• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2017 at 10:17 PM, Dogsupreme said:

I agree on POWER PACK. It's only a matter of time. NEW MUTANTS is a prime example. Not only does POWER PACK have an outstanding run on its own but is firmly established in the MARVEL UNIVERSE.

I also believe GREEN LANTERN #141 has great potential as well. 1st OMEGA MEN could be DC's answer to GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. plus LOBO!

RAGMAN #1 is also a sleeper. DC's DAREDEVIL?

Another overlooked gem is STATIC #1. Had his own animated show and could possibly show up along BLACK LIGHTNING.

PHANTASM from the comic adaptation could appear as well in live action form in either GOTHAM or in a BATMAN movie. A great villain to rival the JOKER!

Other possibilities?

PREZ, NEW GODS, MR.MIRACLE. THE DEMON, SATANA, DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON, SHANG-CHI MASTER OF KUNG-FU, WHITE TIGER, JACK OF HEARTS, SHOGUN WARRIORS, MICRONAUTS, DAZZLER, SPIDER-WOMAN, NIGHT FORCE, CAPTAIN CARROT, AMETHYST?

Keep your eyes on the Micronauts. At some point, someone is going to realize its value, and make a kick- movie franchise out of it.

Edited by PhilipB2k17

The new Valiant universe is officially surpassing the 1990s Valiant universe this year in terms of the "longest running Valiant universe".  

Most of the current Valiant universe major characters were original Valiant characters in the 1990s Valiant and they have always been "Valiant keys".  There are a few exceptions, like Quantum & Woody #1 & #3 (originally published as Acclaim/Valiant in 1997).   Those are often in dollar bins and they sell for a lot more online.

A new Valiant book to add to the list from dollar bins is Solar #9 (1992), where the Valiant universe "god and goddess" encounter a "god baby".  In Solar #9, it was the "god" (Solar) who chose to destroy the "god baby" that the "goddess" (his enemy) birthed because it was too powerful and had no control of its power killing humanity.

Valiant has "tweaked" some of the original ideas from 1990s.  In the new Valiant, there is no Solar but there is an "opposite Solar" named Divinity and a "goddess", but the twist is that this time they are together as a couple, not enemies.  It was just revealed that she is pregnant. We're about to see what happens if Valiant puts "god baby" in a loving family.  I've often picked up Solar #9 for $1. lol

solar09.jpg

Edited by valiantman
added cover image

23 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Do you all think Marvel Spotlight 32 is undervalued?  I just picked up a Nm copy and debating if I should hold onto it long term or flip it.

I don't think the book is undervalued at all.   It was definitely a sleeper for a long time but now it appears any Bronze/Copper 1st appearances are keys or minor keys regardless of the character.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:44 AM, Fiddy said:
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 0:16 PM, Wolverinex said:

Do you all think Marvel Spotlight 32 is undervalued?  I just picked up a Nm copy and debating if I should hold onto it long term or flip it.

I don't think the book is undervalued at all.   It was definitely a sleeper for a long time but now it appears any Bronze/Copper 1st appearances are keys or minor keys regardless of the character.

I agree, I think the value is about right, barring a spike because she gets a movie appearance or becomes the new Wolverine or something.

On 8/19/2017 at 11:34 AM, valiantman said:

The new Valiant universe is officially surpassing the 1990s Valiant universe this year in terms of the "longest running Valiant universe".  

Most of the current Valiant universe major characters were original Valiant characters in the 1990s Valiant and they have always been "Valiant keys".  There are a few exceptions, like Quantum & Woody #1 & #3 (originally published as Acclaim/Valiant in 1997).   Those are often in dollar bins and they sell for a lot more online.

A new Valiant book to add to the list from dollar bins is Solar #9 (1992), where the Valiant universe "god and goddess" encounter a "god baby".  In Solar #9, it was the "god" (Solar) who chose to destroy the "god baby" that the "goddess" (his enemy) birthed because it was too powerful and had no control of its power killing humanity.

Valiant has "tweaked" some of the original ideas from 1990s.  In the new Valiant, there is no Solar but there is an "opposite Solar" named Divinity and a "goddess", but the twist is that this time they are together as a couple, not enemies.  It was just revealed that she is pregnant. We're about to see what happens if Valiant puts "god baby" in a loving family.  I've often picked up Solar #9 for $1. lol

solar09.jpg

Who's the cover artist on this one? hm Looks familiar . . . 

I've seen no price adjustment yet but I'd think this book could take off with the upcoming show and movie and the cover is not bad either.

Cloak and Dagger.jpg

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I've seen no price adjustment yet but I'd think this book could take off with the upcoming show and movie and the cover is not bad either.

Cloak and Dagger.jpg

yah I always loved this cover.

On 8/19/2017 at 2:34 PM, valiantman said:

solar09.jpg

Y'all see that the cover art for this sold via Heritage two weeks ago?

$11k and some change.

10 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Y'all see that the cover art for this sold via Heritage two weeks ago?

$11k and some change.

Yep - about $5K more than any of the Valiant fans would have guessed.  It must have been a big-time BWS collector.  One of the Weapon X covers sold for $50K+.