• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

Hello all, just joined the boards recently so I thought I would post here. 

I grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series and didn't start collecting until college.  I worked for a professor who collects and he taught me about a lot of the history of comic books as well.  Based on the nostalgia from my childhood, I really enjoy Batman/Detective Comics, but I am also really into 1950s/60s horror and sci-fi issues as well.  If you have any recommendations, let me know!

2 hours ago, Commissioner Gordon said:

I grew up watching Batman: The Animated Series and didn't start collecting until college.  I worked for a professor who collects and he taught me about a lot of the history of comic books as well.  Based on the nostalgia from my childhood, I really enjoy Batman/Detective Comics, but I am also really into 1950s/60s horror and sci-fi issues as well.  If you have any recommendations, let me know!

Hello Commish! :headbang: and Welcome :) 

You might enjoy some of the magazine section of the boards for Horror and Sci-Fi, plenty of in the Golden Age Forum as well!

3 hours ago, Commissioner Gordon said:

:golfclap:

3 hours ago, Commissioner Gordon said:

Welcome, just whatever you do keep your daughter away from that shady Wayne character!

Been lurking and occasionally posting for a couple of months after finally working up the courage to ship some favorites off to Joey, and then to CGC. Since, this board has re-ignited my love of comics and has given me some direction as to what to do with my collection, which, over years of many moves, dwindled from four long boxed to one. (By some miracle, I held onto a handful of keys -- Strange Adventures 205, Iron Fist 14, ASM 238 w/Tattooz) 

Been paring down the long box even further -- by selling, and donating the many low-value books to one of my comics-obsessed students -- and shifting my attention to high grade copies of favorites I long ago shed, complete runs of favorites (Daredevil 1-300, Iron Fist 1-15, Strange Adventures 205-216, G.I. Joe 1-50 and 155), BA keys and SA "grails" to pass along to my son and his future family.

42 minutes ago, alexanderjk said:

Been lurking and occasionally posting for a couple of months after finally working up the courage to ship some favorites off to Joey, and then to CGC. Since, this board has re-ignited my love of comics and has given me some direction as to what to do with my collection, which, over years of many moves, dwindled from four long boxed to one. (By some miracle, I held onto a handful of keys -- Strange Adventures 205, Iron Fist 14, ASM 238 w/Tattooz) 

Been paring down the long box even further -- by selling, and donating the many low-value books to one of my comics-obsessed students -- and shifting my attention to high grade copies of favorites I long ago shed, complete runs of favorites (Daredevil 1-300, Iron Fist 1-15, Strange Adventures 205-216, G.I. Joe 1-50 and 155), BA keys and SA "grails" to pass along to my son and his future family.

Sweet! Welcome :headbang: 

1 hour ago, alexanderjk said:

Welcome and I hope your student appreciates the donations!

On 7/26/2019 at 3:30 PM, TreeHugger74 said:

Completely new. Have always loved comic\fantasy art, but just started collecting not terribly long ago.

I mainly stick to Cavewoman, Red Sonja, Vampirella, and Conan.

Really  look forward to lurking for a bit and learning a bunch. 

Mike

Classics :) Welcome!

On 7/26/2019 at 4:30 PM, TreeHugger74 said:

Completely new. Have always loved comic\fantasy art, but just started collecting not terribly long ago.

I mainly stick to Cavewoman, Red Sonja, Vampirella, and Conan.

Really  look forward to lurking for a bit and learning a bunch

Mike

Welcome aboard Mike!

You got the right right attitude that will go far around here! There is just a ton of knowledge accumulated on these boards. As a tip, the best way to search is to use Google with a site tag like this:

site:cgccomics.com your search terms go here

That will get you more than the built-in search function.

Good luck and enjoy!

-bc

14 hours ago, bc said:

Welcome aboard Mike!

You got the right right attitude that will go far around here! There is just a ton of knowledge accumulated on these boards. As a tip, the best way to search is to use Google with a site tag like this:

site:cgccomics.com your search terms go here

That will get you more than the built-in search function.

Good luck and enjoy!

-bc

Pro-tip...thank you!

On 7/26/2019 at 4:30 PM, TreeHugger74 said:

...Really  look forward to lurking for a bit and learning a bunch...

Smart thinking.

Post count  credibility.

Any n00b questions? There's a "Newbie" sub-forum for that. If you follow @bc's advice of searching Google before asking what we might consider rhetorical questions, then you can avoid a lot of funny business responses to your questions.

I lurked the "Please Grade My" sub-forum for about a year before sharing my amateur opinions on grades. If you'd like to learn how to grade, yourself, I recommend doing the same.

Welcome to the boards!

Hey guys!

My name is Zack, based out of Florida. I have a YouTube channel (Master X) where I do a lot of haul videos and sometimes talk spec. I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt primarily.

I collect almost everything. Huge Spawn guy, but I really enjoy filling bronze/silver/copper runs in high grade and picking up keys. Definitely a Valiant fan as well. I can really appreciate a high grade book and collect almost exclusively raws. Currently have over 5K books in my PC, but plenty of overstock too.

Some runs I am working on: Spawn, ASM, UXM, Daredevil, John Carter, Howard the Duck, Captain Marvel, Conan, & 90s Valiant.

Looking forward to being active on here and hearing what you guys have to say!

On 7/29/2019 at 7:40 PM, Master X said:

Hey guys!

My name is Zack, based out of Florida. I have a YouTube channel (Master X) where I do a lot of haul videos and sometimes talk spec. I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt primarily.

I collect almost everything. Huge Spawn guy, but I really enjoy filling bronze/silver/copper runs in high grade and picking up keys. Definitely a Valiant fan as well. I can really appreciate a high grade book and collect almost exclusively raws. Currently have over 5K books in my PC, but plenty of overstock too.

Some runs I am working on: Spawn, ASM, UXM, Daredevil, John Carter, Howard the Duck, Captain Marvel, Conan, & 90s Valiant.

Looking forward to being active on here and hearing what you guys have to say!

Hello Zack! @Master X That's a lot of books to eventually send to CGC :devil: , but seriously it sounds like you've had fun! 

Welcome to the Boards :)