• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
1 hour ago, DR.X said:

I consider everyone a noob ( not a nub ) :tonofbricks: until they win a prize in my contest.

I completely blew it last year... :pullhair:

get hold of yourself man, you'll get your chances again. its already in the works........................................................maybe.

Just now, DR.X said:

get hold of yourself man, you'll get your chances again. its already in the works........................................................maybe.

Tough to do when you have to custom order 3-legged pants...

Spoiler

:banana:

4 hours ago, TwoPiece said:
4 hours ago, DR.X said:

Tough to do when you have to custom order 3-legged pants...

Hide contents

You must have been watching the Fantasy Island marathon.

4 hours ago, Foxtrot5402 said:

Hey everyone, my name is John and I’m mainly a Star Wars comic collector looking to get into grading pieces of my collection and finding more pieces for it.

Welcome to the boards!

*what what I beat @ADAMANTIUM to welcoming someone HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

28 minutes ago, Crops068 said:
4 hours ago, Foxtrot5402 said:

Hey everyone, my name is John and I’m mainly a Star Wars comic collector looking to get into grading pieces of my collection and finding more pieces for it.

Welcome to the boards!

Welcome John to the

barrel of monkeys, I mean the boards! (:

45 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, Crops068 said:
5 hours ago, Foxtrot5402 said:

Welcome to the boards!

Welcome John to the

barrel of monkeys, I mean the boards! (:

giphy.gif

Hi all, Yari here from Australia.

I grew up with loads of comics in my life (DC, Marvel, Phantom, Judge Dread, Barefoot Ken and more) as my step-mum would go to a comic swap meet every 2 weeks and return with arm-loads of new comics. Heaven for a young boy growing up in the Australian bush! I enjoyed comics up until my late teens and then its faded away... I learnt so much from those comics, there was a whole series on the bible, barefoot ken taught me about WW2 and the Japanese side of the Hiroshima bombing, and a obscure American Indian comic I'm dying to track down.

Now my boy is nearly 11yrs old and he doesn't love reading much, but guess what, he loves comics!
I've exhausted our local library of Phantoms and some Avengers, so looking to re-invigorate my interest for his sake as well.

Hi, everyone! I'm Darin, brand new to the Board and to CGC. I've been collecting comics since the early 80's when I started buying off the spinner rack at the local drug store. I took a break in the 90's while I was in college and law school, then got back into the hobby after reading Green Arrow : Quiver and I haven't stopped yet. I don't collect anything in particular. I did go through a SOTI phase about 10 - 15 years ago, then purchased a few foreign editions of Daredevil and Spider-Man. Now I concentrate on original published art and signed issues of modern books by writers and artists that I admire. I enjoy seeing golden age horror collections the most. I find the censorship and burning of books in the 50's to be a fascinating study in human behavior. It's great to see the books that survived, especially the high grade copies that look like they just came off of the news stand. Happy collecting, everyone, and thanks for creating and maintaining these boards!

Here's a cover to one of my favorite current horror/humor series, Hack/Slash by Tim Seeley. If you're not familiar with it and you're a fan of 70's and 80's teen slasher flicks, check it out. You won't be disappointed. 

IMG_6672.thumb.JPG.77356908dc92e753bade4c1f55ad7494.JPGIMG_6672.thumb.JPG.77356908dc92e753bade4c1f55ad7494.JPG

9 minutes ago, D R Stater said:

...I don't collect anything in particular. I did go through a SOTI phase about 10 - 15 years ago, then purchased a few foreign editions of Daredevil and Spider-Man. Now I concentrate on original published art and signed issues of modern books by writers and artists that I admire...

Welcome to CGC, Darin. :foryou:

I'm into the Modern SS game as well. I personally don't see the point in buying graded Moderns unless they're signed (and therefor unique/"rare").

@D R Stater Darin! Congrats on getting back into the hobby! Wasn't trying to chase down issues at the Newsstand fun in the 80's, good times :headbang: 

There Is an Original Art Forum here, and You'll feel right at home :cloud9: 

On 11/2/2013 at 12:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thanks Andy,  I’m looking forward to meeting folks who love the old comics as I do. 

Russ 

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:21 AM, Crops068 said:

Welcome!  What are your thoughts on the X-Men shakeup with Power of X and House of X?

Hmm.  Guess I'm not getting email notifications about new messages.  I'm excited about Power of X and House of X, love Hickman's work, but to be honest I haven't read any of the newer X-Men stuff.  When I was a kid in the 80's and 90's, I read X-Men comics periodically when I got the chance to go to the local comic shop and had money to buy an issue.  Always frustrated with missing parts of certain stories.  Flash forward a couple of decades and doing the whole adulting thing, I discovered the joys of Marvel omnibuses and collected editions since I now had money to spend on things I enjoyed.  First book was the Dark Phoenix omnibus and I never looked back...

Anyway, look forward to seeing people's reactions to the new books when they drop, and hope they give the X-Men the boost in the arm they need!

On 7/15/2019 at 9:34 PM, noelbeast said:

Anyway, look forward to seeing people's reactions to the new books when they drop, and hope they give the X-Men the boost in the arm they need!

:popcorn: