• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I had posted this set-up of mine sometime back in the comic room thread, but here it is again.

DisneyandUpstairs108_zps3cdb52f7.jpg

DisneyandUpstairs119_zps7b3e87ce.jpg

I collected statues pretty heavily for a while, but eventually, I had to draw the line somewhere, unless I had unlimited funds (which I do not). I do try to pick up Sideshow pieces here and there, but the price tags are so high, it's difficult to justify them -- not that I wouldn't want many of the ones I've passed one. It's the choice I had to make knowing that that type of cash can go easily towards a book/books on my want lists instead.

I collected statues pretty heavily for a while, but eventually, I had to draw the line somewhere, unless I had unlimited funds (which I do not). I do try to pick up Sideshow pieces here and there, but the price tags are so high, it's difficult to justify them -- not that I wouldn't want many of the ones I've passed one. It's the choice I had to make knowing that that type of cash can go easily towards a book/books on my want lists instead.
You have the Sideshow DD statue I was just talking about in your first picture! That statue is awesome! :cloud9: How does it look in person? Is it huge?!

It is huge -- right around 21 inches in height. It (and other Sideshow pieces I have that you can see in that picture, the Angel and the Spidey) towers over the Bowen statues I have. The Sideshow pieces are so big in comparison to Bowen regular statues that I needed to build shelves specifically to fit them. :o

I hadn't decided to buy it in advance, but when I saw it in person, it just caught my eye. It's got a dynamic look (I don't know if a specific artist or comic panel was the model for it), with DD perched on top of the tombstone. There's 3 different tombstone markers you can use -- an Elektra, a Jack Murdock, and a generic blank look. Mine is numbered #44 of 1000, so it's not a huge, huge production run compared to some of the other statues I've seen.

While I have the Bowen Daredevil statues, this one beats it for the size and the look. While I like the Spidey Sideshow more (Spidey has always been my favorite) and the Angel piece is awe-inspiring (the wingspan is incredible), this one is still a fantastic looking statue and I've never regretted picking it up for a second. If you're a DD fan, I'd heartily recommend it for a collection.

It is huge -- right around 21 inches in height. It (and other Sideshow pieces I have that you can see in that picture, the Angel and the Spidey) towers over the Bowen statues I have. The Sideshow pieces are so big in comparison to Bowen regular statues that I needed to build shelves specifically to fit them. :o

I hadn't decided to buy it in advance, but when I saw it in person, it just caught my eye. It's got a dynamic look (I don't know if a specific artist or comic panel was the model for it), with DD perched on top of the tombstone. There's 3 different tombstone markers you can use -- an Elektra, a Jack Murdock, and a generic blank look. Mine is numbered #44 of 1000, so it's not a huge, huge production run compared to some of the other statues I've seen.

While I have the Bowen Daredevil statues, this one beats it for the size and the look. While I like the Spidey Sideshow more (Spidey has always been my favorite) and the Angel piece is awe-inspiring (the wingspan is incredible), this one is still a fantastic looking statue and I've never regretted picking it up for a second. If you're a DD fan, I'd heartily recommend it for a collection.

Thanks man! Someday... :cloud9:

I don't have any sort of display set up right now, but here's some random Sideshow pieces that I have pics of in photobucket. I have others that are boxed up, and will get around to taking pics one of these days.

These are all 1/4 scale, ranging from 20-24 inches tall, so they're quite large which makes them hard to photograph and display. I have no idea how to take pictures; these things look exponentially better in real life.

I currently have around 10 pieces pre-ordered with Sideshow, including the Batman that goes with Ivy and the Joker. I'm moving sometime next year, and am already planning an epic display at my new place, complete with custom display cases.

smbib1_zpsd1b20da1.jpg

smbib_zpsc021988c.jpg

pi_zpsb810e9c5.jpg

dp_zpsd6369fbc.jpg

photo_zpsff46f57f.jpg

photo11_zps964b83ce.jpg

photo12_zps0b5f5796.jpg

That's like the giant colossus, where would you put it?

The other problem with Colossus is it weighs close to 30lbs. So even if you have a shelf with the headroom, you need to make sure it can carry that weight long term.

That's like the giant colossus, where would you put it?

The other problem with Colossus is it weighs close to 30lbs. So even if you have a shelf with the headroom, you need to make sure it can carry that weight long term.

Sweet Jeebus

Since we're talking about size, here's a comparison shot: Moon Knight is in the same scale as Bowen pieces (1/6); Deadpool and Colossus are 1/4; the Daredevil you guys are talking about is 1/5:

photo14_zps0558472e.jpg

I have a few statues/figures, and although they're more movie-related than comic book related I thought I could share some photos all the same.

The Batman, Joker and Terminator are 1/4 scale posable figures made by Enterbay. The Sucker Punch girls are 1/4 scale statues by Gentle Giant. I also have a few Dollfie Dreams, which are Japanese anime-style BJDs (ball-jointed dolls), which are basically 1/3 scale posable figures/dolls.

Click image to enlarge.

figs_zps2cc71cae.jpg