• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2019 at 8:40 PM, Master X said:

Hey guys!

My name is Zack, based out of Florida. I have a YouTube channel (Master X) where I do a lot of haul videos and sometimes talk spec. I really enjoy the thrill of the hunt primarily.

I collect almost everything. Huge Spawn guy, but I really enjoy filling bronze/silver/copper runs in high grade and picking up keys. Definitely a Valiant fan as well. I can really appreciate a high grade book and collect almost exclusively raws. Currently have over 5K books in my PC, but plenty of overstock too.

Some runs I am working on: Spawn, ASM, UXM, Daredevil, John Carter, Howard the Duck, Captain Marvel, Conan, & 90s Valiant.

Looking forward to being active on here and hearing what you guys have to say!

Welcome aboard Zack!

Looks like you have a pretty broad collecting focus, there's plenty of specialized threads around here to get to know some of the fans of those titles.

You get a bonus point from me for the John Carter reference (thumbsu

Hey now!

I don’t do any posting, blogging, or social media, so this is pretty new to me. I just submitted, via USPS, 4 comics to be graded for the first time. As a kid in the 80’s, my favorites were G.I. Joe, Batman, and X-men (and other mutant related titles). I was also into most major Marvel titles as well. I stopped collecting new comics when I joined the Navy in the mid 90’s. Now I dabble in some new issues, but mostly collect titles from the past. I used to live in San Diego and attended Comic Con every year from 2001-2013. It was sad watching the number of comic dealer booths dwindle each year. USPS tracking says my packaged was delivered to an agent, whatever that means. I now anxiously await to see what grades my submissions will receive. They have been bagged/boarded from 20-40 years so I remain hopeful.

Hey everyone, 

I'm Sergio, from new jersey. I've been a fan of comics all throughout my childhood (late 80s-90's). Marvel, DC, malibu, image, dark horse. It didnt matter, i was reading it if the cover looked cool, lol.

But........Been out of the loop for the last 15 years. Any recommendations on what to catch up on are welcome. After a recent visit to my parents house, my father provided me with some of my comics he surprisingly saved. So friggin awesome, dad!!! Definitely renewed my love of collecting. But now I also wanna start having my more prized books graded and boast/display them in my mancave. Im not sure how that whole process works but hopefully I can read what others have done on here and figure it out. 

I look forward to engaging with the community. Should be fun

On 8/2/2019 at 11:27 PM, Wookiemeat said:

Hey now!

I don’t do any posting, blogging, or social media, so this is pretty new to me. I just submitted, via USPS, 4 comics to be graded for the first time. As a kid in the 80’s, my favorites were G.I. Joe, Batman, and X-men (and other mutant related titles). I was also into most major Marvel titles as well. I stopped collecting new comics when I joined the Navy in the mid 90’s. Now I dabble in some new issues, but mostly collect titles from the past. I used to live in San Diego and attended Comic Con every year from 2001-2013. It was sad watching the number of comic dealer booths dwindle each year. USPS tracking says my packaged was delivered to an agent, whatever that means. I now anxiously await to see what grades my submissions will receive. They have been bagged/boarded from 20-40 years so I remain hopeful.

Hello! @Wookiemeat May your submission be returned to your satisfaction! :headbang:  Congrats of the long run at SDCC, that sounds like fun! :) 

with estimated TAT, found here https://www.cgccomics.com/submit/services-fees/cgc/    you can track your tier of books, also if you submitted them yourself, you'll be able to track as well ;) 

15 hours ago, Kelgio82 said:

Hey everyone, 

I'm Sergio, from new jersey. I've been a fan of comics all throughout my childhood (late 80s-90's). Marvel, DC, malibu, image, dark horse. It didnt matter, i was reading it if the cover looked cool, lol.

But........Been out of the loop for the last 15 years. Any recommendations on what to catch up on are welcome. After a recent visit to my parents house, my father provided me with some of my comics he surprisingly saved. So friggin awesome, dad!!! Definitely renewed my love of collecting. But now I also wanna start having my more prized books graded and boast/display them in my mancave. Im not sure how that whole process works but hopefully I can read what others have done on here and figure it out. 

Hello Sergio @Kelgio82  Batman the new 52 run has some acclaim, along with the Immortal Hulk Series :) that is the few I know of "moderns"..... 

Welcome! Here are some ideas for a mancave :) 

15 hours ago, Kelgio82 said:

Hey everyone, 

Welcome to the CGC boards, Sergio.

DC's New 52 has a lot of good titles (printed circa 2011-2015). Current (DC Rebirth) Superman and Batman are both good/great, IMO. Marvel is struggling to put talented artists and writers on the same title, also IMO (they just rebooted their entire comic universe last year).

Hey Everyone

Only say this thread now :) name is Paul and I live in South Africa. I recently got back into comic collecting but I'm really just focusing on covers that I like rather than series to collect. The wife and I kind of started collecting together so it's a hobby for us to do together. We get a couple covers we like and frame them and then just switch them in and out as new stuff arrives.

We have a decent selection here but supply is pretty slim in terms of volume sometimes only getting 1 or 2 copies of a comic in store. 

I've always wanted a CGC and recently bougbt the Edge of Venomverse #1 because I love the Matinna cover, it's awesome.

Also over the weekend I picked up a CGC signature series for Amazing Spider-Man #15 first Iron-Spider MJ, I've wanted a scott campbell signed series for ever and when this came available locally I had to get it.

Next on the purchase is an Artgerm CGC if I can get one, I would love to submit some to CGC but the cost and risk being in South Africa is unfortunately just too great for me to risk.

Looking forward to future conversations and seeing what everyone adds to their collections.

1 hour ago, IbukiLord said:

Hey Everyone

Only say this thread now :) name is Paul and I live in South Africa. I recently got back into comic collecting but I'm really just focusing on covers that I like rather than series to collect. The wife and I kind of started collecting together so it's a hobby for us to do together. We get a couple covers we like and frame them and then just switch them in and out as new stuff arrives.

We have a decent selection here but supply is pretty slim in terms of volume sometimes only getting 1 or 2 copies of a comic in store. 

I've always wanted a CGC and recently bougbt the Edge of Venomverse #1 because I love the Matinna cover, it's awesome.

Also over the weekend I picked up a CGC signature series for Amazing Spider-Man #15 first Iron-Spider MJ, I've wanted a scott campbell signed series for ever and when this came available locally I had to get it.

Next on the purchase is an Artgerm CGC if I can get one, I would love to submit some to CGC but the cost and risk being in South Africa is unfortunately just too great for me to risk.

Looking forward to future conversations and seeing what everyone adds to their collections.

Hello Paul! Fantastic Board Name and Real One Too! :foryou: glad your here! I liked the ASM #15 Campbell Iron Jane too, I have some raw signed c.o.a. copies. 

Glad that your Happy with your comics! 

Hi, TTony here, just joined the forum.  Worked in a comic store back in the 80's but only bought current titles since then.  My biggest regret is meeting Stan Lee in the 80's at a convention and not having any books signed because back then I didn't want to damage my books with the writing!  I just opened my collection up recently trying to get my daughter involved, ended up getting me back into it... including a trip to SDCC, lol.  Looking forward to learning this "new to me" CGC aspect of the hobby and the "new to me" variants.  There was none of that back in the 80's...

Hey all, My name’s David and I am from the Chicago area. Used to collect when I was smaller in the late 80s and drifted away when I was in college. Recently just got back into collecting and looking forward to getting some of my collection graded at some point.

Thanks!

On 8/10/2019 at 2:44 PM, Lady Death Footstool said:

Hello, my name is Neil and I'm a graded comic book addict.

Hi Neil,

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.

Don't ask me what the second step is because I haven't made it that far!

Welcome to the boards!

-bc

On 8/10/2019 at 3:58 PM, TTony said:

Hi, TTony here, just joined the forum.  Worked in a comic store back in the 80's but only bought current titles since then.  My biggest regret is meeting Stan Lee in the 80's at a convention and not having any books signed because back then I didn't want to damage my books with the writing!  I just opened my collection up recently trying to get my daughter involved, ended up getting me back into it... including a trip to SDCC, lol.  Looking forward to learning this "new to me" CGC aspect of the hobby and the "new to me" variants.  There was none of that back in the 80's...

Welcome aboard!

Yep, things have changed quite a bit since the '80s :) 

Hope you enjoyed SDCC and get a chance to post your purchases around here!

-bc

On 8/10/2019 at 6:25 PM, pyrexia said:

Hey all, My name’s David and I am from the Chicago area. Used to collect when I was smaller in the late 80s and drifted away when I was in college. Recently just got back into collecting and looking forward to getting some of my collection graded at some point.

Thanks!

Hello David & welcome to the boards!

Feel free to use the "Hey Buddy, Can you spare a grade" forum to get an idea of where your books may wind up if you decide to submit.

Good luck !

-bc

On 8/10/2019 at 1:44 PM, Lady Death Footstool said:

Hello, my name is Neil and I'm a graded comic book addict.

Neil! Welcome :headbang: maybe the cure is more comics!

On 8/10/2019 at 2:58 PM, TTony said:

Stan is and was the Man, Many a thing with CGC to learn, but You'll have fun :wishluck: Welcome :) 

On 8/10/2019 at 5:25 PM, pyrexia said:

Thanks!

Hello David :) My Dad is from Illinois, but more from the center, Bloomington :) Glad to see a return to funny books :whee: 

Hi everyone,

My name is Jay and I just recently got back into collecting modern comics, mainly marvel titles like uncanny x-men, venom, and Carnage. I'm looking to start building a cgc collection of my comics. Looking to find as much information as possible to find out what I should be looking for to get 9.8 and how well getting a quick press would affect the grade/. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy collecting all!!