• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Afterlife with Archie - Monthly Series
3 3

730 posts in this topic

Im not following. And again, I'm not trying to be a :censored:

What are good kids shows, or next level that you are talking about.

I haven't watched a kids show in a long time. But by the time I was the age they're targeting with the new Archie series I was a follower of the Coen Brothers, Ridley Scott, Martin Scorsese, Quentin Tarantino, and Robert Rodriguez. I'm not saying kids need Emmy winning stuff. Just saying Emmy winning stuff isn't wasted on kids either. It's not too sophisticated for them. Also, stuff kids watch doesn't have to be "kids stuff." The target demographic for Star Wars was children. In a wise move they made the movie something everyone would like to see instead of some patronizing that only a toddler would tolerate. I believe this is a primetime network show. The smart move wouldn't be to say "Okay, our target demographic is 15-18 year olds. Let's make absolutely everyone else hate this show!"

Understood, I hope you are wrong - saying that in the best way possible.

I would love a Archie meets twin peaks like some said the vibe was.

I loved twin peaks. But unless they get Lynch to direct it I don't see it happening.

The trailer certainly made it look like they were taking the now-cliched "dark" turn on the material. I hope they stick with the comedy that's powered Archie through 75 years. But they won't.

Edited by stroszek

Understood, I hope you are wrong - saying that in the best way possible.

I would love a Archie meets twin peaks like some said the vibe was.

I loved twin peaks. But unless they get Lynch to direct it I don't see it happening.

Thankfully Afterlife's writer had heavy input. Leading to Afterlife delays, but if it makes the show better, I'm good.

As for the humor that powered Archie for 75 years... we'll have it forever in the GA/SA books. But same thing wasn't cutting it for current/future generations.

Good news from last month... diggin' the pace.

Check out @AfterlifeArchie's Tweet:

Also, Francavilla FTW on Vulture's 10 Best Covers for 2016.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/12/best-comic-book-covers-of-2016.html

CzvRmMCUcAEmTS6.jpg

10. Afterlife With Archie No. 10, by Francesco Francavilla (Archie)

Afterlife with Archie began as a cover, so it’s only appropriate that its covers are regularly among the best in the business. When beloved Italian artist Francesco Francavilla was tasked with drawing a cover for a limited-edition variant of an issue of Life With Archie, he goofily chose to depict a zombie scene and titled it “Afterlife With Archie.” The company opted to turn that silly idea into a deathly serious series about a zombie apocalypse in Riverdale, and one of Francavilla’s best covers arrived this year. In bold silhouette, it depicts Josie and the Pussycats front lady Josie, staring ahead at something — a zombie? prey? the reader? — with blank, sinister eyes. It’s simultaneously pure horror and pure rock and roll. Notice the subtle touch of sprinkling dots of paint throughout the image, suggesting the mystery of an aged photograph or the panic of wanton bloodletting. It’s too bad the Pussycats aren’t real, because this’d be a killer concert poster.

It's gotta be the Betty #1 variant.

Edit: that Francavilla #10 is killer though!

That one is a near-daily seller on ebay :applause: overall hundreds of Afterlife listings hit in the last few months, social media continues to be active about the series (e.g. Twitter). Love that it draws in a lot of non-traditional collectors, to boot... quality over quantity, baby !

ALWArchie1Pepvar.jpg

My 11 year old is looking forward to the Archie series. His mother bought him some huge TPB..the first 75 years of archie..at NYCC and he has been reading it religiously (he read archie before that).

OK, maybe it's odd, I don't know. He loves his Deadpool too. I cannot say that any of his friends like Archie though, unlike Deadpool.