• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

Now look at this one!!!!! @OrangeCrush:flipbait::o

dc-comics-superman-statue-iron-studios-903375-05.jpg

Damn, gonna just have to stop visiting Sideshow and threads like this. Just too many amazing pieces being made today. I just have no willpower when it comes to amazing statues. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

1 hour ago, OrangeCrush said:

Damn, gonna just have to stop visiting Sideshow and threads like this. Just too many amazing pieces being made today. I just have no willpower when it comes to amazing statues. 

You can say that again, I'm trying to work out logistics still on how I can get this bad boy and add it to the other 2 that I already pre-ordered. 

11 minutes ago, fmaz said:

New Wolverine head and body are en route (both arms survived the fall). No charge, not even shipping. Incredibly nice of them to do this, I feel very appreciative to say the least! Can't wait to buy my next Sideshow statute!!

awesome...that is quality customer service over and above...good for u! 

1 hour ago, fmaz said:

New Wolverine head and body are en route (both arms survived the fall). No charge, not even shipping. Incredibly nice of them to do this, I feel very appreciative to say the least! Can't wait to buy my next Sideshow statute!!

:whee:

1 hour ago, MDR123 said:

You can say that again, I'm trying to work out logistics still on how I can get this bad boy and add it to the other 2 that I already pre-ordered. 

I just wish this would have been put up for pre order before Sideshow's new Superman. I might just have to take the hit and lose my NRD and cancel Sideshow's new Superman and order this instead. I like Sideshow's new Superman, but this is definitely the nicer of the 2. Not to mention, this is 1:3 and not 1:4.and  I already have Sideshow's last 1:4 Superman. Honestly, the statue market has been just absolutely killing me the last few years. I had 3 times as many pre orders as I have ever had before in 2006-eary 2007. I finally got down to just 3 pre-orders a couple month back, the lowest number I have had in like 3 years, and then Sideshow winds up releasing Abbey Chase, Wolverine, the new Kier, Taarna, Wonder Woman, Superman & Black Widow and just like that I am right back up to insane levels again. Sideshow really has just been killing me these last 3 years. They just keep releasing one amazing piece after another going all the way back to early 2016. Back in 2015, Sideshow was just getting hammered with negative feedback on sites like StaueForum, but they have raised their game in a BIG way these last couple of years as they have hired some of the best people in the industry including sculptors like Will Harbottle & Daniel Bel. 

4 hours ago, fmaz said:

WOW! Now that is impressive. I expected them to do something, but this is well beyond what I was expecting. This is really a perfect example of the amazing customer service that Sideshow has. They have just raised their game all the way around. Much better designs and sculpts, much better paint apps, better quality control and amazing customer service. You have to be pretty happy right now!

available now....pricey but sweet!

marvel-black-widow-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300484-01.jpg

marvel-black-widow-premium-format-figure-sideshow-3004841-03.jpg

$500-$575 has really become Sideshow's new standard price level for 1:4 Premium Format statues. Its definitely a significant increase over the prices from a few years ago, but the quality of the statues have improved significantly. Personally, I would much rather pay these prices and get the quality that we have been seeing from Sideshow over the last couple years than go back to the $350 range and receive the quality of statues Sideshow was producing back then. That said, if Sideshow continues raising prices I will definitely cut back on the number of statues I order from them. $600 is really the most I will pay for 1:4 statues. So hopefully Sideshow's price increases stop and level out where their at right now. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

4 hours ago, fmaz said:

Awesome, great news, so glad you got in touch with them!

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:59 AM, OrangeCrush said:

Bummer! Sorry to see that happened with your statue. That is why I have all my statues behind glass. I have 5 cats and there is just no way I am risking my statues getting damaged like this due to the cats. Cats love jumping up on and exploring new places. Not to mention, 2 of my cats just love to rub their face against everything. I guarantee I would have at least a couple of broken statues at this point if my cats had free reign to walk amongst my statues. I really wish at times that I could display my statues out in the open, but I can't. Its just the price I have to pay for having cats. 

Ill give you $1 for the Hulk :) 

Surely sucks, see if sideshow will replace....

2 hours ago, 3319comics said:

Ill give you $1 for the Hulk :) 

Surely sucks, see if sideshow will replace....

I think your confusing me with fmaz. 

5a7e2d6e078e7_BlackWidowcopy.thumb.jpg.83b1c0ba79599418d487dacd732ed611.jpg

Just pre-ordered BW! Used 1/3 of my reward points to bring the price down a bit. Loving that I am finally going to have a quality Black Widow in my collection and I love all the alternate portraits were seeing with many of Sideshow's recent statues.

Edited by OrangeCrush

8 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

I just wish this would have been put up for pre order before Sideshow's new Superman. I might just have to take the hit and lose my NRD and cancel Sideshow's new Superman and order this instead. I like Sideshow's new Superman, but this is definitely the nicer of the 2. Not to mention, this is 1:3 and not 1:4.and  I already have Sideshow's last 1:4 Superman. Honestly, the statue market has been just absolutely killing me the last few years. I had 3 times as many pre orders as I have ever had before in 2006-eary 2007. I finally got down to just 3 pre-orders a couple month back, the lowest number I have had in like 3 years, and then Sideshow winds up releasing Abbey Chase, Wolverine, the new Kier, Taarna, Wonder Woman, Superman & Black Widow and just like that I am right back up to insane levels again. Sideshow really has just been killing me these last 3 years. They just keep releasing one amazing piece after another going all the way back to early 2016. Back in 2015, Sideshow was just getting hammered with negative feedback on sites like StaueForum, but they have raised their game in a BIG way these last couple of years as they have hired some of the best people in the industry including sculptors like Will Harbottle & Daniel Bel. 

I think I have 4 pre-orders currently open. 2 for JL Hot Toys, 2 for Superman statues and I still may be jumping on this bad boy. I need new shelving though once everything arrives.