• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
13 13

1,213 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Yikes, definitely hold on to it for a few months. We are just getting started.

In fact, I just sent this 7.5 with a BIN for $1375 to my buddy.  It was just listed this past hour and sold even before he got a chance to look at it.  

Looks like it sold in 15 mins on ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-94-CGC-7-5-OW-W-New-X-Men-Team-begins-Great-Investment-w-GSX1-Going-Nuts/154372854101?epid=85482721&hash=item23f156d155:g:zfQAAOSwRRpgT3hX

I love the listing title :bigsmile:

2 hours ago, BrooksR said:

For those that argue that 94 has NOT been undervalued relative to GS1...

On ebay GS1 7.0 (I use that grade because that’s what I have) is going between 3k and 4k. Go collect has 94 7.0 at $700. I agree that GS1 should be worth more than 94, 2x as much, even 3x, but 5x?? They used to be close to equal, 1/5 the value of GS1 seems reasonably undervalued to me 🤷‍♂️

Yeah its been undervalued this whole time except for 9.8. There have been a number of posts on this thread pointing out the fact that 94 was a total flatline while GS1 was exploding. I myself posted several times wondering why it wasn't budging while even the subsequent issues up to #100 were seeing some increase. 

I'll just point out specifically #100 was moving faster while 94 was chugging along there for a while. 

1 hour ago, drotto said:

I bought my 7.5 as a raw 4 years ago for $195. Seeing it hit $1400 range is bonkers.  I can go on my GPA my collection page and see the value rise every day.

Time to take a profit an put it in your 401k ?

8 hours ago, BrooksR said:

For those that argue that 94 has NOT been undervalued relative to GS1...

On ebay GS1 7.0 (I use that grade because that’s what I have) is going between 3k and 4k. Go collect has 94 7.0 at $700. I agree that GS1 should be worth more than 94, 2x as much, even 3x, but 5x?? They used to be close to equal, 1/5 the value of GS1 seems reasonably undervalued to me 🤷‍♂️

Undervalued?  I haven't been tracking GS1 or 94 but right now if this listing is about right on ebay, then 94 is hardly undervalued?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=xmen+94+9.6&_sacat=0

2 hours ago, Mjolnir! said:

Undervalued?  I haven't been tracking GS1 or 94 but right now if this listing is about right on ebay, then 94 is hardly undervalued?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313&_nkw=xmen+94+9.6&_sacat=0

Not anymore, that’s what we’ve been talking about lately, the sold prices have seemed to almost double in the last few weeks. Look at the sold prices back in January.

Some people were saying that it makes sense that it’s rising in step with the other big keys (particularly GS1) and that it has been undervalued for a while. Some other posts argued that 94 was not undervalued at that lower price, I was addressing that notion. 

I don’t think that one you linked to will sell for 19k, but who knows nowadays. Go collect still has it at 7k. That’s how quickly prices have risen. 😳

14 hours ago, BrooksR said:

Not anymore, that’s what we’ve been talking about lately, the sold prices have seemed to almost double in the last few weeks. Look at the sold prices back in January.

Some people were saying that it makes sense that it’s rising in step with the other big keys (particularly GS1) and that it has been undervalued for a while. Some other posts argued that 94 was not undervalued at that lower price, I was addressing that notion. 

I don’t think that one you linked to will sell for 19k, but who knows nowadays. Go collect still has it at 7k. That’s how quickly prices have risen. 😳

Okay I'm going to be lazy here and not backtrack in this thread and ask you, what do you believe?  Is it undervalued or not?

1 hour ago, Mjolnir! said:

Okay I'm going to be lazy here and not backtrack in this thread and ask you, what do you believe?  Is it undervalued or not?

Well I’m not really the right person to ask, I’m not as knowledgeable as you guys. I felt like it was undervalued, at least at last month’s prices. A midgrade 94 was worth about 1/5 of GSX1 in the same grade. When I was a kid in the 80’s 94 was actually worth more, but those were much different times 🤷‍♂️

With 5 hours to go it was at $45k and I thought that was already insane.  THEN it goes up ANOTHER $20k???  The last 9.8 on the GPA only sold for $22500 on Jan 8th.  Do these prices have any chance of sticking?  There are at least 200 CGC graded 9.8s.  Are there 200 people willing to drop $70k on this book?