• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bruce Campbell Sig restrictions?

17 posts in this topic

Last I knew he won't sign the Dynamite Army of Darkness comics because he doesn't get paid for likeness rights. I'm not sure if that is still the case though. I was able to sneak a few past him last year, cool guy to meet though. When I met him he took a few minutes with each fan and would take cell phone pics with everyone as well (didn't charge)

Edited by TheMightyJohn

Last I knew he won't sign the Dynamite Army of Darkness comics because he doesn't get paid for likeness rights. I'm not sure if that is still the case though. I was able to sneak a few past him last year, cool guy to meet though. When I met him he took a few minutes with each fan and would take cell phone pics with everyone as well (didn't charge)

oh wow... i didnt know he got screwed by dynamite... glad i didnt pick one of those up at SDCC last year when i met him... had him sign an Army of Darkness Todd McFarlane Toy though... and yeah hes totally rad... took a few minutes with fans and took pictures with them ( and didnt charge!)

Don't have any books signed by him but I did get ASH VS. THE ARMY OF DARKNESS signed. That DVD has the original ending to the movie before they film studio had Raimi reshoot the ending with a somewhat lighter note. Would like to get a comic & poster signed by him next time.

He is definitely a cool guy. I met him several years back when he hosted an evil dead movie marathon at the alamo draft house here in Austin. He signed my army of darkness poster right on Ash's crotch ( even made it a point to mention where he is going to sign it.) Haha.

He still doesn't want to sign Dynamite comics, but some have snuck by him, some when they first started publishing, and then over the years... Sometimes, he won't sign a Dark Horse book by mistake, but he's extremely nice to meet in person. I just met him today to get a signed photo for a friend of a friend. He wasn't allowing pictures when you meet him, but at a lot of shows, he does allow it for a small fee. I will probably bring him a Dark Horse Army of Darkness comic at Wizard World Austin in a few weeks...

Joel

On September 9, 2018 at 10:04 AM, ExodusGear said:

Well poops, I'm going to have to try none the less, already spent the money and bought the autographs ahead of time cuz I was a scurd he would get booked entirely.

If you're smooth like Bruce, you can sneak it past. It's his handlers who screen the items, Bruce just signs. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

He was pretty well aware this time around. His handler wasn't saying much just handing him the stuff. Ran into a friend who was trying to get one signed as well, he had the Dyn and I brought a backup of DH from 93? His DD got turned away by Bruce himself. I quickly swapped over to my DH AoD issue and had him sign that instead. Right now it is still at CGC being graded, hopefully I will see it back soon, set it on fast track.

I didn't even know that CGC hosted autograph sessions for actors. It's too bad they didn't make Jack of All Trades into a comic book; I always thought that show was funny. (I don't think I've seen BC in too much else; I don't watch a ton of TV.)

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 9/3/2023 at 10:48 AM, dbcn said:

FYI, BC still won't sign Dynamite books - I had no idea, and submitted 2 through a facilitator for a recent con and he didn't sign either. Really nice virgin AoD covers too : / 

Yep. I had a Army of Darkness vs Re-Animator with a facilitator that he'd gotten Jeffrey Combs and Sam Raimi to sign, and when he got to Bruce, Bruce himself flat out refused to sign it. We both knew going into it that it was a possibility being a Dynamite book though. So, was worth the shot maybe he would. At least now he wrote the last Sgt Rock miniseries DC did. So, I'm sure he will sign one of those, so I will eventually try again.