• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

On 12/6/2017 at 10:46 PM, davebo357 said:

I'm definitely a value collector too, but I set my sights even lower with my 8.5.  I do think it looks great now that I completed my trifecta, and I'm just not interested in spending enough money on a better looking X-Men #1.  I've got a pretty ragged raw 95, but I can't work up the excitement to spend a decent amount on #94 when Wolverine is the only one excluded from the cover (aside from his head in the corner.)  I'm sure I'll pick one up eventually for completion's sake.

2017-12-05-comic.frame2.jpg

Quoting myself from back in December because while I didn't spend too decent an amount, I did want to at least be able to say I have a 94, so consider my GSXM1/XM94 club dues paid.

2018-04-03-xmen94.jpg

3 hours ago, davebo357 said:

Quoting myself from back in December because while I didn't spend too decent an amount, I did want to at least be able to say I have a 94, so consider my GSXM1/XM94 club dues paid.

2018-04-03-xmen94.jpg

Mighty impressive!  :headbang:

4 hours ago, davebo357 said:

2018-04-03-xmen94.jpg

Looks like you'v been busy, that whole row looks sweet :)

Congrats on the book!

12 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I just started my X-men 94-143 registry set.

I bought this @Wondercon con a couple weeks ago.

This is the best and brightest CGC 9.6 I have ever seen!  The colors are off the charts!

Giant Size X-men #1.jpg

My my...now that is gorgeous.  That’s about as nice as it gets right there!  Congrats:golfclap:

12 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I just started my X-men 94-143 registry set.

I bought this @Wondercon con a couple weeks ago.

This is the best and brightest CGC 9.6 I have ever seen!  The colors are off the charts!

Giant Size X-men #1.jpg

Wow, what a sweet book! I dreamed about a 9.6 WP in this, but after looking at prices, had to "settle" for a 9.2 WP. Prices really start going exponential from 9.2 -> 9.4 -> 9.6 -> 9.8, but boy that's a keeper!

I feel like when we're just shooting covers in the 9.4-9.8 range, how great it looks really comes down to the camera/scanner being used.  Out of curiosity, do you all find when scanning CGC comics on a flatbed scanner that the distance between the glass and the actual comic degrades the image a bit?  I feel like raw comics scan a fair amount better than something in a case.