• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Fist #14 CGC 9.8 WP! The World's Finest Copy!

21 posts in this topic

SABRETOOTH SAVAGERY!

Here it is! The most in-demand comic book of the late 70's and one of my personal favorites!

I acquired this gem back in February of 2013 in a hard-fought online bidding war on eBay! :-) Even though I paid a little more than I originally intended, I was pretty content with the outcome for the simple fact that this example looks like it should have been graded as a CGC 9.9! The book looks that superb!

Further, if you visit my Iron Fist #1-#15 CGC Registry Set, "Sabretooth Savagery," you can also view the full high-resolution back cover scan, which will blow you away! It's utterly amazing how this book is 1.17 years older than I am, but yet looks like it was printed yesterday! The corners are razor sharp; the spine is super tight and impeccable; the colors will blind you; the white pages are incredible; the book is perfectly wrapped and centered and the staples are fresh and perfectly inserted!

You couldn't ask for a finer-looking specimen, and since I was out to acquire the best-of-the-best of the KEY Bronze Age books in the industry, once I saw this book being auctioned-I was ON IT! With that said, thank God I placed my final bid during the 2012 Tax Return Season! I think it's also significant that I acquired this book while I was living in the Mile High City of Denver, Colorado, in the midst of the "Winter" season where I also had spectacular views of the snow-packed Colorado Rocky "Mountains!" Therefore, the cover of Iron Fist #14 truly takes me back to my short time living and working in Denver, and has already brought back nostalgic feelings from having only been living in Atlanta, Georgia for a little over 2 months now! (As of this writing - 10/29/13 :-)

On that note, please enjoy the following scan and commentary of my Iron Fist #14 CGC 9.8 WP! Peace & God Bless!

-Professor Pecora

Iron Fist #14 showcases the 1st appearance of the super-villain known as...Sabretooth!

Although Sabretooth gets badly beaten by Iron Fist, he would venture on to become the most menacing foe that Wolverine has ever encountered!

With that said, Wolverine and Sabretooth have a long and dark history together. For starters, they were both a part of the Cold War super soldier program Weapon X, where they not only received enhanced superhuman abilities, but also lost accounts of their past, as their memories were tampered with!

As a direct result, both Sabretooth (Victor Creed) & Wolverine (Logan) have clouded accounts of their past life, and often receive blurred visions of what may or may not have happened to them. It was during this program, where Sabretooth viewed Wolverine as competition, and wanted to challenge him in a death match!

From this point on, they battled each other on numerous occasions, beginning in X-Men #212, #213, and #222! They would continue to meet religiously, as in Wolverine (1988) #10, and would create a track record of historic battles of epic proportions!

Moreover, due to Sabretooth hunting down & locating Wolverine every year on his birthday to fight him (with nearly killing him on occasions), solidifies Sabretooth's legacy as being Wolverine's life-long arch nemesis!

On another note, Sabretooth was created by writer Chris Claremont, along with artist/co-writer John Byrne, who collaborated with Mr. Dan Green on the interior artwork! In addition, the classic cover art was drawn by Mr. Al Milgrom!

In closing, I want to thank Brian of A-1 Comics for selling me this pristine gem!

Written By: Professor Pecora

14541.jpg

See more journals by Professor Pecora

Dear Professor,

It's good to see you back on the boards.

How's life in the ATL?

That copy is truly beautiful! It appears as fresh as snow from a mountain peak.

It's funny because I was looking into getting MP 15 for the debut of Danny Rand/Iron Fist and also thought about this one as well for its importance.

The Bronze Age has some historic keys for collecting, and this issue is definitely part of that list.

I can only imagine what you paid for it... but it must be worth it!

Congrats!

SW3D

I have an equally beautiful 9.6 WP copy that I have trouble seeing why it's not 9.8 through the casing.

I believe I will get Al Milgrom to sign it at Supercon in July and Claremont if he shows up somewhere here in Florida during 2014.

That copy of yours is gorgeous!

Congrats

Dear Professor,

It's good to see you back on the boards.

How's life in the ATL?

That copy is truly beautiful! It appears as fresh as snow from a mountain peak.

It's funny because I was looking into getting MP 15 for the debut of Danny Rand/Iron Fist and also thought about this one as well for its importance.

The Bronze Age has some historic keys for collecting, and this issue is definitely part of that list.

I can only imagine what you paid for it... but it must be worth it!

Congrats!

SW3D

What's up SW3D!

Thanks for the warm welcome-back greeting :-)

I actually paid an even $1600 for this bad boy! However, I think I did pretty good, considering that I saw another 9.8 copy sell for 2K around the same time...and my copy looks better! I actually threw in a last minute bid of $2200 because I wanted this particular copy that bad!!

Atlanta has been great thus far! It's a vibrant city with lots of things to do - and I have been embraced with open arms! :-) Nothing will compare to my NYC, but the ATL will suffice!

I was also considering acquiring a 9.8 copy of Marvel Premiere #15 to sit next to my IF #14; I think that would make an awesome 1970's KEY Bronze Age showpiece for your collection!

You might also consider acquiring a CGC 9.6 or 9.8 copy of Daredevil #111, which showcases the first appearance of the Silver Samurai! Since Sabretooth is Wolverine's #1 arch nemesis, it only makes sense to acquire DD #111, as the Silver Samurai can be considered Wolverine's "2nd" arch enemy, especially since he was recently featured as the main villain in The Wolverine this past July!

On another note, I have been re-focusing my energy and time in my music ministry, as I am a Gospel Hip-Hop lyricist/activist, but have neglected my true calling and passion from being "distracted" by many things...which unfortunately, includes CGC Comic Collecting.

I actually started collecting comic books at 12 years old and a year later at 13 years old, I wrote my first rap song! Although from the long age span of 16 on to about 33 I have NOT collected comics, I have wrote and performed many songs...so the music has always been the main "constant" in my life. I will eventually write a journal breaking all of this down, but in the meantime, just know that I have had to make some extremely serious decisions in my life as of recently, and one of those decisions was to auction off my ENTIRE CGC COLLECTION!

So yeah my brother, I am trying to write and archive journals on the remaining books I have not posted or shared, so after I transfer the CGC Certification Numbers over to other collectors in the near future, I can still sift through my journals and look back and say, "I used to own that book and this book and so on!" I can always claim to have owned some of the finest KEY Bronze and Copper Age books in the world, along with some of the best Wolverine Sets ever assembled! I am proud of these accomplishments, but I have a whole new list of things that need my immediate attention!

One day, I will truly be able to purchase some high-end books and rebuild a world-class collection once again; but for now, it's about paying down my credit card debt and investing into my God-Given Purpose...then in "due time," I truly believe that I will even acquire the residual income to invest back in CGC Graded KEY Comic Books! I love the hobby and the people I have met, and this is NOT the last you will hear from me, even after my books are all sold!

Peace be to you and to all who are reading!

-Professor Pecora

I have an equally beautiful 9.6 WP copy that I have trouble seeing why it's not 9.8 through the casing.

I believe I will get Al Milgrom to sign it at Supercon in July and Claremont if he shows up somewhere here in Florida during 2014.

That copy of yours is gorgeous!

Congrats

Bagofleas - Nice to hear from you brother!

YES, if you were to acquire a signature for your Iron Fist #14 CGC 9.6, I would recommend cover artist Al Milgrom, as he has a small and somewhat neat and distinguishable signature.

In contrast, I think Chris Claremont's signature would be awesome as well, but due to the beauty of the classic cover art, I personally feel that his signature is just too long and wide to be placed on the front cover. From a business perspective, I have been learning more and more about how narrow and small the CGC SS market is compared to the high-end collectors that are strictly "Blue Chip," so that is also something to consider if you are ever planning on possibly re-selling for whatever reason down the road! If not, then I say have a ball on acquiring all of your favorite artist's and writer's signatures on your prized books! (thumbs u

Hope all is well on your end!

-Professor Pecora

SABRETOOTH SAVAGERY!

Here it is! The most in-demand comic book of the late 70's and one of my personal favorites!

I acquired this gem back in February of 2013 in a hard-fought online bidding war on eBay! :-) Even though I paid a little more than I originally intended, I was pretty content with the outcome for the simple fact that this example looks like it should have been graded as a CGC 9.9! The book looks that superb!

Further, if you visit my Iron Fist #1-#15 CGC Registry Set, "Sabretooth Savagery," you can also view the full high-resolution back cover scan, which will blow you away! It's utterly amazing how this book is 1.17 years older than I am, but yet looks like it was printed yesterday! The corners are razor sharp; the spine is super tight and impeccable; the colors will blind you; the white pages are incredible; the book is perfectly wrapped and centered and the staples are fresh and perfectly inserted!

You couldn't ask for a finer-looking specimen, and since I was out to acquire the best-of-the-best of the KEY Bronze Age books in the industry, once I saw this book being auctioned-I was ON IT! With that said, thank God I placed my final bid during the 2012 Tax Return Season! I think it's also significant that I acquired this book while I was living in the Mile High City of Denver, Colorado, in the midst of the "Winter" season where I also had spectacular views of the snow-packed Colorado Rocky "Mountains!" Therefore, the cover of Iron Fist #14 truly takes me back to my short time living and working in Denver, and has already brought back nostalgic feelings from having only been living in Atlanta, Georgia for a little over 2 months now! (As of this writing - 10/29/13 :-)

On that note, please enjoy the following scan and commentary of my Iron Fist #14 CGC 9.8 WP! Peace & God Bless!

-Professor Pecora

Iron Fist #14 showcases the 1st appearance of the super-villain known as...Sabretooth!

Although Sabretooth gets badly beaten by Iron Fist, he would venture on to become the most menacing foe that Wolverine has ever encountered!

With that said, Wolverine and Sabretooth have a long and dark history together. For starters, they were both a part of the Cold War super soldier program Weapon X, where they not only received enhanced superhuman abilities, but also lost accounts of their past, as their memories were tampered with!

As a direct result, both Sabretooth (Victor Creed) & Wolverine (Logan) have clouded accounts of their past life, and often receive blurred visions of what may or may not have happened to them. It was during this program, where Sabretooth viewed Wolverine as competition, and wanted to challenge him in a death match!

From this point on, they battled each other on numerous occasions, beginning in X-Men #212, #213, and #222! They would continue to meet religiously, as in Wolverine (1988) #10, and would create a track record of historic battles of epic proportions!

Moreover, due to Sabretooth hunting down & locating Wolverine every year on his birthday to fight him (with nearly killing him on occasions), solidifies Sabretooth's legacy as being Wolverine's life-long arch nemesis!

On another note, Sabretooth was created by writer Chris Claremont, along with artist/co-writer John Byrne, who collaborated with Mr. Dan Green on the interior artwork! In addition, the classic cover art was drawn by Mr. Al Milgrom!

In closing, I want to thank Brian of A-1 Comics for selling me this pristine gem!

Written By: Professor Pecora

14541.jpg

See more journals by Professor Pecora

(thumbs uThat is a great book. It is the top selling book of time and when people started storing their books with same care. So from 9.2 to that grade is the best to invest in. Anything lower is a waste of money to pay guide price or over. I love this book so much that I started hunting for the 35 cent copy as my grail book of that age. I hope to find the top grade like you did with the best page quality. I would hold on to that book and not rush into selling it. Prices on that book are just going to go up and that grade is a keeper with the white pages.

Dear Professor,

I know it must be very painful for you to sell the entire collection, but you are doing this for the right reasons. Pay off those bills and focus on your calling... then one day you'll be able to put it all back together.

Remember, your life is like the hero's journey, filled with a number of challenges, tough choices, and sacrifices to make. And you are meeting them head-on... doing the right thing! And you'll grow from this experience into a stronger and more powerful soul!

Keep the faith, your spirits, and your head held high!

You're going to come out on top!

SW3D

Beautiful book! I'm glade to hear Atlanta is treating you well, I also wish the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Brandon

Thank you so much Mr. Shepherd!

So far, so good here in Hotlanta! However, I still have a lot to accomplish before we are fully settled in. I am hoping that by the time Christmas arrives, that we will have our place completely together and arranged :)

Keep writing Brandon! I am especially enjoying your "cover stories!"

I have about 3 more acquisition journals to write-up in order to be up-to-date; X-Men #102 CGC 9.8, X-Men #98 CGC 9.8 and X-Men #120 CGC 9.8! Then, all of the major books in my collection will be archived electronically, so even after my books are all sold, I can look back on my collecting accomplishments and say, "I used to own that book!" :grin:

-Professor Pecora

Dear Professor,

I know it must be very painful for you to sell the entire collection, but you are doing this for the right reasons. Pay off those bills and focus on your calling... then one day you'll be able to put it all back together.

Remember, your life is like the hero's journey, filled with a number of challenges, tough choices, and sacrifices to make. And you are meeting them head-on... doing the right thing! And you'll grow from this experience into a stronger and more powerful soul!

Keep the faith, your spirits, and your head held high!

You're going to come out on top!

SW3D

Dear SW3D,

Your words have truly blessed me!

Thank you for the encouragement and "I will" walk through the fire and come out stronger than ever, after I am tempered!

I appreciate it my brother! Believe me, you are going to "hear" and "see" me in a whole new perspective very soon! Once I have a few more things in motion, I am eventually going to invite all of you to my music web page, where you can read my bio and preview some of my songs! It's about to go down for real!

You're an awesome dude SW3D! (thumbs u

-Professor Pecora

That is a great book. It is the top selling book of time and when people started storing their books with same care. So from 9.2 to that grade is the best to invest in. Anything lower is a waste of money to pay guide price or over.

I love this book so much that I started hunting for the 35 cent copy as my grail book of that age. I hope to find the top grade like you did with the best page quality.

I would hold on to that book and not rush into selling it. Prices on that book are just going to go up and that grade is a keeper with the white pages.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I appreciate your commentary keldog.

I concur that the prices of high grade examples of Iron Fist #14 will just continue to rise!

Unfortunately, I am in a place in my life in which I have to sell my entire collection, so if you would like specific info as to when it will be auctioned. etc., just shoot me a PM. :)

-Professor Pecora

Beautiful book! I'm glade to hear Atlanta is treating you well, I also wish the best of luck in your future endeavors!

Brandon

Thank you so much Mr. Shepherd!

So far, so good here in Hotlanta! However, I still have a lot to accomplish before we are fully settled in. I am hoping that by the time Christmas arrives, that we will have our place completely together and arranged :)

Keep writing Brandon! I am especially enjoying your "cover stories!"

I have about 3 more acquisition journals to write-up in order to be up-to-date; X-Men #102 CGC 9.8, X-Men #98 CGC 9.8 and X-Men #120 CGC 9.8! Then, all of the major books in my collection will be archived electronically, so even after my books are all sold, I can look back on my collecting accomplishments and say, "I used to own that book!" :grin:

-Professor Pecora

Thanks for the encouragement! I can't wait for your next journals, and to be able to read through your "archives" when you are finished.

I forgot to mention how I have now come appreciate the cover of Iron Fist #14 even more, due to your mention of the Colorado Rockies. Whenever I go hiking in the mountains I'm already reminded of Thunderbird's sacrifice, now I will look at the snow capped tops - especially this time of the year - and think of Sabretooth brawling it out with Iron First!