• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Welcome aboard.  New or old Black Cat covers?  All 4 are excellent evils to be a fan of.  The dark side has cookies. :)

Both! The new releases have brought me back into the realm in all honesty. 

11 hours ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Both! The new releases have brought me back into the realm in all honesty. 

Glad they pulled you back in.  I am more a fan of the older covers, but the new ones are definitely beautiful, albeit plentiful.

15 hours ago, HiddenCharacter said:

New guy here, hello everyone, hopefully I can become a good member of the cgc board community.

Not doing a very good job of hiding.

Welcome!

On 5/28/2019 at 1:35 AM, HiddenCharacter said:

New guy here, hello everyone, hopefully I can become a good member of the cgc board community.

Welcome to the boards!

If you observe for a little bit, you can quickly see what kind of posts to avoid submitting, and remember to have fun. Check in on Fridays to see all of the stupidity unleashed in Comics General...

Spoiler

:jokealert:

If you're new to collecting, ask n00b questions in the Newbie area.

If you wanna learn how to grade, observe the "can you spare a grade area" for awhile (look at CGC books in each grade to see what their standards are, they also have their Grading Scale on their home page, and Overstreet is also a primary reference). It took me about a year to feel somewhat confident in grading to share my opinions, so have patience (it's a virtue).

Hi all, returning to the fold after a long hiatus. I used to be Rook on the boards, collected mainly X-Men and Punisher comics. Been just reading for a while before this post, but looking to get more active on the forums again.

19 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Welcome to the boards!

If you observe for a little bit, you can quickly see what kind of posts to avoid submitting, and remember to have fun. Check in on Fridays to see all of the stupidity unleashed in Comics General...

Reveal hidden contents

:jokealert:

If you're new to collecting, ask n00b questions in the Newbie area.

If you wanna learn how to grade, observe the "can you spare a grade area" for awhile (look at CGC books in each grade to see what their standards are, they also have their Grading Scale on their home page, and Overstreet is also a primary reference). It took me about a year to feel somewhat confident in grading to share my opinions, so have patience (it's a virtue).

I really appreciate the heads up, thank you for making me feel welcome. 

11 hours ago, noelbeast said:

Hi all,

Newish...I guess a lurker?  I've been collecting signatures, artwork, and collected editions of Marvel comics for about 5 years now.  Mostly an X-Men fan, but I'm game to read any critically acclaimed story/series.  Happy to be here!

Welcome! :headbang:    Here are some Limited Series that are acclaimed to some :) that also might have collected editions!

11 hours ago, noelbeast said:

Hi all,

Newish...I guess a lurker?  I've been collecting signatures, artwork, and collected editions of Marvel comics for about 5 years now.  Mostly an X-Men fan, but I'm game to read any critically acclaimed story/series.  Happy to be here!

Welcome!  What are your thoughts on the X-Men shakeup with Power of X and House of X?

Hello everyone! I recently got back into comic book reading/collecting about 2 months ago when my son was old enough to start appreciating it more (he's always loved the cartoons and movies). My favorites carried over well from my childhood and I'm a big fan of Venom, Wolverine, X-Men, Spider-Man and Black Cat. As I've been getting caught up on all that I've missed (thank goodness for Marvel Unlimited), we've started collecting cover art that we both love for display in my man cave (Tyler Kirkham's Venom/Spider-Man/Black Cat work is my favorite). 

Looking forward to learning from you all as my son and I start this new obsession! Thanks!

22 hours ago, JUSTINVINCIBLE15 said:

Hello everyone! I recently got back into comic book reading/collecting about 2 months ago when my son was old enough to start appreciating it more (he's always loved the cartoons and movies). My favorites carried over well from my childhood and I'm a big fan of Venom, Wolverine, X-Men, Spider-Man and Black Cat. As I've been getting caught up on all that I've missed (thank goodness for Marvel Unlimited), we've started collecting cover art that we both love for display in my man cave (Tyler Kirkham's Venom/Spider-Man/Black Cat work is my favorite). 

Looking forward to learning from you all as my son and I start this new obsession! Thanks!

:headbang: cool board name! Welcome to the Boards! ^^ 

On 6/9/2019 at 11:47 AM, JUSTINVINCIBLE15 said:

Welcome, like you I got back in as my mini-me is old enough as well.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Hey guys!

Name is Daniel! I just joined CGC and am still getting my feet wet. I have collected comics since Day 1.

I am a huge Spider-Man (Marvel) and Batman (DC) Fan. I have put together a full set of Spectacular Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man, and Spider-Man. 

I grew up with Volume 1... Sorry guys that's the real stuff!

I have a few CGC Graded Comics coming into this... I have some I will probably reach out to get opinions to grade or press.

Speaking of Press... That's all new to me so yeah not gonna pretend I have a clue on that.

There are several Alyssa (My Wife/The Boss) and I are thinking of grading like Wolverine #1, Savage She-Hulk #1, Batman Adventures #12, and Harley Quinn #1 (2000 Series and Every Other).

Alyssa is a huge Harley Quinn nut! However, I taught her right! Ask her which was the best... She will tell you The Animated Series and the 2000 run.

13 minutes ago, Gabbert319 said:

Hey guys!

Name is Daniel! I just joined CGC and am still getting my feet wet. I have collected comics since Day 1.

I am a huge Spider-Man (Marvel) and Batman (DC) Fan. I have put together a full set of Spectacular Spider-Man, Web of Spider-Man, and Spider-Man. 

I grew up with Volume 1... Sorry guys that's the real stuff!

I have a few CGC Graded Comics coming into this... I have some I will probably reach out to get opinions to grade or press.

Speaking of Press... That's all new to me so yeah not gonna pretend I have a clue on that.

There are several Alyssa (My Wife/The Boss) and I are thinking of grading like Wolverine #1, Savage She-Hulk #1, Batman Adventures #12, and Harley Quinn #1 (2000 Series and Every Other).

Alyssa is a huge Harley Quinn nut! However, I taught her right! Ask her which was the best... She will tell you The Animated Series and the 2000 run.

Hello Daniel! 

Here is a good place to find estimates on grades...

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

I think the limit is 2 books per day :foryou:

Anyway congrats on the collection :whee:

And welcome to the boards! ;)