• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I think they would have been better off using the pose from the logo. Some things just don't translate very well from the printed page.

This may be the bottom line. I love Steranko's stuff but maybe it just didn't make the transition like one would hope.

Yeah, all of the one's modeled after a cover that I have, look slightly off, other than the Subby, but I love them all just the same!

Yeah, Namor is dead on but even Alex Ross' Batman and Superman full sized statues based on his covers are a little off and awkward in some way that is really hard to define. The detail is amazing, the poses are classic, but they just look a little funny.

And yeah, if I didn't still like them, I wouldn't have them in the collection!

IMG_2341.jpg

NO FREAKIN' WAY!

When was this released? Who made it?

RokuToys, who mainly does the Usagi stuff in around 2009 put them out, though I missed it and found mine on eBay about a year ago.

Really solid statue with a great paint job. Monkeyman is about 10 inches tall.

Very happy to have one!

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye out for one. I also didn't realize there was much out there from Usagi....

I have the original Captain Marvel displayed with my Modern Nova. I don't buy much Bowen, but these two are my favorites.

IMG_1891_zps1b317752.jpg

Are they the same scale? Beyond the height, looking at the hands and heads, Nova looks considerably larger. Is he that way in the books? I'm not a big "cosmic" fan so I don't know.

You know what? All of you all suck. I mean it. With this thread, you've shown some awesome statues and made me look at eBay just to see if some I was curious about even exist. I currently have 9 that I am watching and even more that I just avoided because of price.

By the way, I'm really looking for a Stan Lee mini bust, Bowen's Classic Action Thor statue, a Sideshow Galactus bust, a Watcher bust, a Super Skrull bust, an Ant-Man bust, a Tomb of Dracula statue (Marvel Milestones or Bowen, both are awesome), a full size original Captain Marvel (the original Marvel Captain Marvel), Ultimate Captain America statue, and probably a ton of others. I can't afford any of them but would be willing to try to work some trades for statues or books...

I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

You know what? All of you all suck. I mean it. With this thread, you've shown some awesome statues and made me look at eBay just to see if some I was curious about even exist. I currently have 9 that I am watching and even more that I just avoided because of price.

By the way, I'm really looking for a Stan Lee mini bust, Bowen's Classic Action Thor statue, a Sideshow Galactus bust, a Watcher bust, a Super Skrull bust, an Ant-Man bust, a Tomb of Dracula statue (Marvel Milestones or Bowen, both are awesome), a full size original Captain Marvel (the original Marvel Captain Marvel), Ultimate Captain America statue, and probably a ton of others. I can't afford any of them but would be willing to try to work some trades for statues or books...

Do yourself a favor and STOP looking at eBay. There are sooooo many cool statues and they are soooooo expensive. I fell for the full size and busts Bowen was putting out years ago. You run out of display room before you ever feel like you have enough of them. I was up too 70 busts and ran out of room and sold most of them off. Kept the full size ones because they were to hard to pack and ship. And new ones come out all the time.

Just walk away. lol

This brings up a good point I was thinking about. Statues can be pretty damn expensive.

Has there been, or are there currently, any really nice quality comic related toys/figures? Basically I'm talking about something that is relatively inexpensive and probably on the smaller side, made of plastic, but still looks highly detailed. I'd imagine probably something without any articulation or anything.

Basically affordable mini-statues.

Does anyone have that massive Sideshow Galactus figure? Would be awesome sat on the corner of my desk, but struggling to justify the £900!

This one?

200165-galactus-003.jpg

I've seen one at the shop. . .

Does anyone have that massive Sideshow Galactus figure? Would be awesome sat on the corner of my desk, but struggling to justify the £900!

This one?

200165-galactus-003.jpg

I've seen one at the shop. . .

I saw that in person at SDCC and it was AWESOME!! the tiny SS makes it. :cloud9:

There was also a Dr Doom around the same size that was to die for as well.