• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk Mags
1 1

78 posts in this topic

Just trying to see what type interest there may be on the boards from you guys regarding a complete run of Hulk Mags... grades vary from fine to almost nm..

also the person wanting to sell me the hulks also has a long run of Playboy Mags in better condition,, thats all i know so far as i havnt seen them yet..

so is there a market for those two titles? Just looking for info so share if you would like.

Edited by FunnyBooks1969

The hulk mags had really great art contained within them. I always have considered these diamonds in the rough. They have some of the best Hulk VS panels in comics in my opinion. HG 9.4 or better specimens when they come up bring decent money if you have good scans and descriptions of the book.

- bounty

Agreed. I love that cover. Enjoyed the run for the most part and almost all of the covers were great. Wasn't a big fan of #24 with the Lou Ferrigno likeness but it would be the book I would want him to sign if I ever wanted his sig.

This may just be my favorite super hero cover ever:

null_zps0e53e05f.jpg

Agreed. I love that cover. Enjoyed the run for the most part and almost all of the covers were great. Wasn't a big fan of #24 with the Lou Ferrigno likeness but it would be the book I would want him to sign if I ever wanted his sig.

null_zps0e53e05f.jpg

Funny I thought the same thing 5 years ago. lol

piccs034_zps8886f402.jpg

I agree, most of the covers were great, love the cover to # 4

Picture054.jpg

but! # 10 has to be my favourite.

Picture031.jpg

Mayerik is very underrated in my opinion. He did great work on those mags and many of marvels horror titles in the 70's.

Off topic but just out of curiosity, some of the italian issues used the illustrations of the picture-frame period (the late ones) as full bleeding covers to a great effect:

(Many issues remain unpublished here, and would love to pick a number of them, but magazines are darn costly to ship overseas… :( ).

ANg09TWh.jpg

null_zps0e53e05f.jpg

I like Norem covers, but don't you think Thor And Iron Man are jerks here?

They carry one end of the Hulk and make Ant Man and Wasp carry the other end?

Hulk is in a block of ice that's bigger than a refrigerator. What help would Antman and Wasp be anyway?

DG

null_zps0e53e05f.jpg

I like Norem covers, but don't you think Thor And Iron Man are jerks here?

They carry one end of the Hulk and make Ant Man and Wasp carry the other end?

Hulk is in a block of ice that's bigger than a refrigerator. What help would Antman and Wasp be anyway?

DG

lol Good point. All about perspective, I guess. Still a cool cover and I agree Norem hit some out of the park with his painted covers.

He's done quite a few covers for Marvel.

He did this..

V1_003_Rampaging_Hulk_610px_zps683c854e.png

He did this TPB cover for Fireside...

SC_Silver_Surfer_535px.jpg

I know he did a Power Man/Iron Fist cover. I'd seen his work for years, but the PM/IF cover is where I actually learned his name and remember it.

I have been corrected. I cannot locate a PM/IF cover that Norem did, so it was something else that keyed me in on his art.

DG

Edited by dgarthwaite

null_zps0e53e05f.jpg

Why would Thor and IM have The Wasp carrying the frigging Hulk?