• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beau's books and donation thread

463 posts in this topic

For those of you that may not know, our longtime fellow boardie, Beau, passed away last week. Beau was the very definition of a jokester and a person I was proud to call a friend.

beau.jpg

He was also a very creative person who was one half of Golden Hour Comics along with his lifelong friend, Pat Bollin. Pat has known Beau since the age of 7 and was practically a brother to Beau. It was a pleasure to meet and get to know Pat this weekend. I only wish it could have been for happier reasons. Beau and Pat had just recently published their first comic, of which Beau was very proud. Beau had also recently married in April to his wonderful wife, Sissy, who has unfortunately now been left in a difficult financial situation, not only from Beau's medical issues but also from the recent loss of her job.

In an effort to raise money for his wife and family, the books in this thread will be a combination of Beau's own books along with donations of books from fellow boardies. If anyone would like to donate book(s), please PM me with details and pics. Payments for books will be sent to Pat, who is handling the fundraising for Beau's wife.

Please, no probies, as I don't want to chase down money for this effort. You guys know how this works. But for all of our new viewers:

Paypal is preferred. First :takeit: in the thread wins, though PMs are certainly welcome.

Shipping of Beau's personal books will be USPS Priority and will be calculated for each purchase.

Here is the most updated recap of books available

House of Secrets #92 CGC 7.5

Upper left hand corner of the case is broken. Does not affect comic at all.

$400

IMG_2110_zpsf6c897ec.jpg

Label says signed on first page by Wrightson and Wein. Very very cool.