• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

XM Studios Carnage Statue.  That face looks super cool :golfclap: 

My only complaint is the hair should have been red, it looks more brown than red ???

This one is of my favorite statues, but I thought the base needed some improvements. o.O

I'm sure not everyone will like it, but I'm actually pretty happy with it. (shrug)

The paint can be easily removed if I ever decide change it back to original paint

The video shows how I repainted, but it also includes side-by-side comparison pictures of the base before vs. after (last couple of minutes of the video)  :bigsmile: The improvement is still more noticeable in person.

20200329_141218.jpg

BEFORE-AFTER-5.JPG

BEFORE-AFTER-6.JPG

BEFORE-AFTER-4.JPG

BEFORE-AFTER-7.JPG

BEFORE-AFTER-11.JPG

Edited by BOLORINO

22 hours ago, joeypost said:

That's what I was afraid of. have a few larger statues. 

hulk-and-wolverine_marvel_gallery_5c4da7f92c0aa.jpg

If your a bit of a Do-It-Yourself'er, this guy posted a video of a set of pretty impressive custom displays he created using relatively common stuff he was able to find at Home Depot and Amazon.

49 minutes ago, Antpark said:

If your a bit of a Do-It-Yourself'er, this guy posted a video of a set of pretty impressive custom displays he created using relatively common stuff he was able to find at Home Depot and Amazon.

Thanks.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:45 AM, joeypost said:

Where is the best place to get display cases? 

Hi Joe,

I bought 42” Billy bookcases from Ikea and have graphic novels on the shelves and statues displayed on top.  
For larger or heavier pieces, I bought Gladiator garage shelving from Home Depot.  They come in many sizes and can hold 1000 pounds per shelf.

Edited by nearmint

2 hours ago, nearmint said:

Hi Joe,

I bought 42” Billy bookcases from Ikea and have graphic novels on the shelves and statues displayed on top.  
For larger or heavier pieces, I bought Gladiator garage shelving from Home Depot.  They come I’m many sizes and can hold 1000 pounds per shelf.

Thanks. I’ll check Home Depot tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, joeypost said:

I made my own corner shelves this weekend. Have a few more to make but the bigger statues are up and displayed in my sons room. 

BCFED46A-644A-48D1-89F0-595ABAFB28E8.thumb.jpeg.fd82504d9f2115d2412a5dfa26ebd5fa.jpeg559F86BF-F98F-4029-9BC2-3B620BF19FE1.thumb.jpeg.30a2ad1339ebe3dc46002e7165879a90.jpeg

Hope those are secrue Joey. Would give me nightmares if they fell.

Edited by Anfield Fox

19 hours ago, Andahaion said:

The McFarlane Black/White Batman showed up today.  I quite like it.  Looks great on the shelf.

McFarlane Bats 1.jpg

McFarlane Bats 2.jpg

McFarlane Bats 3.jpg

McFarlane Bats 4.jpg

I've never been a big McFarlane fan, and I haven't bought a B&W statue for a while, but I am seriously considering this one. Iconic cover, and it looks tremendous in three dimensions. Great pick up!

Just now, F For Fake said:

I've never been a big McFarlane fan, and I haven't bought a B&W statue for a while, but I am seriously considering this one. Iconic cover, and it looks tremendous in three dimensions. Great pick up!

Thanks!  I wanted it ever since it was announced (I think almost 18 months ago).  I only have one other B/W statue (Mazzucchelli), but the McFarlane is much bigger and definitely has a unique presence.  

4 minutes ago, Andahaion said:

Thanks!  I wanted it ever since it was announced (I think almost 18 months ago).  I only have one other B/W statue (Mazzucchelli), but the McFarlane is much bigger and definitely has a unique presence.  

When this line started, I decided that I was going to get the whole line. That...didn't happen. I ended up focusing on the ones I really cared about since I was never going to complete the series, so as of today I only have about 16 or so. Funnily enough, one that I missed was the Mazzuccheli! And I kick myself because now it's a very pricey piece, and lovely as  well.

Here are mine. I've had fun taking these to shows over the years to get signed. The Mignola and Neal Adams are signed by the artist and the sculptor. The Kelley Jones, Jae Lee, Dave Johnson, Greg Capullo, and Eduardo Barretto are signed by the artist only.  I guess my favorite of all of them is still the Mignola. At the time it came out, my jaw dropped, because they were able to capture his style so well in three dimensions.

IMG_6031.JPG

IMG_6036.JPG

IMG_6032.JPG

IMG_6033.JPG

IMG_6034.JPG

IMG_6035.JPG

9 minutes ago, Andahaion said:

Anyone see the Sideshow preview for a new Silver Surfer piece?  I feel like I haven't been interested in a SS piece since the Bowen days of yore, or maybe there just haven't been any new to market.  Any thoughts?  I'm thinking I will pre-order when possible...

1125_previewbanner_400358_SilverSurferMaq-1.jpg

Initially, I’m not a big fan for a stationary pose like that when the Surfer is on the board. My preference is an action pose like Bowen’s or the first Sideshow Surfer piece. Have to wait and see more photos. 

On 7/3/2020 at 11:30 AM, Antpark said:

That was pretty cool! :) The lights are what I need lol but my comic room is mostly windows, it's a different kind of light, so it's difficult to go through the trouble of delving to much.

I enjoy the swivel lights he posted, and the acrylic looks nice, you should check it out @STORMSHADOW_80 we all have seemingly limited space, but presentation seems to be the key

haha after lol you've run out of space :) 

51 minutes ago, Andahaion said:

Anyone see the Sideshow preview for a new Silver Surfer piece?  I feel like I haven't been interested in a SS piece since the Bowen days of yore, or maybe there just haven't been any new to market.  Any thoughts?  I'm thinking I will pre-order when possible...

1125_previewbanner_400358_SilverSurferMaq-1.jpg

That's pretty sharp! For my money the original Bowen Surfer is still the one to beat, and is one of the best statues anyone has ever made. Very simple yet so lovely.

I’m looking at a couple of statues on eBay and gather that Sideshow is top of the heap. Does anyone have any feedback on Yamato?

Just wanted to share some info and see if anyone had experience ordering directly from Prime 1.  Last year I ordered my first statue directly from Prime 1 studios, it is the General Zod 1/3 scale. This was during the time when the Sideshow/Prime 1 relationship was up in the air and this statue still hasn’t been made available on Sideshow’s site, although I am seeing other new Prime 1 items back up on their site recently.

Anyways, I placed the item on pre-order and the payments were taken via PayPal pretty smoothly until the last payment. A couple weeks ago I was informed the shipping went from $180.00 to $438.00, an increase of $258.00!  Okay, I decided to chalk that up as a learning experience.

The final payment was taken today so I’m thinking ‘cool’, this baby is shipping and I will have it soon. Not so!  Tonight I get an email that my item is ‘preparing to ship’ but might not ship for another 4-8 weeks!  That’s crazy!

7C6FC379-EE0F-4CF4-87B2-62E5986A502C.jpeg.c86f560614feaad3b8a39178ce2d8546.jpeg
A4C205B0-1F1B-4C8E-B603-B36FA8F33101.jpeg.9d761ed79796d7d6b23f4b045a4089e9.jpeg

Just wondering if anyone else has ordered directly from Prime 1 before, rather that through Sideshow?  I’m used to delays, but what I am not used to is being 'paid in full' and still waiting up to two more months for an item to ship. Sideshow usually charges the last payment + shipping and it goes out in about a day or two.  Any info would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any experience with them.  Hopefully this is just a disclaimer and it will ship much sooner!  I love their work but doubt I will ever order directly from them again if it actually takes that long to ship.

Thanks!

AB9D9A14-0364-409C-9532-4CA98A2D3D33.jpeg.eaf5b7498b1759437d8ee3519513e9eb.jpeg

Edited by Iconic1s