• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

I will never understand why people don't always order the EX, even if they don't really care for a particular statues EX.  It makes them more valuable and much easier to sell if you ever decide to do so. Even with Sideshow now charging a little bit extra for EX's, I still would never order anything but the EX. The difference in value between the EX and regular with some statues is SIGNIFICANT to say the least. I prefer swap out portraits myself. 

Sometimes they sell out before someone gets to it? Or maybe that individual hasn't set reminders for themselves?

Added a bunch of X-Men to my eaglemoss collection, first time I ordered from Europe.  Took about a month wait but worth the savings.   
After initially thinking there were too many to collect (more than 65 of the 200 total are x-men) I decided I could just go after the key characters.
What I have now is close to everything I wanted.  Need a Colossus to round out the new GSX1 characters, maybe a few villains like juggernaut, sentinel, and apocalypse.   

s2MdCkS.jpg

Edited by 90sChild

On 2/1/2018 at 9:48 PM, nearmint said:

You might like the exclusive portrait...

F3_E5_D672_10_EE_4594_946_C_92277_A64_A2

I like the Exclusive but still want a short hair Black Widow and really like how pretty she is in the illustration. Even though from some angles the normal portrait does look good. I think overall the statue might be like some are saying on the StatueForum, like a GI Joe character. Especially with the Exclusive, she almost could look like the GI Joe movie Scarlett. And that's the bigger problem for me. I'll probably get Prime 1's Scarlett. I'm looking for updates at the upcoming show in Japan in a week or so. Perhaps they will have Baroness too. I'm waiting on Snake Eyes to ship since that was delayed. And with the price of these I can't just get a statue I'm iffy on. And Sideshow seems to have zero problems repeating popular characters after a few years anyway. It would be good if they made a real spy pose Black Widow statue.

On 2/2/2018 at 4:13 PM, quadman78 said:

There are a lot of things I like about this one, but there’s is just something off about the face that I can’t quite put my finger on.

I really think they need to make a statue where he’s at least kind of happy. He always scowling but he’s actually a light hearted superhero most of the time. I’d like a statue that shows that.

Same here. I don't think any of the Reeve Superman statues I've seen have him smiling. This new one is ok but far from the end all be all Superman statue. Same goes for their Wonder Woman statue. I still haven't seen Justice League but for a Wonder Woman statue, I'm leaning towards one of the Prime 1 pieces. All of them look nice. I'm curious if they will make a Jim Lee version even though she's not part of Hush but shows up in For Tomorrow.

Hulk smash! Actually... it was our cats.   I don't know how they did it... we've had cats for a long time and they've never knocked anything over, certainly not anything of value.  Found this  this morning.  No idea what to do... it seem laughable to try crazy glue but what's my alternative? Throwing it in the trash?  I'm devestated.

hulksmash.thumb.jpg.22fe64aca3b76d7470757c8d57f7a8bd.jpg

4 minutes ago, g-man said:

yikes...that sucks...you could have someone who is skilled at sculpting to a repair and customize it maybe with some blood or bruises to cover the cracks, etc...just a thought. 

I'll certainly be open to suggestions.  I wonder if via sideshow you can get new Wolverine?  I guess I can check with them and at least explore that.  I still don't know how the cats did it.  The wolverine goes in there pretty solidly.  I also don't know how we didn't hear it happen.  Ugh.

42 minutes ago, nearmint said:

Are you sure Hulk isn't responsible?

Seriously, a pro painter could fix that.  It might not be cheap, but it could be done.

Well, if you have any recommendations please let me know.  My first thought was to see if I could round up ALL the king’s horses, and then see if I could get ALL the king’s men... but honestly, they’ve had very little success with this kind of work in the past.

3 minutes ago, fmaz said:

Well, if you have any recommendations please let me know.  My first thought was to see if I could round up ALL the king’s horses, and then see if I could get ALL the king’s men... but honestly, they’ve had very little success with this kind of work in the past.

Look up John Allred on Facebook (the one listed as an artist/painter), and message him the above pic.  The only downside is that he's busy, and sometimes is fully booked a year out. 

59 minutes ago, fmaz said:

Hulk smash! Actually... it was our cats.   I don't know how they did it... we've had cats for a long time and they've never knocked anything over, certainly not anything of value.  Found this  this morning.  No idea what to do... it seem laughable to try crazy glue but what's my alternative? Throwing it in the trash?  I'm devestated.

Oh...my. I have smashed two statues in my life, and I know it's a sickening feeling. You have my sympathies. I wonder if it's worth hitting the sideshow collectors forums to see if anyone has a set with a smashed Hulk and ok Wolvie? As was mentioned above, it may be worth messaging SST as well. You never know. Good luck!

On 2/4/2018 at 10:58 AM, MDR123 said:

Sometimes they sell out before someone gets to it? Or maybe that individual hasn't set reminders for themselves?

I was really referring to the people that purposely buy the regular over the EX and there are actually quite a few of those buyers out there. Just spend some time on StatueForum and you will see your fair share. And VERY rarely do statues sell out fast. Most of Sideshow's statues are up for pre order for at least a month or two before the edition size is even set and most don't wind up selling out for at least another 2 months after that, some even longer. So I just don't see how anyone could miss out on a statue they really wanted due to it selling out, especially since you only need to put down a $50-$60 NRD to lock in your statue. The only statues I can think of where the EX sold out extremely fast was Sideshow's Thanos EX, Sideshow Teenage Mutant Turtle EX's, and the recent green Phoenix variant and that Phoenix variant didn't even have an EX and regular. It just had one edition that was limited to like 350. All of the other statues they have produced over the last 4-5 years were up for order for significant amounts of time before the EX wound up selling out. 

7 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

I like the Exclusive but still want a short hair Black Widow and really like how pretty she is in the illustration. Even though from some angles the normal portrait does look good. I think overall the statue might be like some are saying on the StatueForum, like a GI Joe character. Especially with the Exclusive, she almost could look like the GI Joe movie Scarlett. And that's the bigger problem for me. I'll probably get Prime 1's Scarlett. I'm looking for updates at the upcoming show in Japan in a week or so. Perhaps they will have Baroness too. I'm waiting on Snake Eyes to ship since that was delayed. And with the price of these I can't just get a statue I'm iffy on. And Sideshow seems to have zero problems repeating popular characters after a few years anyway. It would be good if they made a real spy pose Black Widow statue.

Same here. I don't think any of the Reeve Superman statues I've seen have him smiling. This new one is ok but far from the end all be all Superman statue. Same goes for their Wonder Woman statue. I still haven't seen Justice League but for a Wonder Woman statue, I'm leaning towards one of the Prime 1 pieces. All of them look nice. I'm curious if they will make a Jim Lee version even though she's not part of Hush but shows up in For Tomorrow.

I have the PF reeves and the sixth scale and you’re right...no smile at all.

My favourite supes is Alex Ross’s version and he was never much of a smiler but I would love just one superman that shows his positive optimistic side.

4 hours ago, fmaz said:

Bummer! Sorry to see that happened with your statue. That is why I have all my statues behind glass. I have 5 cats and there is just no way I am risking my statues getting damaged like this due to the cats. Cats love jumping up on and exploring new places. Not to mention, 2 of my cats just love to rub their face against everything. I guarantee I would have at least a couple of broken statues at this point if my cats had free reign to walk amongst my statues. I really wish at times that I could display my statues out in the open, but I can't. Its just the price I have to pay for having cats. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

2 hours ago, fmaz said:

Wow I def feel for ya. Hulk may have won the battle but your cats for sure won the war.

53 minutes ago, Stoy77 said:

Wow I def feel for ya. Hulk may have won the battle but your cats for sure won the war.

lol  By the way, I’m simply assuming it was one of our cats who did it... only because I can’t imagine how it would have happened otherwise.  But they’ve NEVER shown any interest in it and they’re older cats who rarely even go up on that credenza.   So it’s very odd.

By the way, I did contact Sideshow and they were really nice. They said they’d look into whether or not they are able to do something for me and let me know.  Just the fact that they’re trying is something I really appreciate.  If they come through? They’ve got a customer for life.

2 hours ago, fmaz said:

lol  By the way, I’m simply assuming it was one of our cats who did it... only because I can’t imagine how it would have happened otherwise.  But they’ve NEVER shown any interest in it and they’re older cats who rarely even go up on that credenza.   So it’s very odd.

By the way, I did contact Sideshow and they were really nice. They said they’d look into whether or not they are able to do something for me and let me know.  Just the fact that they’re trying is something I really appreciate.  If they come through? They’ve got a customer for life.

I have seen a LOT of Sideshow bashing on StatueForum over the last few years dealing with issues like pricing, quality control, customer service etc., but I can't say a single negative thing about the company. Everytime I have had an issue, their customer service department went above and beyond to try and make me happy. IMO, they are without question one of the best companies out there, especially in regards to their customer service. If you exclude the recent issue Sideshow had with Huntress's cape (the purple dye bled on the white seam and they wound up replacing everyone's cape free of charge), I have received over 25 statues in a row now that arrived in absolute perfect condition. So again, I can't say anything but positive things about Sideshow.  Their prices have definitely gone up, but they have raised the quality of their statues significantly since the prices started rising, especially the overall quality of the designs. I personally consider 2016 Sideshow's best year to date and I would much rather pay the current pricing and get the quality we have ben seeing lately then go back to the roughly $300-$350 price level and the quality we were receiving back then. 

As for your statue, I am not sure exactly what Sideshow can do in a case like this so it will be interesting to see what they wind up doing. My guess would be they wind up giving you a nice coupon that can be used on new statue's or they might offer to try and fix it the best they can if you pay to send it in. IMO, the fact that they are even trying to do something and didn't just tell you tough luck says a lot about their customer service. 

Edited by OrangeCrush

6 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

I have seen a LOT of Sideshow bashing on StatueForum over the last few years dealing with issues like pricing, quality control, customer service etc., but I can't say a single negative thing about the company. Everytime I have had an issue, their customer service department went above and beyond to try and make me happy. IMO, they are without question one of the best companies out there, especially in regards to their customer service. If you exclude the recent issue Sideshow had with Huntress's cape (the purple dye bled on the white seam and they wound up replacing everyone's cape free of charge), I have received over 25 statues in a row now that arrived in absolute perfect condition. So again, I can't say anything but positive things about Sideshow.  Their prices have definitely gone up, but they have raised the quality of their statues significantly since the prices started rising, especially the overall quality of the designs. I personally consider 2016 Sideshow's best year to date and I would much rather pay the current pricing and get the quality we have ben seeing lately then go back to the roughly $300-$350 price level and the quality we were receiving back then. 

As for your statue, I am not sure exactly what Sideshow can do in a case like this so it will be interesting to see what they wind up doing. My guess would be they wind up giving you a nice coupon that can be used on new statue's or they might offer to try and fix it the best they can if you pay to send it in. IMO, the fact that they are even trying to do something and didn't just tell you tough luck says a lot about their customer service. 

I agree.  Anything they can do is a huge bonus.  But I really appreciate the effort.

41 minutes ago, fmaz said:

I agree.  Anything they can do is a huge bonus.  But I really appreciate the effort.

My hope would be that maybe somewhere in the warehouse they have a returned statue with a broken hulk, where Wolvie is still in good shape, that they'd be willing to sell you cheap, or something to that effect. Maybe a pipe dream, but it doesn't hurt to ask, for sure.

And agreed, I have always had terrific service with Sideshow, particularly using chat with Michelle and Agali.

4 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

I was really referring to the people that purposely buy the regular over the EX and there are actually quite a few of those buyers out there. Just spend some time on StatueForum and you will see your fair share. And VERY rarely do statues sell out fast. Most of Sideshow's statues are up for pre order for at least a month or two before the edition size is even set and most don't wind up selling out for at least another 2 months after that, some even longer. So I just don't see how anyone could miss out on a statue they really wanted due to it selling out, especially since you only need to put down a $50-$60 NRD to lock in your statue. The only statues I can think of where the EX sold out extremely fast was Sideshow's Thanos EX, Sideshow Teenage Mutant Turtle EX's, and the recent green Phoenix variant and that Phoenix variant didn't even have an EX and regular. It just had one edition that was limited to like 350. All of the other statues they have produced over the last 4-5 years were up for order for significant amounts of time before the EX wound up selling out. 

Fair enough. I haven't missed out on any yet (that I know of hm) but I do have a friend who missed out on Thanos, which had a huge pre-sale buy in it would appear. I usually get in on the first day to make the payment plans easier and as many months available as they are offering. 

39 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

Fair enough. I haven't missed out on any yet (that I know of hm) but I do have a friend who missed out on Thanos, which had a huge pre-sale buy in it would appear. I usually get in on the first day to make the payment plans easier and as many months available as they are offering. 

Yeah, there were quite a few people that missed out on the Thanos EX, which is why the price for the EX is selling so high right now on eBay. I suspected Thanos was going to sell out really fast as its just a KILLER piece and it had a great EX (swap out portraits are always my favorite EX's). Personally, I am just like you as I am definitely a day one pre orderer. If I know I am going to buy a statue, it just makes no sense not to order it the second it goes up for sale and thankfully due to that approach, I haven't missed an EX yet that I wanted. All of my Sideshow statues are EX's.