• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

Hey COI, do you have any info/thoughts on this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301049057751?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I've been looking at it for awhile. I think I like this Elektra one better than the others I've seen. hm

The base matches your faux bronze DD statue, that's reason enough to buy it and display them together. :baiting:

I saw a beautiful white re-paint of that statue on one of the statue forums, it looked outstanding.

I did see that one and like it as well. :juggle:

Reason I liked the Bowen one was to match it with the DD Bowen one I picked up - I like that they are the same bases. hm

Thanks for the input. (thumbs u

I think it's a great looking piece.

(not my pic)

4469916708_d73c73336b_z.jpg

Then again, if you already have the Bowen Daredevil, that Elektra would make a better companion piece since the comiquette is 1/5 scale and would dwarf the faux bronze Bowen DD.

I'm still waiting for Sideshow to do a full 1/4 scale Daredevil Premium Format. It's in the works.

Now there were 750 of the regular SW's and 350 of the ones that come with the Veranke head.

Yeah. I have #7 of 750. Don't care for the Skrull head, so I didn't bother.

750 is a relatively small number for a SS piece.

I can't decide which SW statue to go after

Spider-Woman-Statue-Bowen.jpg

spider-woman-statue.jpg

The Queen Veranke version of the SS is sweet too.

Advice ?

Here's mine:

sw2_zpsb60a00d7.jpg

sw_zps1c32070c.jpg

I was all ready to jump all over the Sideshow PF, I even had my name on the waitlist for the Skrull exclusive. But when it was released and I started seeing in-hand pics, many folks were disappointed with the paint job and the less-than-flush seams where the shoulder rests on the body. I'm glad my waitlist didn't convert, even though I love Spider-Woman.

I actually have the other statue by Bowen. It is gorgeous and with the gargoyle base, it's got a good size to it. I didn't even know about it until I saw a local seller had it up for sale. I've got it sitting next to my Sideshow Spider-Woman LSB. :)

I did see that one and like it as well. :juggle:

Reason I liked the Bowen one was to match it with the DD Bowen one I picked up - I like that they are the same bases. hm

Thanks for the input. (thumbs u

I think it's a great looking piece.

(not my pic)

4469916708_d73c73336b_z.jpg

Then again, if you already have the Bowen Daredevil, that Elektra would make a better companion piece since the comiquette is 1/5 scale and would dwarf the faux bronze Bowen DD.

I'm still waiting for Sideshow to do a full 1/4 scale Daredevil Premium Format. It's in the works.

Wow. 1/5! :o Yikes. Definitely going with the Bowen one then. Thanks again!

And I wouldn't know what to do with a 1/4 scale statue! I'm working on a "man bookcase" before a man cave! lol

Now there were 750 of the regular SW's and 350 of the ones that come with the Veranke head.

I like the tilt the skrull version has, not the green though.

I was all ready to jump all over the Sideshow PF, I even had my name on the waitlist for the Skrull exclusive. But when it was released and I started seeing in-hand pics, many folks were disappointed with the paint job and the less-than-flush seams where the shoulder rests on the body. I'm glad my waitlist didn't convert, even though I love Spider-Woman.

I actually have the other statue by Bowen. It is gorgeous and with the gargoyle base, it's got a good size to it. I didn't even know about it until I saw a local seller had it up for sale. I've got it sitting next to my Sideshow Spider-Woman LSB. :)

Yeah, these things can be a crapshoot. I'm quite happy with mine and I think it looks way better in person than the pictures convey (as these things often do), but I'm aware of the issues.

I actually passed initially as well, but Sideshow had a portion of their regular stock redone, and they recently popped up on their website. The one I got is from that new batch, and thankfully, it has no real issues.

Yeah, the regular masked head with the skrull head's tilt and hair would have been ideal.

Yeah, the regular masked head with the skrull head's tilt and hair would have been ideal.

So 7/750 was never sold and re painted?

Ms Marvel is pretty awesome. Don't have that one.

Have you seen the upcoming Red Sonja exclusive with the severed head? That may end up eventually taking the crown for best PF ever:

SDCC2013-sideshow-premium-format-1-533x800.jpg

SDCC2013-sideshow-premium-format-2-533x800.jpg

Yeah, these things can be a crapshoot. I'm quite happy with mine and I think it looks way better in person than the pictures convey (as these things often do), but I'm aware of the issues.

I actually passed initially as well, but Sideshow had a portion of their regular stock redone, and they recently popped up on their website. The one I got is from that new batch, and thankfully, it has no real issues.

This has been a concern of mine re: sideshow. I keep hearing tales of bad paint jobs and production flaws. I really want to get the Green Lantern statue they put out a few months back, but again, I read about some production problems. COI, do you order your sideshows direct from them? Or do you wait to pick them up on the secondary market? And have you ever experienced any paint/production issues yourself?

So 7/750 was never sold and re painted?

No. I had a minor issue with the head being stuck on, but I managed to fix that.

This has been a concern of mine re: sideshow. I keep hearing tales of bad paint jobs and production flaws. I really want to get the Green Lantern statue they put out a few months back, but again, I read about some production problems. COI, do you order your sideshows direct from them? Or do you wait to pick them up on the secondary market? And have you ever experienced any paint/production issues yourself?

Here's the thing: the statue community has a very picky vocal minority that tends to harp on even minor things, while many satisfied people don't speak up. Sideshow has had some issues with pieces in the past, and because of the detail of these pieces, complications are bound to happen. But the complaints among the community tend to lean toward the extreme.

I try to buy most of my stuff from Sideshow. They have a no-hassle return policy and will even send replacement parts when possible. I have purchased more than a dozen from them directly, and the only real problem I had was with Spider-Woman; her head went on flush, but then was very difficult to remove. After fiddling with it for a while, I realized that I had to simply pull and twist it a certain way and it came out easily. It would have potentially been a problem with someone who is less patient, as they could have easily broken one of the strands of hair while attempting to remove the piece.

Thanks for all the info COI,

It's bedtime here, Merry Christmas guys :D

No problem dude. Enjoy the holiday.