• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overlooked and Potentially Undervalued Long/Mid-Term
2 2

798 posts in this topic

I'll post one.

So Uncanny X-Men 282 has been heating up in CGC 9.8, mainly due to added attention the movie news brought. So...

Why hasn't Uncanny X-Men 317? She will also be featured in the movie...

hm I am still massing that book. I hope it stays down till closer to movie gives me more time. Any time that book is $2 or less in NM I am buying.

teen titans 39 and 44 are still undervalued I think

Ok, it's hard to say that 44, which is $50 in guide in NM-, sells for way more in 9.6/9.8 slabs and even fetches a nice $25-$50 raw, is really being undervalued or overlooked...if that book is in a dollar box it is a big mistake (OTOH, the same cannot be said for other parts of the Judas contract run, which seem to be ignored...I just fished the Teen Titans annual part out of a dollar box, though it wasn't so sharp)

39 OTOH, copies up on ebay for 99 cents, certainly fits the criteria of what I was looking for. "Last Robin" I guess...that'll work. 40+ years of being Robin.

Not to mention, the Perez run on NTT was tremendous and there SHOULD be a few more semi-keys/break-out books in there.

So while we're there, though it's getting harder to find them in dollar boxes and the guide does have them at a premium price, ebay does not really:

New Teen Titans 10 (2d Deathstroke) -- Probably should be more love for his second app, except he's not on the cover

Still ignored:

23 (1st vigilante (outside of costume) and 26 (1st terra) -- definite dollar box fodder

34 (4th deathstroke - on cover) -- dollar box fodder

I guess the problem is there is a ton of these books out there as it was a very popular series. On the other hand, this has never stopped anything else from popping.

What about #26?

I'll post one.

So Uncanny X-Men 282 has been heating up in CGC 9.8, mainly due to added attention the movie news brought. So...

Why hasn't Uncanny X-Men 317? She will also be featured in the movie...

I totally Agree, especially for the newsstand issue with the red stripe. I have been wondering about something else, I read somewhere that the first appearance of the AOA Blink was is X-Men Magazine 4. Anyone know the truth?

I would imagine at this point its going to be 317. That being said some books that also might see some increase are Exiles 1 and Blink mini series as well.

I wholeheartedly believe that lots of Marvel second/third tier #1 issue will multiply in price as Copper becomes a more collected age. They're cheaper than dirt now, so increases seem inevitable to me.

Titles like: Sleepwalker, New Warriors and the 2099 books (especially Spider-Man, not Ravage though).

These were popular enough titles that lasted numerous issues. They were hot at one time and young collectors/readers of this time period remember them fondly.

I'm sure there's DC counterparts (Deathstrike comes to mind) but I'm not as in touch with DC so I won't try to comment on that.

I wholeheartedly believe that lots of Marvel second/third tier #1 issue will multiply in price as Copper becomes a more collected age. They're cheaper than dirt now, so increases seem inevitable to me.

Titles like: Sleepwalker, New Warriors and the 2099 books (especially Spider-Man, not Ravage though).

These were popular enough titles that lasted numerous issues. They were hot at one time and young collectors/readers of this time period remember them fondly.

hm Maybe I should set on my coppers a while longer...especially the crappy "second/third" tier comics.

Just look what happened to Darkhawk 1. I think you're onto something...

PS - Darkhawk is awesome.

hm Maybe I should set on my coppers a while longer...especially the crappy "second/third" tier comics.

Just look what happened to Darkhawk 1. I think you're onto something...

PS - Darkhawk is awesome.

Darkhawk is awesome. :D

I'm glad you made the connection, I was toying with calling it the Darkhawk effect.

X-O Manowar #4 (1992, brief first Shadowman)

Shadowman #1 (1992, first full Shadowman)

http://valiantfan.com/valiant/first.asp

I thought X-O 4 was considered Shadowman's first appearance.

sh-jack-x4.jpg

One panel of him playing saxophone. hm

There's definitely more of Wolverine in Hulk 180. lol

X-Men 317 ( second print),

:shrug:

Yeah, I don't believe there was a second print for 317. There was a version with a red bar instead of a holo-foil (or something special) bar down the right-hand side of the front cover. It was either the newsstand version or just a non-special cover.

Yeah, I don't believe there was a second print for 317. There was a version with a red bar instead of a holo-foil (or something special) bar down the right-hand side of the front cover. It was either the newsstand version or just a non-special cover.

Yes, that was the "standard" version, with a cover price $1 less than the "Deluxe" holo-foil cover. Not a newsstand, however, as the newsstand I worked at when this came out got the Deluxe version.

-slym

teen titans 39 and 44 are still undervalued I think

Ok, it's hard to say that 44, which is $50 in guide in NM-, sells for way more in 9.6/9.8 slabs and even fetches a nice $25-$50 raw, is really being undervalued or overlooked...if that book is in a dollar box it is a big mistake (OTOH, the same cannot be said for other parts of the Judas contract run, which seem to be ignored...I just fished the Teen Titans annual part out of a dollar box, though it wasn't so sharp)

39 OTOH, copies up on ebay for 99 cents, certainly fits the criteria of what I was looking for. "Last Robin" I guess...that'll work. 40+ years of being Robin.

Not to mention, the Perez run on NTT was tremendous and there SHOULD be a few more semi-keys/break-out books in there.

So while we're there, though it's getting harder to find them in dollar boxes and the guide does have them at a premium price, ebay does not really:

New Teen Titans 10 (2d Deathstroke) -- Probably should be more love for his second app, except he's not on the cover

Still ignored:

23 (1st vigilante (outside of costume) and 26 (1st terra) -- definite dollar box fodder

34 (4th deathstroke - on cover) -- dollar box fodder

I guess the problem is there is a ton of these books out there as it was a very popular series. On the other hand, this has never stopped anything else from popping.

I'm not sold on 39. Is there a similar book to relate to? i.e. last appearance as so-and-so

You're right about NTT having been a factory for new characters, though. Add Brother Blood in 21 to the list.

(thumbs u