• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Questions on the online submittal form

11 posts in this topic

A couple of questions about the online submittal form:

1. The form asks for a date, I have seen some that has a month and a year on them and others that just has a year. Some of the Ultimate spiderman comics only seem to list the year and not the month. Is the month required and could I be looking in the wrong place for it?

2. Some of the descriptions on the slabbed comics I have seen list a lot of info. Such as writer, artist, character appearences etc. Do I have to provide this information or does CGC add this info automatically?

3. The pedigree/variant section. If I submit a comic that is a variant cover comic, do I state that its a variant? Would I state the artist that did it or what is depicted.

Such as with superman batman #1 having two covers but 1 is superman and the other is batman. I am not certain as to what to put in this feild.

Thank You

Canadian Machine headbang.gif

• Administrator

In the date field we appreciate whatever information you may have. This just helps us enter the book in our system if it is one we have not graded before. Most common titles and issue numbers are already in our system so this information would not be necessary for those types of books. You don't have to provide any information about the content of the book unless it causes it to be a variant. If you think your book is a variant, you can note whatever makes it a variant in the pedigree/variant field. So, for your example you could just note "variant cover" and allow us to determine it from there.

I'm sorry, call me a nOoB , but I can't find the online submission form anywhere... everything I click on leads me to the collector's society home page.. It's like chasing my tail.. Please help, I'm getting dizzy

PS. if I've not found the proper thread for this question I'm sorry, but I searched through 5 pages of threads to come to this one.

I'm in Canada, and when I phoned today the nice lady on the phone said that the online submission form is quite simple.. I hope it is, 'cause finding it doesn't seem to be... not complaining.. just need directions confused.gif

• Administrator

You will want to go to Submission Center and click on Services and Fees where you may first figure out where your books fit in to our grading tiers. From that page you want to select the subcategory called How to Submit. I would suggest using Option #3, which is to use the website of one of our affiliated dealers (many of whom offer a discount). What this means is that you will fill out the invoice on their site and print it out. Then you will be mailing your package to us, so they will not be involved in your submission, they only provide the form on their site. Normally the link to the submission form will be located on their homepage and indicated by the CGC logo.

• Administrator

Paid members of the Collectors' Society should log into that site at www.collectors-society.com using the e-mail and password that was given when you joined. Once you are logged in, you can access the submission form using the link under Grading & Submissions. You will only be able to track your submissions online if they are filled out using either this form or the paper forms provided in your packet. If you use any other site for submission, those invoices will not be trackable online through the Society webpage.

Hey Gemma quick question -

I sent in 60 comics to be pre-screened (moderns) and I used 4 seperate invoices as there are only 15 slots for each. When I received these back they were in 4 separate boxes and 4 separate shipping charges even though they would have probably fit in 2 boxes.

I am compiling 60 more or so and was wondering if there was a way to put more than 15 on a single invoice so they would stay together and ship together??

Thanks Gemma!!!

• Administrator

Provided you either note for two of the invoices to be shipped together or that they are page 1 & 2 of the same submission, we can ship 30 comics in one package. However, if this is not noted they will be shipped separately as we will assume that you prefer smaller shipments.