• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, violentluke said:

Just got deadpool in, quite the pain to put together with so many pieces, love it though.

Should be getting green Phoenix jean grey in a couple days so will be back with some pics of her

20171024_194735.jpg

20171024_194837.jpg

20171024_194814.jpg

20171024_194829.jpg

20171024_194848.jpg

20171024_194807.jpg

Very nice! I put Green Jean on flex pay, so I won't get mine until December, but I'm just happy I got my order in time. Asking prices on eBay are already crazy.

2 minutes ago, nearmint said:

Here's my review of the Green Jean Grey Phoenix...

Wow, that was fast! I knew they had them the warehouse already, but that is a pretty major turnaround on shipping them out.

3 minutes ago, nearmint said:

I live about 70 miles away from Sideshow, so yeah, I get things fast!

Nice! Enjoyed the vid!

3 hours ago, nearmint said:

Here's my review of the Green Jean Grey Phoenix...

Great review. The ideas you had for increasing the difference in this vs. the Dark Phoenix version were very good, especially using water as the base. Would have been a better contrast between the Dark version, I think.

I got the Dark Phoenix and had to send the first one back because of a broken flame tip on the base. I also encountered that strong paint smell when opening both boxes. It's like they put it in wet or painted it in Styrofoam.

Having said that, it's a phenomenal looking statue and I absolutely love it. :cloud9:

The base is solid and heavy so I don't think it's going anywhere. The figure itself is incredible as are the portraits. Hands down, one of my absolute favorites from Sideshow.

I’ve never posted pics of one of the best statues in my collection.  Erik Sosa is one of my favorite sculptors and he knocked this one out of the park.  Also big props to Vince Vell customs for making this kit into a perfect 10.

Maybe someday I’ll have a 1/4 to go with it.  

2CAD3F88-FB2D-4E61-943A-D2BCBCF53B41.jpeg

20963FFD-9886-4A33-BC81-10E4E0DD8CAA.jpeg

5911CF1F-A17B-44DB-B209-878899564DF9.jpeg

So someone on Facebook had tall SideShow Collectibles banners for sale...I cant find the post anywhere so thought I would throw a hail mary out here as well..

Anyone know who it might be, or saw the post on the various FB forums/pages themselves?

I've tried everything....

My first really "big" statue purchase arrived today... and I mean that in every possible definition of the term.  For those who haven't seen this in person, the photos don't do it justice!

WvHstatue.thumb.jpg.f625a044cfdac7486087ee2bac552190.jpg

And then here's my limited statue collection.  My room is mostly comic art, but it's nice to have these as a great addition!

Credenza.thumb.jpg.bd3f2ec4e486999e7accdac05a319e1e.jpg