• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab-Pro is a thief

205 posts in this topic

Is this the same Slab-Pro that is selling books in our forum right now?

Have you looked at the thread? "Selling" might be a strong word.

His Iron Fist 14 SOLD....

I was considering 1 of the books but after reading this thread I just cant afford it....the risk

I really didn't think I had to report my business on this forum, but it has come down to it where it is affecting my sales thread. My business is being bashed for absolutely no reason. I post books on here for fun (and to make some money) and to be apart of the comic book community, a hobby that I love and it has become a major issue.

As far as Joey, I sent books to him to be pressed. They weren't coming out as good. The books were coming back lower then the grade and still had some defects left in them. I sent to another presser and they said that the books were improperly pressed. Pressing is not my field of expertise, but I can however see defects. Payment was sent and he claimed he did not receive it. After him bashing me, finally we spoke, my payment was sent to him immediately. I don't know what the grudge is with myself and him, maybe since I told him I didn't agree with his work, he was threatened that I was going to go public, which I was not going to in any way. I just stated to him that I was not going to conduct business with him anymore. This is not my thing to bash people, interfere their business, ruin reputations. I was pressing books and had them repressed if I was not satisfied, something that I'm sure plenty of you on the boards do. Unfortunately because everyone on here has generated such an opinion, I was forced to explain something that should have been kept between Joey and myself in the first place.

As far as my sales thread and the person that purchased the Iron Fist, I would be more then happy to send him the book first before he sends payment. I have dealt with so many people on here, Slab-Pro transactions and comic book transactions. They know what kind of person I am and I go way beyond for them. Customer service and professionalism is what makes a business and I believe that I have proved that continuously.

Please, I do not want to have to go through this time and time again, every time I post something. I would appreciate if an end was put to this.

Your reputation is being ruined because of your "guaranteeing" of grades on obviously cracked out books. Bad pressing or not is not the issue and frankly pulling Joe into this is a deflection of what is really the "issue".

If you want to guarantee something get it graded yourself and then you won't have threads like this started.

You just don't come back on the boards and expect people to forget do you?

Hey Bob. As far as guaranteeing grades, tons of people purchased from me, collectors, board members and majority of my grades after being CGC graded did in fact come back on point or a point off which I thought was pretty good and the purchaser obviously agreed as well. I was not right every single time, and I see what you're saying as far as giving the guarantee.

As far as people forgetting me, of course not, but the sales post was on CGC graded so I believe it was the wrong place to have the issue resurface.

Hope all is well. My wife says hi and misses your smiling face!

Unless you have the Kudos thread from your satisfied raw purchase customers with their grading results then it is considered heresay on the boards.

Guaranteeing CGC grades is nothing but trouble.

Obviously you do have some PR issues or you wouldn't have two threads running about you. So suck it up, answer honestly, get rid of the guarantees, maybe tighten up on your grading and then you can move on. There are a lot of customers on these boards, many do not post. Word of mouth is still a big part of this business. Right now I wouldn't want yours. Your choice.

Ok, then it is hard to come on here and say "tons of customers". Right now you have a "few" that weren't very happy and are putting it in a thread named "Slab pro is a thief" and "Avoid doing business with Gardenia126"

I know some people are happy with any publicity but this isn't the kind I would want my business to have.

I really didn't think I had to report my business on this forum, but it has come down to it where it is affecting my sales thread. My business is being bashed for absolutely no reason. I post books on here for fun (and to make some money) and to be apart of the comic book community, a hobby that I love and it has become a major issue.

As far as Joey, I sent books to him to be pressed. They weren't coming out as good. The books were coming back lower then the grade and still had some defects left in them. I sent to another presser and they said that the books were improperly pressed. Pressing is not my field of expertise, but I can however see defects. Payment was sent and he claimed he did not receive it. After him bashing me, finally we spoke, my payment was sent to him immediately. I don't know what the grudge is with myself and him, maybe since I told him I didn't agree with his work, he was threatened that I was going to go public, which I was not going to in any way. I just stated to him that I was not going to conduct business with him anymore. This is not my thing to bash people, interfere their business, ruin reputations. I was pressing books and had them repressed if I was not satisfied, something that I'm sure plenty of you on the boards do. Unfortunately because everyone on here has generated such an opinion, I was forced to explain something that should have been kept between Joey and myself in the first place.

As far as my sales thread and the person that purchased the Iron Fist, I would be more then happy to send him the book first before he sends payment. I have dealt with so many people on here, Slab-Pro transactions and comic book transactions. They know what kind of person I am and I go way beyond for them. Customer service and professionalism is what makes a business and I believe that I have proved that continuously.

Please, I do not want to have to go through this time and time again, every time I post something. I would appreciate if an end was put to this.

Are you selling here again because you were NARU'd on eBay?

uGVyieW.jpg

Sending free samples is absolutely not a problem. Honestly if I'm permitted to say, we got a lot of emails requesting free samples. Your email was probably just missed. PM me with your address and I can get one out to you on Monday.

I am grateful for the opportunity to get the chance to explain my side. Things with Joey occurred 2 years ago and have been resolved as far as payment. I do not and have not sold raw books in about a year with guaranteed grade.

No, a customer purchased a very high priced comic and claimed he didn't want it. He returned an empty box to me. Ebay and PayPal said because I signed for the package it's my problem. Ebay and PayPal took the money out of my account and put me in the negative. I said I wasn't paying it and they close the account until I pay that back.