• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Interesting that the 9.8 X-men 94 is still worth more than a 9.8 GSX1.  

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/hottest

I am not surprised. A CGC 9.8 copy of #94 is going to be much harder to find than a CGC 9.8 GSX #1 due to the dark cover. In lower grades it is the opposite where 9.6 and under copies of GSX 1 sell for multiples of the same grade of X-Men #94 in grade.

That being said, the gap is narrowing . In 2017,a CGC 9.8 X-Men #94 was worth around double the cost of a CGC 9.8 GSX #1. now there is only a 40%ish difference.

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:
9 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

What is that? Price guide? I wonder if they reached the 1000 mark in those two years 

September 1995 wizard

to be honest, that's what turned me off of wizard back in the day...

saying stuff like, "Fantastic Four #1 moved up to $13,750!", I mean of course this is probably for a NM copy, but it put in my mind that these wanted issues by me were so out of reach as a teen....

SO I didn't even try, if they had added something like a VG- copy would still be a 1k or 1.5k I might have shot for it :makepoint: of course NM IH 181's and GSXM #1's being around $300 weren't too bad, but lol I didn't pick any of those up either..... :( 

17 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Congratulations man! White pages are a little elusive with this one. Did you have this from way back and just decided to submit? Any NRs?

I got it in a collection that I got about three years ago no newton rings

Edited by Bird

Good luck with the grading. What are you hoping for? :wishluck:

I will be down to just two copies of GSX #1 and no copies of X-Men #94 left after the current Clink August auction. :sorry:

Edited by kimik