• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

There's a facsimile edition of this book coming out in July: https://www.igcomicstore.com/collections/pre-sales/products/giant-sized-x-men-issue-1-facsimile-edition

Based on previous experience (Hulk #181 facsimile for example), how do you think this is going to affect the market value for the real book?  FYI there are other facsimile editions coming out around that time: New Mutants #98: https://www.igcomicstore.com/collections/pre-sales/products/new-mutants-issue-98-facsimile-edition and X-Men #1: https://www.igcomicstore.com/collections/pre-sales/products/x-men-issue-1-facsimile-edition

No impact on prices of the originals, but we were getting $10 for FF 1 and Hulk 181 facsimile editions at the Calgary Expo last week. The True Believers Hulk 181/ASM 300/AF 15 have been solid $5-$8 sellers since they came out.

Edited by kimik

On 5/2/2019 at 6:27 AM, jason4 said:

Back when the interior story and art was on par with the cover. Love this book. Krakoa looks menacing.

Yes! The second pic was just sort of a random pull, but I specifically sought out the Krakoa page for the first pic, love it!

I don't imagine when they tried to revitalize a title that had just been printing reruns by throwing some new characters at it that they knew it'd be such an important issues 45 years later.  Probably would have been good to introduce a new villain too.  I just wish Wolverine had made it onto the cover.

28 minutes ago, davebo357 said:

I don't imagine when they tried to revitalize a title that had just been printing reruns by throwing some new characters at it that they knew it'd be such an important issues 45 years later.  Probably would have been good to introduce a new villain too.  I just wish Wolverine had made it onto the cover.

I never noticed that. :whatthe:

16 hours ago, Getoutandstayout said:

I've seen some 9.6 and even 9.8 GS X-Men #1s posted here. Has there ever been a copy graded at a 10.0? If so, I wonder what one would sell for at that grade.

There are none but if there was it'll likely be a 9.9 not 10. I'm not even sure there are any bronze age 10s in existence? I'd Imagine it would be only slightly lower than the IH 181 9.9 market value today. I'd guess somewhere between 100k - 200k but hey that's just a wild guess. Couldn't even wrap my head around what a 10 would be on the market???

Here is my delivery from cgc today! The GSXM has a crack in the case on the left but it cannot be felt on the outside. Seems to be par for the course lately.

D6s8x0XXYAAIqq7.jpg

Edited by Bird
I have one of my X-Men 94 at cgc now as well.

6 hours ago, Bird said:

Here is my delivery from cgc today! The GSXM has a crack in the case on the left but it cannot be felt on the outside. Seems to be par for the course lately.

D6s8x0XXYAAIqq7.jpg

Wow very nice!  Today was a good day.  :applause:

-J.