• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whew...!! NYCC posted by Studio 25

4 posts in this topic

Days gone by....

(Walking dead reference, being the night of the new episodes)

While this is not my first NYCC or signings, it is my first signing at NYCC and let me tell you, I felt overwhelm.

Previous years going to the con, I would spend the days walking around, enjoying all the exhibits and seeking back issues, mostly silver age spidey. Never thought about signing my books nor having them graded. I love raw books.

Anyway, a funny thing happened. As I waited at Artist Alley at the CGC station for a rep to get my books witness, I saw this one guy prepping and filling out the CGC form. I asked a question pertaining to the procedure on getting my books signed. The guy prepping was very helpful in answering my question. I thanked him and waited for rep, then my spider sense started to tingle so I decided to ask this guy if he is on the CGC Journals and he said yes.

Lo-and-behold.... it was Tnerb (lol).

I introduced myself and he introduced me to his friend, then who else comes in (lol)... SW3D, it was great meeting you guys.

We didn't really get a chance to chat for my CGC witness came and I was off and running the gauntlet. Hopefully we can do that next time.

See more journals by Studio 25

I'm glad you met my brother and sw3d, if only briefly. I so wanted to attend NYCC but have already done too many cons this year, if there is such a thing as too many cons. lol

I look forward to meeting some of the other registry members someday. The next Con I will be attending is Megacon in Orlando in March, so if anyone else plans on heading there, please let me know. Tnerb will be coming and it would be great to hang out with some of you other guys as well as my big brother.

:)

I look forward to it. The experience has only enriched because of the community here. I am very grateful. i too wish we could have spoken longer but when the witness calls...

I just got home and I need to get some things done, like figure out how much I spent. I shall be writing over the next few days about it as well as other things comic related. currently I have 159 days before the next comic con.

Totally know the feeling about being overwhelmed.

I stood home today recuperating from the beating my bones and joints took over the last two days at the con.

I'm glad we met albeit for a very brief moment, but there will be other occasions for a meet up in the future.

It was great to put a face to the name.

SW3D