptor is credited as Clayburn Moore.  Midtown had a pretty nice sale the other week and I snagged one.

14 hours ago, Andahaion said:

Arrived today!  #726/3,000, and I'm very happy.  I don't own many statues, so I may not know what I'm talking about, but it appears very high quality for $90.  Love the homage to one of the best covers in all of the history of covers.

Thor Statue.jpg

Wow, that looks really nice for a $90 statue. Love the base! Is it porcelain (heavy) or pvc (hollow plastic)?

6 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Wow, that looks really nice for a $90 statue. Love the base! Is it porcelain (heavy) or pvc (hollow plastic)?

Thanks!  The base is really nice and overall it's a great rendition of Thor's pose from that cover.  It is a heavy statue.  The description says it's resin.  Not sure where resin ranks on the statue quality scale, but I like it.  

2 minutes ago, Andahaion said:

Thanks!  The base is really nice and overall it's a great rendition of Thor's pose from that cover.  It is a heavy statue.  The description says it's resin.  Not sure where resin ranks on the statue quality scale, but I like it.  

Yeah, resin should be the same as "cold cast porcelain" or "polystone". They have a lot of names for the same stuff. Looks really sweet! I used to collect Thor statues (the Bowen stuff) but narrowed my collection. That one is tempting though! I wonder if there's a Surfer statue to match it?

6 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yeah, resin should be the same as "cold cast porcelain" or "polystone". They have a lot of names for the same stuff. Looks really sweet! I used to collect Thor statues (the Bowen stuff) but narrowed my collection. That one is tempting though! I wonder if there's a Surfer statue to match it?

That's a great question re: Silver Surfer statue to match.  I've not come across one, but have my eye on the 2008 Bowen SS statue which I think would look cool next to this Thor.  It'll cost more, but there seems to be a dearth of SS statues on the market.

On 1/6/2017 at 11:40 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Im looking forward to building this. First time doing a resin kit. Please let me know if anyone has any suggestions. <a  href=IMG_4929_zpslusuhlk5.jpg' alt='IMG_4929_

I just finished my Conan 1 statue kit. I'm very happy with how it turned out. If anyone is interested please check out my journal. Thank you. Pics below before and after clear coat.

IMG_5745.JPG

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5906.JPG

7 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I just finished my Conan 1 statue kit. I'm very happy with how it turned out. If anyone is interested please check out my journal. Thank you. Pics below before and after clear coat.

IMG_5906.JPG

Awesome !! Glad you got the eyes the way that you wanted them :) Looks Good!

8 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

IMG_5745.JPG

IMG_5905.JPG

IMG_5906.JPG

Beautiful job!

On 6/21/2017 at 9:02 PM, Andahaion said:

Arrived today!  #726/3,000, and I'm very happy.  I don't own many statues, so I may not know what I'm talking about, but it appears very high quality for $90.  Love the homage to one of the best covers in all of the history of covers.

Thor Statue.jpg

is there a Surfer that's goes as a companion piece?

22 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Decided to pick up this Woverine Bowen Brown Suit Statue, too bad it's not the museum, but I'm happy :) 

Wolverine Bowen Brown Suit Statue.jpg

The first Wolverine statue in the Bowendesigns line is a beauty! I prefer the Brown costume for this statue.

Randy Bowen is one of the sculptors responsible for starting the Golden Age of Statues and Bowendesigns is still the standard by which all other statue/figurines are measured.

Congrats on getting a Phase 1 classic!

Congrats!

14 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I've shown these before elsewhere, but I just found this thread this morning, so I figured I would share.

DSC09205(1).JPG.25cd3b418f5066850d6d3c0552108ef0.JPG

I keep forgetting to look for the Olafs.

DSC09207(1).JPG.d1ebac033a8eea3befb04bb9759806f5.JPG

Let it go, let it go.