• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

Hello, I am mainly posting this since it's my first post so I figure get it out of the way so I can post more in the future.  I don't really collect many comics nor do I know much about them.  To be honest I had never even heard of pressing and cleaning of comics!  But I did want to post and ask questions about a comic my family has, and I was told this was the place to go.  So here I am.  I look forward to learning things.

1 hour ago, ninjajohnny said:

Hello, I am mainly posting this since it's my first post so I figure get it out of the way so I can post more in the future.  I don't really collect many comics nor do I know much about them.  To be honest I had never even heard of pressing and cleaning of comics!  But I did want to post and ask questions about a comic my family has, and I was told this was the place to go.  So here I am.  I look forward to learning things.

Welcome! Plenty of knowledge to be had :foryou:

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
18 minutes ago, Gate13 said:

Hi guys, long time collector here! I’m glad to finally join the forums to share, learn, and geek out with fellow enthusiasts! 

Welcome! :headbang:

giphy.gif

Edited by DR.X

Doing this backwards as I started posting several days ago.

Collected comics from late 70's to 80's initially with money saved from a paper route.    Despite following some comic forums over the years, the books stayed stored and left alone for the most part until I had a couple weeks off early this year. I figure I should inventory them and get new bags.   I had bought a bunch of issues which hung on the wall on the local LCS so I wanted to take stock of what may have some value as well as revisit old memories.  Lotsa good times spent  in that shop as well as the occasional trips to downtown stores.  Already found a wealth of knowledge here.

Hello , my name is Bubba. I collected comics as a kid but as I got older , married,  and had kids that just faded away. I've recently pulled them out of the closet and started to go through them. Man the memories are coming back so I've began collecting again, turning alot of my collection over into CGC graded ones. X-men,  Daredevil, and Thor are some of my favorites.

1 hour ago, csaag said:

Doing this backwards as I started posting several days ago.

Collected comics from late 70's to 80's initially with money saved from a paper route.    Despite following some comic forums over the years, the books stayed stored and left alone for the most part until I had a couple weeks off early this year. I figure I should inventory them and get new bags.   I had bought a bunch of issues which hung on the wall on the local LCS so I wanted to take stock of what may have some value as well as revisit old memories.  Lotsa good times spent  in that shop as well as the occasional trips to downtown stores.  Already found a wealth of knowledge here.

:cloud9:

Hi, 

I have been lurking on these boards for years and finally decided to join in.

Started collecting in the early 80's, living in the UK it was mainly anything 2000ad related to start with, then with the introduction of a comic store into the local area, I discovered there was so much more to collect. I tried to focus (and i use that term very loosely) on silver and bronze Marvel and DC, but enjoy reading material from all eras and publishers, so I gave up on that idea and now collect anything i find interesting. 

I am looking forward to hanging out on these forums and eventually buying some of the amazing books that always seem to be on offer here.

Dave 

19 hours ago, NeverEnoughComics said:

Hi, 

I have been lurking on these boards for years and finally decided to join in.

Started collecting in the early 80's, living in the UK it was mainly anything 2000ad related to start with, then with the introduction of a comic store into the local area, I discovered there was so much more to collect. I tried to focus (and i use that term very loosely) on silver and bronze Marvel and DC, but enjoy reading material from all eras and publishers, so I gave up on that idea and now collect anything i find interesting. 

I am looking forward to hanging out on these forums and eventually buying some of the amazing books that always seem to be on offer here.

Dave 

Welcome! :headbang:  

Hi everybody, I’m new to the CGC boards. I was a comic head as a kid and experienced a long hiatus. I recently returned to a local store to introduce my girl to comics and instead got myself hooked...again(shrug). I hope to catch up and learn what’s new in the world of superheroes!

13 hours ago, Johgae said:

Hi everybody, I’m new to the CGC boards. I was a comic head as a kid and experienced a long hiatus. I recently returned to a local store to introduce my girl to comics and instead got myself hooked...again(shrug). I hope to catch up and learn what’s new in the world of superheroes!

Welcome to the boards!

On 3/2/2019 at 12:29 PM, doublej said:

Hello all,  same story as many.  25 year break.  Oldest daughter helped rekindle interest in collecting and having fun.  Much to learn.

thanks,

doublej

Welcome! to the Boards! :)