• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, AnthaiHERO said:

There's also a ex Player 2 version that's red, but I believe it was limited to only 10.

Cool.  There's a video for a custom painted player 2 Wolverine.  It was ok, but the brown just doesn't look good on the shoulder pad costume.

Haven't gone back to look through the pages, but does anyone have a Vulture statue from XM Studios? I'm wondering if it came in one piece, or does it require assembly? can't imagine it coming in one piece with the wingspan.

On 4/30/2017 at 10:58 AM, kdoginohio said:

Haven't gone back to look through the pages, but does anyone have a Vulture statue from XM Studios? I'm wondering if it came in one piece, or does it require assembly? can't imagine it coming in one piece with the wingspan.

It comes in multiple pieces (i.e. Base, body, multiple switch outs, etc.). The box is massive and the base allows it to be placed in more than one position on the base.

Fun find this weekend. 

I used to be a hardcore Bowen Designs guy. I was a shirt-wearing', card-carrying Collectors Club member. I bought all of the web exclusives. I had hundreds of the things. I was obsessed.

Then about 9 years ago, I sold all of them off. Is it a coincidence I met the gal who is now my wife at that same time? No, I'd say it's not.

At any rate, eventually I got back into statues, but by then I'd moved on to the showier Sideshow pieces, Premium Formats, and the like.

But this weekend I stopped by my LCS, who were having a sidewalk sale, and I ran into these beauties. They were already priced well below market value, but everything in the store was also an additional 25% off, so I just couldn't pass them up.

The question now, of course, is do I sell them for a quick flip, or do I keep them, thereby likely triggering a Bowen Relapse?

Forgot how much I loved his stuff.

Photo May 22, 12 08 43 AM.jpg

Photo May 22, 12 10 12 AM.jpg

Photo May 22, 12 10 50 AM.jpg

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Fun find this weekend. 

I used to be a hardcore Bowen Designs guy. I was a shirt-wearing', card-carrying Collectors Club member. I bought all of the web exclusives. I had hundreds of the things. I was obsessed.

Then about 9 years ago, I sold all of them off. Is it a coincidence I met the gal who is now my wife at that same time? No, I'd say it's not.

At any rate, eventually I got back into statues, but by then I'd moved on to the showier Sideshow pieces, Premium Formats, and the like.

But this weekend I stopped by my LCS, who were having a sidewalk sale, and I ran into these beauties. They were already priced well below market value, but everything in the store was also an additional 25% off, so I just couldn't pass them up.

The question now, of course, is do I sell them for a quick flip, or do I keep them, thereby likely triggering a Bowen Relapse?

Forgot how much I loved his stuff.

That all depends on you lol you could always save them as a donation to any of the many contests here on the boards :) That way you could enjoy them for a while before being generous......OR you could wrap them and send them for my birthday in July ;) 

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That all depends on you lol you could always save them as a donation to any of the many contests here on the boards :) That way you could enjoy them for a while before being generous......OR you could wrap them and send them for my birthday in July ;) 

Ha, well, I'll keep those options in mind, but I gotta level with ya, your chances aren't so great. ;)

Also I'd like to take a moment to doff the cap to Randy Bowen. Without him, there would be no comic statue industry. He got this whole ball of wax rolling. Hats off to Randy, hope makes a comeback soon!

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

There are some Bowen that are really nice especially considering the time they were made. Of the Bowens I still have the Chrome Surfer and a Nick Fury I picked up cheap

Yup, there are a bunch that really hold up even by today's standards, beautifully so. The chrome Surfer is super sweet, and only seems to be going up in value. I had a set of the painted and chrome once upon a time, but they are long gone. :(

12 minutes ago, Hado said:

Those both look great! :cloud9: 

Thanks! As the day goes on, the more convinced I am that they're going into the permanent collection...and what's worse, I may need more!

8 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Thanks! As the day goes on, the more convinced I am that they're going into the permanent collection...and what's worse, I may need more!

Brown costume... then you'll quit.

1 minute ago, Hado said:

Brown costume... then you'll quit.

They've still got a brown costume up at the LCS...as well as the X-Force Costume... hm

They must have bought a collection from someone. I picked up the two yellow Wolvies this weekend, but didn't have cash on hand for the other two. But if they've still got them, I may need to return.

This is what they look like:

2406_press01-001.jpg

901195_press01-001.jpg

And in addition to those, Bowen also made:

Classic Action

Classic Unmasked

Brown Action

Astonishing Museum

Weapon X

Old Man Logan

This could get expensive very, very fast!

LCS had another sale, so I went back for the other Wolvies. Brown museum had sold, but I was happy to go ahead and pick up the X-Force piece.

Photo May 29, 9 23 28 PM.jpg

Photo May 29, 9 23 56 PM.jpg