• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

On 2017-10-20 at 3:40 PM, jason4 said:

As a big xmen fan I definitely consider these books top 5 most important/coolest to own.

Xmen 1, hulk 181, giant size 1, xmen 94 and xmen 12. 

Thoughts ? 

I would probably go (in terms of importance to the XMen):

X-Men 1 (1963)

GSXM 1

Hulk 181

X-Men 4 (1963)

X-Men 94

X-Men 14 (1963)

X-Men 101

X-Men 12 (1963)

I think XMen 14 is massively underrrated but I could see the argument for reshuffling XMen 14, 12, and 101  

23 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

I would probably go (in terms of importance to the XMen):

X-Men 1 (1963)

GSXM 1

Hulk 181

X-Men 4 (1963)

X-Men 94

X-Men 14 (1963)

X-Men 101

X-Men 12 (1963)

I think XMen 14 is massively underrrated but I could see the argument for reshuffling XMen 14, 12, and 101  

I like this list but you think scarlet witch and quicksilver have been bigger than juggernaut and sentinels?  I agree xmen 14 is underrated, that' why I recently picked one up :)

2 hours ago, jason4 said:

I like this list but you think scarlet witch and quicksilver have been bigger than juggernaut and sentinels?  I agree xmen 14 is underrated, that' why I recently picked one up :)

I think heroes are always more important than villains (with the exception of major villains like Magneto, Dr. Doom, and maybe Thanos) - Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are bigger players in the Marvel Universe than the Juggernaut and Sentinels (although arguably smaller impact on X-Men) but it is also the 2nd Magneto and the 1st Brotherhood - which I think sets up the whole Magneto's view of Mutants and how they will oppose the X-Men throughout the series (plus it is 1st Toad! :) ).  Overall I think X-Men 4 nudges 12, 14 and 94 - but could see arguments as to why it shouldn't.

On 11/8/2017 at 8:52 PM, oakman29 said:

X Men 94 is much higher on that list in my opinion. 

The highest I can see it going is from my #5 to #4 - so still behind X-Men 1, GSXM1 and Hulk 181.  I think it is hard to argue X-Men 94 is more important than any of those three books ...... but happy to be convinced otherwise.

I need to get back in this club after selling my GSXM1 CGC 8.5 ...... I am thinking matching CGC 7.0's, now just to track them down in Canada :)

GSX1 and X94 are currently my near-term "grail-level" purchases. I only want to buy these once for the personal collection, and have been keeping an eye out for these on EBay and other places. I'm a "bang-for-your-buck" guy, and while most of my "PC" books are 9.6, they're primarily copper / modern, and so I find 9.6 a good "value", not having to pay up the 2x+ price for 9.8.

For these books though, I've decided I'm going to go for 9.2 - think that's a nice sweet spot, before prices start getting really exponential (9.2 -> 9.4 -> 9.6 -> 9.8), but I like that it's still technically NM. Given I want to buy just once, really trying to find one with White Pages and a good wrap. Loved reading through this thread!

I'm definitely a value collector too, but I set my sights even lower with my 8.5.  I do think it looks great now that I completed my trifecta, and I'm just not interested in spending enough money on a better looking X-Men #1.  I've got a pretty ragged raw 95, but I can't work up the excitement to spend a decent amount on #94 when Wolverine is the only one excluded from the cover (aside from his head in the corner.)  I'm sure I'll pick one up eventually for completion's sake.

2017-12-05-comic.frame2.jpg

15 hours ago, davebo357 said:

I'm definitely a value collector too, but I set my sights even lower with my 8.5.  I do think it looks great now that I completed my trifecta, and I'm just not interested in spending enough money on a better looking X-Men #1.  I've got a pretty ragged raw 95, but I can't work up the excitement to spend a decent amount on #94 when Wolverine is the only one excluded from the cover (aside from his head in the corner.)  I'm sure I'll pick one up eventually for completion's sake.

2017-12-05-comic.frame2.jpg

That's a sweet collection, and nice triple-frame! X-Men 1 for me, someday...

ComicConnect on 12/8/17 had a GSX1 9.8 CGC  sale for a strong price for $8200.  Anyone else have any GSX1 9.6/9.8 CGC or CGC SS or X94 9.6/9.8 CGC or CGC SS or higher recent sales not listed on GPA?  I'm tying track books I have and want to purchase.  I wish all the auction houses listed on GPA, would be easier.