• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men posted by Studio 25

6 posts in this topic

Raw Gold

Earlier this year I walked into my LCS seeking silver age spideys. In the display were several X-Men, Incredible Hulk and my favorite Amazing Spider-Man.

The ASM on display I already have in my collection, nothing new there. The Hulk book was way too high for me to purchase. So I look at the X-Men books.

The X-Men books in the case were all somewhere in my opinion from VF- to NM. This copy being the NM copy.

Haggling with the store owner, he refuse to lower his price, citing the I had gotten the best of deals from him in the past. Inspecting this book I did not see any flaws, white pages, glossy bright flat cover, no creases and sharp corners. I really wanted this book. But he wouldn't budge much.

So I paid the near NM- 9.2 price. I guess-timated a NM+ 9.6 and made up my mind to send it to CGC.

Looking at Desert Wind's scheduled cons, I saw that Roy Thomas will be attending the San Diego Con. So I sent this one along with five others to DWC. They finally arrive today. I think with pressing it may get a 9.8. But first I think I will try to get Ayers to sign it too.

The other signed books were

X-Men 25 - CGC 7.0

Avengers 57 - CGC 7.5

Avengers 58 - CGC 9.0

Conan 1 - CGC 5.5

Conan 23 - CGC 8.5

Thanks for reading and happy hunting

14496.JPG

See more journals by Studio 25

That is one sweet comic!

You are a lucky devil to get such a high grade and a signature for a comic bought at an LCS. I have never found a raw Silver Age in high grade where I shop.

Congrats!

SW3D

That is a nice looking book, and for the 9.2 price I would have snagged it in a minute too. The signature looks amazing at the impact of Cyclops' optic blast. Adding 1650 points to your registry is nice too. Congrats!

sig.jpg