• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Well I think maybe 101 would be a little higher than 129 on the scale of importance but it's just a matter of opinion 2c...even though Jean as Phoenix is literally just in one or two panels before being rendered unconscious in 101...Go figure?

Anyway assuming they're yours you got a winning trio there!!!

They are, thanks! The reason I put 129 ahead is two major firsts, and the hellfire club groundwork, and I think kitty has been more of a major character over the last 40 years than Phoenix, who pops up from time to time. Not to take away from the original dark Phoenix storyline though,  which coincidentally also starts in 129

Edited by shiverbones

I can only speak for myself, but despite my eternal complaint that Wolverine isn't on the cover, I did pick up a second 7.0 in early December.  Having matching ones means I don't have to stress over which one to sell if I ever decide to.  I think that's the only CGC graded one I have two matching grades of.

2 hours ago, B2D327 said:

Half way the-ere...Oh, oh, half way there 

still looking for a decent raw GSX1 ...the hunt continues

06294294-0F19-4AEF-9D28-A3D057A707CB.jpeg

Curious, why not find a decent slabbed copy and free it? The prices between decent potential raw and slabbed guaranteed aren’t that far off. 

42 minutes ago, shiverbones said:

Curious, why not find a decent slabbed copy and free it? The prices between decent potential raw and slabbed guaranteed aren’t that far off. 

From what I’ve seen, raw 5.0-7ish can be had for less than slabbed 3.5s. My timing has been off but I do have patience. I’m willing to spend a good chunk but it has to be the right copy for me. I can live with flaws that my peculiar tastes find “acceptable”.

+1 to you also. (thumbsu
That’s the first time I’ve ever had the opportunity to use the word “peculiar” in a sentence. I always knew reading funny-books would help my vocabulary

20 hours ago, B2D327 said:

That’s the first time I’ve ever had the opportunity to use the word “peculiar” in a sentence. I always knew reading funny-books would help my vocabulary

Thankfully, despite years of reading Claremont's X-Men run, I've never once felt the urge to type "kayo" instead of K.O.  Nor have I ever seen anyone else do that.  Never understood that one.

On 1/17/2020 at 6:51 PM, davebo357 said:

Thankfully, despite years of reading Claremont's X-Men run, I've never once felt the urge to type "kayo" instead of K.O.  Nor have I ever seen anyone else do that.  Never understood that one.

Kind of like the saying the ER classification "GSW", when it's easier to say, "Gun shot wound."

On 1/11/2020 at 11:47 PM, davebo357 said:

I can only speak for myself, but despite my eternal complaint that Wolverine isn't on the cover, I did pick up a second 7.0 in early December.  Having matching ones means I don't have to stress over which one to sell if I ever decide to.  I think that's the only CGC graded one I have two matching grades of.

Agreed. I hate that Wolverine isn't on the cover BUT X94 is such a better cover then GSX1.  

I was a part of the 94 club briefly, back in the fall for about a week.  A friend and I bought a collection and I was the designated seller.  Damp-ish basement loosely boxed original owner 80s and 90s stuff.  Part of it was a sporadic run of the Byrne X Men, including a vg ish 94. Lasted on the bay for about 10 minutes.  Neither one of us are X guys.