• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2014 --It's still Never to Early, Oct 9-12

734 posts in this topic

Was able to get two 4 day passes which is surprising because i usually don't have any luck with "queuing" up for tickets to anything.

I'm shocked how quickly they sold out, is this show going to surpass SDCC this year in attendance/demand?

If that happened, it would not surprise me one bit. Last years show was GREAT! Easy access to artists/writers and the convention floor was well organized. But the best thing was that it was a Comic Con with actual Comics! (been a while since I've seen that at SDCC) :ohnoez:

Oct is my birthday month, I wanted tickets as a gift to myself. I got stuck in the queue at 12noon. At 12:06 the queue routed me to the purchase page and all VIP tickets were sold out. I refreshed, waited in the queue 2 minutes and saw that I could purchase a VIP, I clicked 1, as hit the purchase button I got an error message that my request couldn't be processed as the tickets were sold out. I refreshed again, 4-day tickets were gone.

I was really disappointed to see eBay listings show up within minutes of the tickets selling out.

Oct is my birthday month, I wanted tickets as a gift to myself. I got stuck in the queue at 12noon. At 12:06 the queue routed me to the purchase page and all VIP tickets were sold out. I refreshed, waited in the queue 2 minutes and saw that I could purchase a VIP, I clicked 1, as hit the purchase button I got an error message that my request couldn't be processed as the tickets were sold out. I refreshed again, 4-day tickets were gone.

I was really disappointed to see eBay listings show up within minutes of the tickets selling out.

This.

I would not be surprised to see them reformat the purchase system similar to SDCC's with an ID number and password to match purchased tickets with buyers.

NYCC can't be too happy to see all these ebay listings.

yes i agree. But i think the main issue here was the late sale of the tickets. Remember last year they went on sale in march. That gave people months to wait for the rest of the tickets go on sale. The other issue is that these are non transferable, so that could raise question there too. If you look last year, there were a lot of 4-day passes sold on ebay as well as 3 and single day passes. I believe only 3 or 4 vips were listed yesterday so i think people just put the max in the cart and hoped it would pay for their entire trip to NYCC. I still think that when you take into consideration how many vips were sold there aren't that many out there for sale. I do believe everything is in good shape minus a few bad apples. JMO though.

Does anyone know when they start posting the guest list? I haven't seen anything yet.

I do know a few artists that have been approved for the Artist Alley and they had until early July to submit payment. I could see them holding off on any AA list announcements until that paperwork deadline is up and the majority of artists are confirmed.

As far as big names / headliners - I am surprised nothing is up yet.

I got my 4-day pass thanks to my wife.

I went on a pc at a business I was working at , at 12:00 and the link sent me to a queue page. I called my wife at home and had her try to get tickets incase my lunch (1/2hr) was over and I was still in the queue. She got right in and filled out all the questions they were asking and made the purchase, got the confirmation, and a confirmation email, all while the pc I was on, was still on the queue page.

This will be my first international comic convention and I can't wait! :whee:

I got my 4-day pass in about 6 minutes. I'm coming all the way from Australia and then road tripping the rest of America. I unfortunately have to pickup my tickets on the day as they don't post internationally :( Tried VIP like everyone else but they were gone. Still have to book flights and accommodation hm

I got my 4-day pass in about 6 minutes. I'm coming all the way from Australia and then road tripping the rest of America. I unfortunately have to pickup my tickets on the day as they don't post internationally :( Tried VIP like everyone else but they were gone. Still have to book flights and accommodation hm

Try airbnb for accommodations. I got a room in an apartment for $130 a night. A hotel room will run $350 a night in Manhattan. I rather stay in Manhattan, than commute in from NJ or one of the boroughs. Just check the references carefully. Hopefully you will not be driving in Manhattan.

Try airbnb for accommodations. I got a room in an apartment for $130 a night. A hotel room will run $350 a night in Manhattan. I rather stay in Manhattan, than commute in from NJ or one of the boroughs. Just check the references carefully. Hopefully you will not be driving in Manhattan.

Have a recommendation for a certain bnb? Going to be at the dinner again?

The places that I stayed at through airbnb are already reserved. I made my reservation and payment in February.

Hopefully, since my schedule is flexible, we can dine together again. Are you driving into New York again?

The places that I stayed at through airbnb are already reserved. I made my reservation and payment in February.

Hopefully, since my schedule is flexible, we can dine together again. Are you driving into New York again?

Wow that is crazy early. Just booked hotel other night.

Think we are going to fly, save the 13+ hrs on the road and hopefully spend some time touring the city instead.

Yeh airbnb is definitely the way to go! no driving for us till San Fran, it'll be all public transport Thanks for the advice.

Yeh airbnb is definitely the way to go! no driving for us till San Fran, it'll be all public transport Thanks for the advice.

You can get a weekly transit pass to wander around New York. A short transit ride, plus $5 Airtrain ticket will get you to JFK airport.

I was born in San Francisco, which is a great walking town and pretty small, 49 square miles. Public transit is decent, but slow. Parking in the San Francisco busy areas can be challenging and expensive for out-of-towners. Since the transit workers are not allowed by law to go on strike, they called in sick. Transit system in San Francisco is not integrated together, like New York, London, or Paris.