• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 art $600k ??

40 posts in this topic

Maybe 4-6k? who knows.

Thanos isn't even on the cover, so it would have no extra value because of him the value would be in the fact that it was a Starlin cover.

Be like asking if the cover to Spidey #42 would be worth more than 41 or 43 because MJ is inside (or maybe wondering if the Hulk #180 cover is better than the 181).

No Thanos on cover, so would say Starlin art to Iron Man 55 worth $3-4k.

Neutro 1 cover looks like Dell's 1967 version of Iron Man. The story had to do with a super robot built to defend Earth from aliens. However, the creators of Neutro had to battle Earthly villians who tried to beam evil commands to Neutro. 1 of the best Dells I have read. cool.gif

There have been rumors for years that the Cap #1 cover is out there - that would certainly be the biggest Hitler cover known (and in my opinion better than the Marvel #1 Suby page).

There are some Schomburg recreations out there, but I can't think of any actual original Hitler covers that I've seen.

I haven't seen that Invaders issue in awhile (it was the annual, right?) - did it have Hitler on it? Since it's 70s, I'm sure it's still out there somewhere. Probably everyone's least favorite art dealers - the Rich/Steve brothers might know where it is.

Another thought on Hitler covers, the Superman #17 cover is *Definitely* out there, so it might be the most expensive if the Cap cover never shows up.

Think there are 3 Donnelly boys involved w/ orig. comic art. They have the largest inventory of 70s art w/ equally hi-reserves. Their customer service used to be horrible about 10 yrs ago. They are 1 of only 2 retailer/dealers I ever complained to CBG & Ostreet about over the last 20 yrs of mail order pre-eBay.

I think Kirby's version still stands just because it was the one published first,but that's not the *only* reason.

First off this is not exactly one of Mr. Ditkos stellar layouts.It looks more like a splash than a cover and speaking of "splash",watch out for that brownstone!!!

*BONK!*

It just doesn't look cover-worthy to me.

In comics,as well as other artistic endeavours that have alternate's,outtakes,never -before-seens,etc, you can see why the final version still prevails.It's very interesting from a historical point of view,but often it just feels "jammed in" and un-natural, at least in hindsight.But it's all part of that basic concept known as "Work in Progress" and that is how things evolve to the point in which they have always stood.