• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,036 posts in this topic

I was wondering if that was the same Gman, he does seem to have a knack for finding statues for people.

Yep, that's the same guy. Do send a PM. He's got lots of product and good deals can be had.

:banana: If they made them, I'd be the first to buy one! lol

BD did make Stan & Jack MB's. You can find them pretty cheap!

I can honestly say I got in on the ground floor of statues. I picked up Bowen's batman and the Wolverine on the Sentry head when they were released. It's been hit and miss since then with a big slow down over the last year or two. I'll try to get some pics up later.

:facepalm:

:foryou:

HA! No prob. I'm just used to the lingo. And FYI:

FS = Full Size statue. ;)

I picked up my first statue in my LCS for $30, it was the Nightcrawler MB. I just loved the way it looked. It was all downhill from there. I've since sold that one and a few others (I still have a bunch I want to part with) but I still love them. I've got a few that got put in the mail today actually!

Is their an ultron statue base of annihilation conquest

No, no conquest statue. Slideshow made this one:

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-classic-ultron-on-throne-sideshow-collectibles-200120/#

Bowen made a FS too. I forget if it was chromed but if not you can get it done. Not a big deal. I'd buy a Conquest one if made tho.

Edited by pmpknface

After a lengthy journey from Germany... my first major statue purchase arrived from Germany. I can see why you guys get addicted. :cloud9:

2j12bf6.jpg

:applause:

King Features Syroco series from the 40s. Trying to upgrade a few of those as well as score some ones I still need from the "Great Americans" series (lower left with Lincoln, Washington, etc.). In the middle are the Pinnochio syroco plaques, and the ones on the lower right front are the Indian Totem Poles that were offered as Quaker Puffed Wheat cereal premiums from the Sgt. Preston radio show.

syrocos_zpsebb118a0.jpg

Hard to see him in the bottom middle there, but that's Capt. Marvel and at the tippy top are a couple of the original boxes that the King Features ones came in.

Those are awesome! I had no idea there were so many out there. I had started trying to collect the Dark Horse syrocos but (and here's a rare complaint in comics) they were released too fast and cost too much. I'm picking and choosing some now.

Very cool! :cool:

Thanks! Most of the KF Syndicate syrocos weren't too difficult or expensive, but they took me the better part of 20 years to amass. I've seen paint variants on ebay and the like for almost all of them. Some sellers (and even the Hakes Price Guide) tried to hike those up as if they were somehow planned that way by the Syroco company, but I'm not convinced that the paint variants (like a brown phantom costume) weren't just the result of some dude at the syroco company running out of purple paint after awhile and just cranking them out with whatever else was sitting around the factory. Might've even been repainted by some kid after initially purchased. Almost no way to actually know.

The Great American Series has been much tougher to complete than the KF series. There are ones that I've seen on ebay that I've missed because I was snoozing when the hammer dropped or because I just forgot to check and then not seen another such figure appear on ebay for more than 10 years. I have some in the KF series that I want to upgrade because of snapped ankles but generally, it's been a buncha fun putting 'em together.

I dont have anywhere near the collection that some people have, but I couldn't pass up the medicom/bandai collab tetsuo, kaneda, and kanedas bike from akira. I've been a huge akira fan since I was about 10 years old, and its partially responsible for getting me into comics in the first place. While these are technically really pimped out action figures and not statues, I figured they'd be okay to share.

ezUjqFc.jpg

Edited by Meta4

I dont have anywhere near the collection that some people have, but I couldn't pass up the medicom/bandai collab tetsuo, kaneda, and kanedas bike from akira. I've been a huge akira fan since I was about 10 years old, and its partially responsible for getting me into comics in the first place. While these are technically really pimped out action figures and not statues, I figured they'd be okay to share.

ezUjqFc.jpg

Those are great! :applause: