• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. New member as of late August, but first time on the Boards. Been buying since I was 5 years-old, collecting since I was about 9, creating websites in my late 20s, and started writing about comics in my early 30s. Mostly Steve Ditko and Bill Everett, but much of Dave Sim et al the independents once I hit my 20s.

Have a question: what part of the forum would be best to ask some "basic" questions about selling your slabbed books on eBay? Just got in my first package and want to drill down on the expertise here re: best/worst day of the week to end your eBay, photos vs. scanning, shipping, etc.

Or if there's a big FAQ doc/page somewhere, I'd be happy to be directed to that.

Thanks!

Blake Bell 

6 hours ago, Ditko37 said:

Hi ...

Or if there's a big FAQ doc/page somewhere, I'd be happy to be directed to that.

Thanks!

Blake Bell 

Don't think you find precisely what you want in just one thread- people start many many threads about ebay ranging across every topic you mention.  Even a few with conversation about the best time of year to sell using traffic as a metric (perhaps even time of day).

here are a couple that you might find useful:

<<https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/388611-ebay-the-ebay-official-ebay-thread-ebay/?tab=comments#comment-9115376>>

<<https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/429855-how-do-you-protect-yourself-as-a-seller-on-ebay/?tab=comments#comment-10135805>>

Also you should try the SEARCH box, type "ebay" and then check a couple of boxes like "This Forum Only' (in GENERAL), and 'Content Title Only' to get a long list of threads with feebay in the thread title.

Also a good idea to spend some time researching techniques used by other sellers in this Golden/Silver/Bronze Selling forum, imitate the sellers you like, and you might have success to sell some comics here; featuring things like lower fees, well-informed buyers, snarky replies if you tweak the right nose. 

<<https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/61-goldensilverbronze-age-only/>>

The RULZ list (rules you must follow to sell here) is a thread stickied at the top of the sub-forum called Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area.

Good luck !

I'm a comic book reader and appreciator of comic art and comic history.  I've learned a lot while lurking here and thought it was time to join.  

Favorites include Wally Wood and all the other EC artists, Moebius, Robert Crumb, Jesse Jacobs, Ed Piskor.

I buy mostly TPBs, compendiums, compilations, reprints, and comic history books.  Just finished reading "The Ten Cent Plague" and now reading "Men of Tomorrow".

On a desert island with only one book to last me until starvation or rescue I'd have to choose "Safari Honeymoon" by Jesse Jacobs.

------------------------

Ture Hoefner

Good Morning Everyone! I am a long time collector and comic enthusiast. A friend steered me over to this board so here I am. Looking to advance my knowledge and collection through buying and selling with you all. There is ALOT to see here so I will lurk around for a bit and see how it all works here.  Thanks for having me.

24 minutes ago, Pokecollectoramy said:

Hey guys new to the boards but not new to collecting. Love golden age ww2 era books mostly especially ones with covers that talk about the real life war efforts

Howdy! :headbang: and Welcome to the Boards!

I was here several years ago but apparently it shows me as never posting before. Not sure if I used another email address or what (shrug). I'm mostly a lurker, but I figured I would at least re-introduce myself again!

More than 2 Decades ago I had a small collection Archie, Xmen, Hulk, all of Wolverine. This gets very sad considering I took very good care of some nice ones... Left for college and came back. There was a flood in basement and comics ALL gone. Moved to AZ after Cuse... 15 years go by marriage kids... then back to central NY a few years ago. Started going to antique shops with wife and found some old and not so old comics. Started buying a bunch... Relived the old days and found my self addicted again. Missed out on the last 18 years... so What is CGC and why is it so expensive? yes noobie all over again... no I get why... but a cgc is way more. side by side an 8 is an 8 right? example: ok not going there. look forward to being back and excited again about comics. especially when now I can afford them. :) 

Hello, this is Brian Greensnips. Some of you might know me from the other side of the pond. I have decided to sign up for the $149. Membership and plan to send some high grade late bronze age books in to CGC. I like to collect Silver and Bronze age books. I also read modern books and have a pull list at my LCS. 

19 hours ago, actnfly said:

Name is Conor! live in the socal area. Loved collecting comics about 6-7 years ago. Trying to get back into it. SO MUCH HAS CHANGED!! 

Perhaps you have some newsstand issues from Barnes and noble or the like? Glad to see you back! 

Welcome to the Boards! :headbang:

29 minutes ago, martindale said:

Hello, this is Brian Greensnips. Some of you might know me from the other side of the pond. I have decided to sign up for the $149. Membership and plan to send some high grade late bronze age books in to CGC. I like to collect Silver and Bronze age books. I also read modern books and have a pull list at my LCS. 

Sounds like a plan! Do you plan to use, what was it, the London office? Or ship yourself?

Glad to here that your still taking the time to read the modern stuff :)

I hope that there are some winners!

welcome to the Boards!! :banana: