• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-Pro is a thief

205 posts in this topic

I still think it is a goofy idea. A slab to protect your slab (shrug)

Not as goofy as a sticker that is supposed to only go on slabs whose books are the best of the best... until they were found on books with severe mis-wraps. lol

wait a minute, CVA sticker and a slab for slabs hm

sort of reminds me of that old commercial "you got peanut butter in my chocolate" :idea:

"And you got chocolate on my peanut butter!" :insane:

I'm waiting for the slab for the slab for the slab for the slab for the slab for the slab. :D

Not as goofy as a sticker that is supposed to only go on slabs whose books are the best of the best... until they were found on books with severe mis-wraps. lol

wait a minute, CVA sticker and a slab for slabs hm

sort of reminds me of that old commercial "you got peanut butter in my chocolate" :idea:

"And you got chocolate on my peanut butter!" :insane:

I'm waiting for the slab for the slab for the slab for the slab for the slab for the slab. :D

The thing is, these are for the truly OCD and what happens if the plastic color slightly changes from one lot to the next? Do you need to replace everything (shrug)

The only slabs that need CVA stickers are the ones that have braille labels from the CGC.

I was contemplating getting some of these (at $5 per that not bad), but I mylar bag my slabs and it wouldn't really work out for my collection. But still, a cool idea.

I'm in the same boat.

I currently stick the slabs in 914 M2's - but I do like the idea of the slab pro's.... Especially for the protection from clumsy hands like mine!!

Do you find that your bagged slabs "puff up".... I'm perpetually opening them up and squeezing the air out again!

Never had that happen. Very strange.

I got a wholesale order of 40 of them from him. They work great. I feel like the slabs are a bit more protected from drops, I like the way they look on the slabs, and they allow me to prop them up on the top of my bookshelves without having to worry about the slabs sliding off (the rubber keeps them from moving). And if I'm bringing slabs to a show or mailing them, I can put them in a slab pro, and put that in the clamshell case the slab pro came in, and its pretty much bulletproof. I'd reccomend them.

I was pretty happy with the sample I was sent. Hopefully they didn't over extend themselves with their generosity.

151623879.large.jpg

How could they. They used OPM.

So what's the story here? I feel like I'm missing something. How did they rip you off?

Johnny and myself are in the midst of a comic deal and we have exchanged emails today. Should I tell him people are wanting to talk to him (shrug) I will say he is not too quick to respond in general.
I would say, yes, he should respond here. Are you buying a raw or slabbed book? Just curious.

Looks like John (Slab-Pro) has fully imploded. I was informed by another board member he purchased a certain ASM 28 that was a guaranteed 9.4 book. When he asked me my opinion on the book I told him no way it would get a 9.4. The more I looked at the scan on eBay the more I realized who's book it was.

I had worked on an ASM 28 for slab-pro that was in a 9.0 holder and we discussed its upgraded potential. After a few emails back and forth it was Johns decision to crack the book out and do a CPR on it. When I took the book out of the holder I realized it had some moisture marks on it and knew it had no shot, but by then it was too late. I sent it in hoping. I lost. It not only didn't get the bump, it downgraded to an 8.5. This was the book John listed on eBay as a guaranteed 9.4. I still have the old CGC label to prove it as well as the emails discussing the books.

Book is sent out to get pressed again and submitted against the owners wishes under a different account...he wanted it submitted under his CGC account. Book comes back as a 9.0, not the 9.4 he was guaranteed. To date the board member has no book (was not submitted under his account remember) and no money after repeated attempts to contact slab-pro.

His failure to make good on what he owes me and what he owes this other board member, along with the deception of an 8.5 cracked out slab being a "guaranteed" 9.4 makes him worth of the hall of shame.

I have never said this about any other dealer/collector or board member but he needs to be avoided like the plague.