• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2021 at 8:05 AM, bluehorseshoe said:

Based mainly on this book, X1, Hulk 181, and a few others.  The GPA of my collection (not all of it is on there) has officially tripled in value.  These prices are nuts. 

Just had to use the go back machine to see what x-men prices have done over the last decade or so.  

An x-men 129 just sold for over $9000.  It was a nice one and a newstand copy which drove the price, I think.

Those were not great deals in 2008.  They were good normal deals.  Today, they would be unbelievable deals.

3 hours ago, canickus said:

Just had to use the go back machine to see what x-men prices have done over the last decade or so.  

An x-men 129 just sold for over $9000.  It was a nice one and a newstand copy which drove the price, I think.

Those were not great deals in 2008.  They were good normal deals.  Today, they would be unbelievable deals.

I was very confused about that 129 result. Was it signed or Mark Jewelers or something? I tried looking it up again but can't find it. 

On 10/13/2013 at 12:14 PM, Kevin.J said:

I would join that Dave :insane:

I have upgraded my hoard with another GS #1 since this photo but cant find it without some major sorting :cry:

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q573/kevt99/Duplicates/Xmen94a.jpg

Gracious that’s a lot of 94’s! Conrats!

Edit: apologies for quoting an old post, I was casually browsing and wasn’t paying attention, didn’t realize I had not clicked the arrow link to go to the last page. 🙄

Edited by BrooksR

13 hours ago, canickus said:

t appears that GS X-Men 1 is not a $20,000 book anymore...

image.png.8bccab65ff7df36aae2501af5e932b7d.png

And yet at the same time, if you read the first line of the auction listing description above, it would appear that it is also no longer a $67,900 book where it was just a couple of short weeks ago.  :gossip: 

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

And yet at the same time, if you read the first line of the auction listing description above, it would appear that it is also no longer a $67,900 book where it was just a couple of short weeks ago.  :gossip: 

Comicconnect is hit 'n miss. That website is not the best and definitely not mobile friendly. The old one was better. 

Edited by MGsimba77

45 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Comicconnect is hit 'n miss. That website is not the best and definitely not mobile friendly. The old one was better. 

Well, definitely a hit for the consignor when CC was able to get $88K for the CGC 9.6 graded copy of TMNT 1 when HA was able to get only $66K for their CGC 9.6 graded copy about 2 short weeks ago.  :whee:  :banana:

Or is 2 weeks considered to be more than a lifetime in this seemingly crypto like FOMO marketplace of ours when it comes to these readily available books and that $88K was actually a steal for the buyer and a miss by the seller.  (:

And to think, that's NOT even for a CGC 9.8 graded copy of the book.  hm

:takeit:  :takeit: ,  the money, that is!!!  :bigsmile:

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, definitely a hit for the consignor when CC was able to get $88K for the CGC 9.6 graded copy of TMNT 1 when HA was able to get only $66K for their CGC 9.6 graded copy about 2 short weeks ago.  :whee:  :banana:

Or is 2 weeks considered to be more than a lifetime in this seemingly crypto like FOMO marketplace of ours when it comes to these readily available books and that $88K was actually a steal for the buyer and a miss by the seller.  (:

And to think, that's NOT even for a CGC 9.8 graded copy of the book.  hm

:takeit:  :takeit: ,  the money, that is!!!  :bigsmile:

Well yeah that 88k was an ace that's for sure if that's what happened. I'm sure the consignor will gladly take the money from the GXM but at the same time I bet they were hoping for a little better than 60k. The same applies to the 45k IH181 9.8 recently. 

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

True that! It is like a lot of hot books right now in that it is hard to gauge the value and where prices will settle out.  Many of these will show a grow, plateau, grow, plateau cycle.  I am guessing that the book is $55,000 to $75,000 range right now - but that is just a guess.

3 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

Well yeah that 88k was an ace that's for sure if that's what happened. I'm sure the consignor will gladly take the money from the GXM but at the same time I bet they were hoping for a little better than 60k. The same applies to the 45k IH181 9.8 recently. 

I think you are right.  Since this was around a $20k book at the beginning of the year, I am certain that the consignor is happy.

Edited by canickus