• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Mirkinator said:

Hi Comic friends!

Found my old box of comics from Jr high and decided to check out my LCS. Been HOOKED ever since. Been looking into having some comics graded and neat stuff. Seems this is the place to be. 

Spent the afternoon in the sun with a beer in my hand reading my most recent acquisition (Venom #3). Think i could get quite use to this! Thanks for having me

Welcome to the boards. Jump in. The water's hot, though.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

if this is your 1st post since 2017 welcome back, otherwise @dena can help you get your old post count back... :foryou:

either way lol welcome back!! ^^ 

Got it. Working on the account merge now (thumbsu

59 minutes ago, dena said:
17 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

if this is your 1st post since 2017 welcome back, otherwise @dena can help you get your old post count back... :foryou:

either way lol welcome back!! ^^

Every time I've asked Dena for help, I get bounced to some call center in the Philippines.  :sorry:

11 minutes ago, Crops068 said:
1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

some people claim that there's a woman to blame, now i think, hell, it could be my fault (:

You heard it here 1st folks any issue is now @ADAMANTIUM's fault.  He has admitted it! :devil:

At least in this thread :roflmao:

haha ive finally updated my profile pic and my about me page.. Anyways My name is james and I am a vlogger/blogger at Next Level Collectors (hopefully links are allowed)

I am totally new to the world of grading comics and im super excited to start, hopefully buying my membership next week

huge fan of pretty much everything marvel, Batman and flash. Dont get me wrong i have love for alot of dc characters too but those two top the charts for me. I own several marvel encyclopedia's for marvel =) 

haha any ways i have this crazy idea to start doing Waffles (glorified raffles but with some spin on them ) and i want to know who would be interested in buying / selling comics in a raffle style this way the community helps support the community with collecting the major titles. while maybe making a bit of profit 

You can head over to my profile and my fb group is listed on the about me section if your interested in joining, im thinking about adding the waffles to my site as well. if you guys think its an interesting idea let me know. or if you have any feedback im welcome to that too !

2 hours ago, Next level collector said:

haha ive finally updated my profile pic and my about me page.. Anyways My name is james and I am a vlogger/blogger at Next Level Collectors (hopefully links are allowed)

I am totally new to the world of grading comics and im super excited to start, hopefully buying my membership next week

huge fan of pretty much everything marvel, Batman and flash. Dont get me wrong i have love for alot of dc characters too but those two top the charts for me. I own several marvel encyclopedia's for marvel =) 

haha any ways i have this crazy idea to start doing Waffles (glorified raffles but with some spin on them ) and i want to know who would be interested in buying / selling comics in a raffle style this way the community helps support the community with collecting the major titles. while maybe making a bit of profit 

You can head over to my profile and my fb group is listed on the about me section if your interested in joining, im thinking about adding the waffles to my site as well. if you guys think its an interesting idea let me know. or if you have any feedback im welcome to that too !

Welcome to the CGC boards, James.

Batman's at the top of my list, too (with Superman). I've just started collecting the Flash: The Silver Age TPBs for some reading material. I read Flashpoint earlier this year, and it's really great.

Hi, my name is Ron. I live in Westchester, NY.

I'm new here, but I'm a collector from quite a while ago who has recently been giving thought to grading some of my key issues.

I started collecting in the late 70s/early 80s with the Micronauts (Michael Golden artwork was amazing!), buying at Mike's Comic Hut in Queens under the UA Quartet. I bought my copy of ASM #3 from Mike, paying the $125 in installments. In high school, I worked at Comic Book Heaven in Queens Village, earning $40 for a Saturday then spending $50. In college I worked at Starship Excalibur in Providence (RIP Fred Ganczar) and again probably spent more than I earned. Finally as a young man in the mid 90s I helped my buddy Jimmy out at Chameleon Comics running M:tG tournaments.

All the while I fed my addiction to graphic media. I "invested" in copies of the new issues and spent when I could on some decent silver and golden age books. By the late 90s I was growing disenchanted with gimmick cover variations and diminishing value to the stories and artwork. Rob Liefeld and the popularity of his plagiarized panels finally did me in and my boxes have sat pretty much untouched since.

I'd figured my books would eventually get passed down to my kids, but neither of them have really taken to comic books, even with their love of the MCU movies.

So now I start looking at them and wondering if maybe some of these might not be worth grading... but the process has always scared me (moreso with baseball cards, but that's for a different forum...). It's going to happen though - I owe it to my family to get a sense of what these might be worth.

I used to pore over each edition of Overstreet, looking for what moved up or down in value. I kept a ledger (long gone) of all my books and where there were gaps in my collections.

Now, I'm still a fan of some of the artists from back then - Neal Adams, Bernie Wrightson, Frank Miller, Bill Sienckewicz come to mind, but I haven't bought a comic in decades. They just don't live up to my childhood memories.

On 5/10/2019 at 10:16 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

some people claim that there's a woman to blame, now i think, hell, it could be my fault (:

Seen Buffet a few times, once was in a tropical depression leftover from a hurricane which seemed appropriate 

51 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Hi all! Fairly new collector from the UK, have been collecting on and off for three years now. Mainly collecting Black Cat covers and appearance but also a big fan of Hobgoblin, Taskmaster, and Carnage. 

Welcome! Amazing Spider-Man #194 has been on my list to get for quite some time...

4 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Hi all! Fairly new collector from the UK, have been collecting on and off for three years now. Mainly collecting Black Cat covers and appearance but also a big fan of Hobgoblin, Taskmaster, and Carnage. 

Welcome aboard.  New or old Black Cat covers?  All 4 are excellent evils to be a fan of.  The dark side has cookies. :)