• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2019 at 6:40 PM, Hulksmashlife said:

Alright, been looking around a bit, joined up today and figured I would just start here.  

I'm Will, I was into comics a bunch as a kid (Copper Age), took a 20+ year break and have started back up, trying to grab up some of the stuff I loved as a kid that is getting wildly popular now and soon to be out of budget (read NM98.... which I traded as a kid sigh).  I've been a competitive shooter (USPSA) for 20 years or so and started doing BJJ the last few years.  

I'm into Copper Age keys, have my New Mutants run almost complete, Love Hulk, Punisher, DD, Xmen but also the dark and horror type comics.  I'm in the process of getting higher grade silver age Neal Adams Batman Covers with each of the bad guys or most of on the cover.  Getting them/have them CGC'd and plan on putting them up on display in my comic room/study/drawing room/reading room/wife yoga area...  I currently have  Batman 294/296 + Detective Comics 407.  Also in the process of starting a Hulk 340 homage cover collection....

Been on other boards for a while, I promise to use search.  Thanks in advance for the help and knowledge.  I am going straight to the for sale section after this....

ya searches on google, subject matter followed by cgccomics.com in the search bar yield the better results :foryou: 

Anyway Welcome Will! to the boards :headbang: glad to have you!

Guess I should introduce myself.  Already made a couple posts here and there.  Anyways, been "collecting" since I was a kid, but never really serious about it.  Long story short had a really great experience with a Legendary Artist a year ago and ever since have had the itch to get into collecting books that either I missed or get books I have that mean something to me signed by those that created it (too bad I missed any changes with Stan, I will get something with his sig on it one day with a yellow label though once it levels out hopefully).  So yeah here I am, gearing up for Fan Expo Dallas next week and looking forward to meeting and getting some stuff signed then shipped off to CGC.

7 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Guess I should introduce myself.  Already made a couple posts here and there.  Anyways, been "collecting" since I was a kid, but never really serious about it.  Long story short had a really great experience with a Legendary Artist a year ago and ever since have had the itch to get into collecting books that either I missed or get books I have that mean something to me signed by those that created it (too bad I missed any changes with Stan, I will get something with his sig on it one day with a yellow label though once it levels out hopefully).  So yeah here I am, gearing up for Fan Expo Dallas next week and looking forward to meeting and getting some stuff signed then shipped off to CGC.

1 zeck is the man!

Stan is too lol

Fan EXPO Dallas will be a lot of fun! Week from day after next! There is a movie title in there somewhere lol

Welcometo the Boards :headbang:

Hi everyone, I'm Jan! Collector from So Cal. I'm in San Diego now but was in LA for the prior few years. 

Been collecting more seriously for the last five+ years and before that collected on and off as a kid and then in my early twenties. 

Trying to collect ASM 1-400, X-Men 1-300 minus the reprints, Batman 155-500 and Captain America 100-200.

I go to a handful of shows/conventions a year including Cal Comic Con, WonderCon and San Diego Comic Con. Looking to find an East Coast show good for buying that I can also make a mini vacation.

1 hour ago, Asianassassincomics said:

Hi everyone, I'm Jan! Collector from So Cal. I'm in San Diego now but was in LA for the prior few years. 

Been collecting more seriously for the last five+ years and before that collected on and off as a kid and then in my early twenties. 

Trying to collect ASM 1-400, X-Men 1-300 minus the reprints, Batman 155-500 and Captain America 100-200.

I go to a handful of shows/conventions a year including Cal Comic Con, WonderCon and San Diego Comic Con. Looking to find an East Coast show good for buying that I can also make a mini vacation.

Hey Jan! Welcome to the Boards! :headbang:

Noble Goals!

On 4/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, Asianassassincomics said:

Yay I am not the newest newb!  Welcome for sure.

East coast cons, hmmm, NYCC maybe?  Unless you are looking for a con really soon then you could try East Coast Comic Con, May 17-19 (one of the last 6 schedule George Perez appearances before he retires)?

That is not only noble but hefty, good luck with it!

Hey folks, long time lurker, new member! My name is Alex and I collect comics with my wife. I'm big into Marvel and she's a big DC fan. Mostly modern, but slowly grabbing older and older issues.

Coolest comic I own is a Hulk 181 9.0. Excited to become more active here and get to know some of you!

8 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Yay I am not the newest newb!  Welcome for sure.

East coast cons, hmmm, NYCC maybe?  Unless you are looking for a con really soon then you could try East Coast Comic Con, May 17-19 (one of the last 6 schedule George Perez appearances before he retires)?

That is not only noble but hefty, good luck with it!

Haha. I aspire to be you and not be the newest newb!

Thanks for the suggestion on East Coast Comic Con. Not necessarily in a hurry to get out to the next East Coast con but rather a better buying show. 

Especially since it seems there are plenty of reputable dealers that I never see due to being isolated on the West Coast for my show attendance as of now. 

Hi everyone! I'm David, I grew up collecting Marvel and in particular ASM. As a kid I didn't care about the condition of comics, just to be in possession of every possible Amazing Spider-man comic. I never spent a lot of money on individual comics, though I was lucky enough to pick up AF 15 for $500 back in 1993.  Before that I'd never spent more that $5 on a comic. I loved reading the storylines, though I do regret not focusing on higher quality copies.

I'm returning to comics after being away for more than 20 years, and I can't believe how much satisfaction I still get from the covers of these comics.  I can't get past how fantastic the Ditko and Romita covers are, two completely different styles, each amazing it its own way.

I'm looking to move into high grade versions of all the specific issues I loved as a child (some are worth more than others), and to gather as many of the first 40 ASM comics as I can.  I was starting to lose hope, as I found ebay to be particularly depressing.  Once I found this community, I knew that this was the place for me.

10 hours ago, freefall2all said:

Hi everyone! I'm David, I grew up collecting Marvel and in particular ASM. As a kid I didn't care about the condition of comics, just to be in possession of every possible Amazing Spider-man comic. I never spent a lot of money on individual comics, though I was lucky enough to pick up AF 15 for $500 back in 1993.  Before that I'd never spent more that $5 on a comic. I loved reading the storylines, though I do regret not focusing on higher quality copies.

I'm returning to comics after being away for more than 20 years, and I can't believe how much satisfaction I still get from the covers of these comics.  I can't get past how fantastic the Ditko and Romita covers are, two completely different styles, each amazing it its own way.

I'm looking to move into high grade versions of all the specific issues I loved as a child (some are worth more than others), and to gather as many of the first 40 ASM comics as I can.  I was starting to lose hope, as I found ebay to be particularly depressing.  Once I found this community, I knew that this was the place for me.

Welcome David! Business smart on the AF 15 :) :headbang: 

2 hours ago, Taneleer Tivan said:

You can call me The Collector.

Unless you already have one of those guys around here...

The Collector! :banana: 

Hi all, thought it time to get noticed. My name is Nick, I’m in the UK. Been a fan for as long as I can remember and have been trying to redeem myself for not knowing what happened to the earliest comic I remember having, IH 180. Mainly a DC guy, I have a respectable collection of Silver Age and later comics including a few complete runs and a small number of key issues and #1s. 

As the collection has got bigger and a little out of hand, I’ve started cataloguing them all with a view to thinning it out, but grading is my weakness, hence my arrival here.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to exploring the site and hopefully finding answers to my questions.

On 4/30/2019 at 3:33 PM, Midway City Vintage said:

Hi all, thought it time to get noticed. My name is Nick, I’m in the UK. Been a fan for as long as I can remember and have been trying to redeem myself for not knowing what happened to the earliest comic I remember having, IH 180. Mainly a DC guy, I have a respectable collection of Silver Age and later comics including a few complete runs and a small number of key issues and #1s. 

As the collection has got bigger and a little out of hand, I’ve started cataloguing them all with a view to thinning it out, but grading is my weakness, hence my arrival here.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to exploring the site and hopefully finding answers to my questions.

Welcome Nick! :headbang: plenty of UK fanatics I mean fan's here ^^ 

Hey everyone, 

My name is Robert, I use to be on here all the time but I kind of stepped away from collecting. I mainly focus on Signature Series books and original art. 

Just now, yellow9541 said:

Hey everyone, 

My name is Robert, I use to be on here all the time but I kind of stepped away from collecting. I mainly focus on Signature Series books and original art. 

if this is your 1st post since 2017 welcome back, otherwise @dena can help you get your old post count back... :foryou:

either way lol welcome back!! ^^ 

Hi Comic friends!

Found my old box of comics from Jr high and decided to check out my LCS. Been HOOKED ever since. Been looking into having some comics graded and neat stuff. Seems this is the place to be. 

Spent the afternoon in the sun with a beer in my hand reading my most recent acquisition (Venom #3). Think i could get quite use to this! Thanks for having me