• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happens if a green labeled comic becomes SS?

6 posts in this topic

I have a comic that is currently green-labeled because it has pages missing, and its grade is 3.0. If I got it signed so that it becomes a signature-series, what will be the color of the resulting label, and what will the grade be? Will it get knocked down to a 0.5?

I have a comic that is currently green-labeled because it has pages missing, and its grade is 3.0. If I got it signed so that it becomes a signature-series, what will be the color of the resulting label, and what will the grade be? Will it get knocked down to a 0.5?

You would get a yellow label as it is now signature series however it would now be downgraded for whatever the reason was the book got a qualified label the first time you submitted it.

22 minutes ago, Silentstrider said:

that happens when one book has a witnessed signature and a signature that was not witnessed.

I'm pretty sure that the new Yellow Labels with Green Stripe aren't only for 1 witnessed sig (+ another unwitnessed sig), although that would be included, but also for any other qualified defect that would result in a green label otherwise.

I believe this was a newer label that came out recently, after this original question and answer.

https://www.cgccomics.com/labels/

"Applied to a comic book that has been signed by someone of significance to the comic, and also exhibits a qualifying defect or unwitnessed signature. For example, if a comic book missing a page is signed by Stan Lee under direct observation of a CGC representative*, the book will be graded as if the page was not missing, and given the Qualified Signature Series label with a notation of the missing page on the label. Another example is if Stan Lee signed a high grade comic book under direct observation, but the cover also exhibited a signature not observed by a CGC representative. Stan Lee's witnessed signature (Signature Series) and the other signature (Qualifier in high grade) would result in a Qualified Signature Series label. "