• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2019 at 12:34 AM, carefulsum said:

Seems a lotta love for GSX1 so I'm going to give some love for X-men94 it's starting to feel left out...

x-men 94.jpg

Smart move.  No question Xmen 94 will start bumping next after everyone finishes buying up all the GSX1... Hulk 181, GSX1, and Xmen 94 were the top 3 bronze comics.   After adding a nice GSX1 to your collection, X-men 94 will be the  next logical companion...  Just waiting for the spike...  First Chris Claremont x-men story too. 

Edited by Wolverinex

On 6/7/2019 at 4:09 PM, Wolverinex said:

Smart move.  No question Xmen 94 will start bumping next after everyone finishes buying up all the GSX1... Hulk 181, GSX1, and Xmen 94 were the top 3 bronze comics.   After adding a nice GSX1 to your collection, X-men 94 will be the  next logical companion...  Just waiting for the spike...  First Chris Claremont x-men story too. 

I just noticed it's the first Claremont story. That's huge imo. Book is undervalued because of that. He basically morphed the xmen into who they are now known as. Phoenix saga is one of if not the best xmen storyline ever. 

Edited by jason4

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

I just noticed it's the first Claremont story. That's huge imo. Book is undervalued because of that. He basically morphed the xmen into who they are now known as. Phoenix saga is one of if not the best xmen storyline ever. 

Exactly, X94 will start bumping after the GSX1 craze fills up.... I feel like GSX1 prices are starting to saturate, and X94 looks very undervalued at this time compared to them...

On 6/13/2019 at 4:28 PM, Wolverinex said:
On 6/13/2019 at 3:03 PM, jason4 said:

Exactly, X94 will start bumping after the GSX1 craze fills up.... I feel like GSX1 prices are starting to saturate, and X94 looks very undervalued at this time compared to them...

It weirdly hasn't budged very much in any grades. I don't know why considering several subsequent issues have moved more than 94. Issue #'s 96 & 104 come to mind in 9.8 at least. I agree its undervalued especially for all grades under 9.8. There's a huge value chasm between 9.8 & 9.6. Seems like you can find a 9.8 or two at any given time but good luck spotting a 9.6 blue label anywhere. Oh and all those Stan Lee signed 94s...:facepalm:

Edited by MGsimba77

6 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

It weirdly hasn't budged very much in any grades. I don't know why considering several subsequent issues have moved more than 94. Issue #'s 96 & 104 come to mind in 9.8 at least. I agree its undervalued especially for all grades under 9.8. There's a huge value chasm between 9.8 & 9.6. Seems like you can find a 9.8 or two at any given time but good luck spotting a 9.6 anywhere

I know.  It's totally  undervalued.  Give it time.  It will be the next hot thing.

Top 3 bronze books have always been Hulk 181, GSX1 and X94   .  The other two have shot off... this will too. 

Edited by Wolverinex

20 minutes ago, Silver_Couch_Surfer said:

Definitely is. I always think, "man this cover looks so faded!"

Interesting there seems to be a discrepancy in the shade of green from copy to copy. Particularly in the upper part of the cover around the marvel banner and count Nefaria. It looks like some are almost black where others are green. Anyone ever noticed that? 

17 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Interesting there seems to be a discrepancy in the shade of green from copy to copy. Particularly in the upper part of the cover around the marvel banner and count Nefaria. It looks like some are almost black where others are green. Anyone ever noticed that? 

Yes.  I always buy the most Green copy I find .