• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Computer Advice?

21 posts in this topic

I'm a network and computer systems admin for a WAN that covers New Mexico from corner to corner. We use dell and I support ~86 Dell Servers, ~390 workstations and ~60 laptops. Of the big made to order companies I think Dell is the best. Their computers seem to have a fairly low failure rate and when they do fail the level of support is outstanding. We get the 3 year service and support on every Dell machine we buy with 4 hr. on-site service for our servers and 24 hour on-site for the workstations and laptops.

While the failure rate on laptops is greater then that on workstations and servers, it's not what I would consider excessive. If I were ever buying a laptop for personal use it would be a Dell.

Some one responded to your post and stated "DVD player will play DVD's however it will need a DVD/MP3 player for the MP3's." To my knowledge there isn't a DVD or CD-ROM player currently made that can't play MP3's.