• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2017 at 12:46 PM, Chillax23 said:

I would probably go (in terms of importance to the XMen):

X-Men 1 (1963)

GSXM 1

Hulk 181

X-Men 4 (1963)

X-Men 94

X-Men 14 (1963)

X-Men 101

X-Men 12 (1963)

I think XMen 14 is massively underrrated but I could see the argument for reshuffling XMen 14, 12, and 101  

Your forgetting x-men #7 first Cerebro.

On 12/6/2017 at 10:46 PM, davebo357 said:

I'm definitely a value collector too, but I set my sights even lower with my 8.5.  I do think it looks great now that I completed my trifecta, and I'm just not interested in spending enough money on a better looking X-Men #1.  I've got a pretty ragged raw 95, but I can't work up the excitement to spend a decent amount on #94 when Wolverine is the only one excluded from the cover (aside from his head in the corner.)  I'm sure I'll pick one up eventually for completion's sake.

2017-12-05-comic.frame2.jpg

This is both beautiful and scary. I couldn't sleep at night working about the picture frame hook on the wall or the anchor bolt, etc...you get the picture (pun intended).

On 2017-12-30 at 7:00 PM, Mr bla bla said:

Your forgetting x-men #7 first Cerebro.

On 2017-12-31 at 5:57 AM, Mr bla bla said:

And x-men #10 first Savage land / Kazar cross over.

Both good books but I don't think they rank ahead of any of the books previously mentioned.

In fact, I would think both are likely behind X-Men 120/121 and 129.  But I do really like #10 ?

4 hours ago, Grib said:

This is both beautiful and scary. I couldn't sleep at night working about the picture frame hook on the wall or the anchor bolt, etc...you get the picture (pun intended).

I was actually surprised when I first looked at the back of that frame.  The way it mounts is you have to screw three screws into the wall (I did use anchors for all three) and there's a hole for the head of the screw to slide in the top center, then a track for the whole frame to slide to the side.  When you put the top in and slide all the way over, then you push the two in the bottom in, and slide it halfway back, so there's really no way to get it off that isn't very intentional.  Of course there's no glass or anything in front of the CGC case itself, so I'm taking the risk that someone doesn't chuck a paperweight across the room into it, but I actually didn't know what graded comics were until I started looking for comic book frames when we moved into this house.  So if I owe this new hobby of mine to that frame, I may as well give it my best three.

9 hours ago, Chillax23 said:

Both good books but I don't think they rank ahead of any of the books previously mentioned.

In fact, I would think both are likely behind X-Men 120/121 and 129.  But I do really like #10 ?

With Alpha Flight most likely going to end up in the Disney Marvel movie universe I would expect huge price bumps on them.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

19 hours ago, davebo357 said:

I was actually surprised when I first looked at the back of that frame.  The way it mounts is you have to screw three screws into the wall (I did use anchors for all three) and there's a hole for the head of the screw to slide in the top center, then a track for the whole frame to slide to the side.  When you put the top in and slide all the way over, then you push the two in the bottom in, and slide it halfway back, so there's really no way to get it off that isn't very intentional.  Of course there's no glass or anything in front of the CGC case itself, so I'm taking the risk that someone doesn't chuck a paperweight across the room into it, but I actually didn't know what graded comics were until I started looking for comic book frames when we moved into this house.  So if I owe this new hobby of mine to that frame, I may as well give it my best three.

Very cool, and it does let you see the great covers every day.

@Architecht  pm sent to you, this spoiler recaps since it happened on this thread and not others

Spoiler

I looked for the "announcement thread" to talk to you in Comics General, but couldn't create a thread nor found one that fits my needs, pm me if you need more info or to take it out of this thread....but I mention it here because this thread did it to me...

I click the circle to go to the next unread post in this thread and it didn't work..... just took me to the first page.

It has been that way in my pm's for quite some time, especially on my phone, speaking of which---on my phone the load time is wonky and it tries to put the ads on the page in the middle of the threads....I'll pm you too this info, but wanted to give you a specific thread now that it is also happening on my laptop and not just my phone....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

12 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I finally got a 94 to match my GSX! Big thanks to Comics Toons N Toys in Tustin! Great pick up from Wondercon 

B7FA0301-6A09-4105-ADB0-16576658B399.jpeg

Sweet looking Books!! Congratulations! :headbang: