• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, JGabe said:

Hi everyone,

My name is Jay and I just recently got back into collecting modern comics, mainly marvel titles like uncanny x-men, venom, and Carnage. I'm looking to start building a cgc collection of my comics. Looking to find as much information as possible to find out what I should be looking for to get 9.8 and how well getting a quick press would affect the grade/. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Happy collecting all!!

Hello Jay :) I here the Donny Cates books are pretty good, I believe that is Venom, and House of X and "Powers" has some buzz :) 

and there is a grading forum, though it is hard to "see" possible 9.8's in scans, you can at least familiarize yourself with grading :headbang: 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Hi, my names Marcus and I'm new to the forum. I really wanna get into collecting comics as I used to love reading them, but I was wondering if anybody can help me with some sort of guide to get started. Thanks 

5 hours ago, Grosk said:

Hi, my names Marcus and I'm new to the forum. I really wanna get into collecting comics as I used to love reading them, but I was wondering if anybody can help me with some sort of guide to get started. Thanks 

Hello Marcus! My name is Mark, but have been called Marcus from time to time lol

Try gocollect.com they may give you ideas and fmv in different grades of cgc slabs!

And welcome! Stick around :)

3 hours ago, websurfergee said:

Hi,

I’m Gavin from Tennessee.  I just started reading The Walking Dead and Blade Runner 2019.  I found this site by researching/googling comics preservation and ended up spending hours on here reading about mylar.  

Hello Gavin :)

it's a nice thread isn't it! Welcome :foryou:

Stick around, plenty more to know and find out...

On 8/28/2019 at 9:47 AM, Grosk said:

Welcome to CGC, Marcus.

That all depends on what you'd like to collect and what your budget is.

Hello! I’m Sam, and I’ve just decided to recently get into collecting comics. I don’t usually collect Superhero comics unless they’re really rare, i prefer to stick to cartoony types of comics. This might change in the future, but nonetheless, it will be fun to hang out with you guys! 

On 8/30/2019 at 8:07 PM, Beep Boop said:

Hello! I’m Sam, and I’ve just decided to recently get into collecting comics. I don’t usually collect Superhero comics unless they’re really rare, i prefer to stick to cartoony types of comics. This might change in the future, but nonetheless, it will be fun to hang out with you guys! 

Howdy Sam :) and Welcome to the boards!

Can anybody help me I am very new just signed up today at the associate level and I just submitted 5 comic books to be shipped VIA UPS 

and I also printed the packing slip , but my question is do I also have to print a shipping label and if so how do I do that thank you to anybody who could help

Hello, Everyone!

My name is theSkyVader. 

I just started collecting and selling comics. I am 39 and I've always loved the idea of comics but never really read them as a kid. I was more of a PC nerd. I just dove right it and my collection is at about 53. My girlfriend probably thinks I am going through a mid-life crisis. Maybe I am but I am having fun doing it!! 

5 minutes ago, Graveheart said:

i couldnt find the introduce yourself place before but ive posted in the Please Grade forums a couple times .

The " introduce yourself place " was taken down years ago after a violation of board ethics by Greggy.

Hi gang! Lifelong comics nut here. For the past 20 years my collecting specialty has been vintage, original comic-related photos. I have a large collection of these and sometimes license them to publishers, including Taschen Books.  I've been involved in comics sales for years, most recently with PBA Galleries Auctioneers in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I'm Director of Comics.  I'll be launching my debut comics auction for PBA in early 2020.

I'm glad to be a member of the boards here!

Cheers, Ivan

Hi, my name is Rand.  I was active collecting comics around 25-30 years ago, and kind of went dormant for some time (after my daughter was born) and now I'm starting to get back into it.  

I collect primarily Silver Age Marvels, some Bronze.  I really enjoy Steranko, Buscema, and of course Kirby.  I actually sold the bulk of my collection (which was mostly mid-grade) and am starting to rebuild a higher-grade focused collection.  But it's a slow process, and I look forward to learning a lot in these boards.

13 hours ago, Ivan Ivanstein said:

Hi gang! Lifelong comics nut here. For the past 20 years my collecting specialty has been vintage, original comic-related photos. I have a large collection of these and sometimes license them to publishers, including Taschen Books.  I've been involved in comics sales for years, most recently with PBA Galleries Auctioneers in the San Francisco Bay Area, where I'm Director of Comics.  I'll be launching my debut comics auction for PBA in early 2020.

I'm glad to be a member of the boards here!

Cheers, Ivan

Interesting! Welcome to CGC Boards, Ivan.

11 hours ago, crandmck said:

Hi, my name is Rand.  I was active collecting comics around 25-30 years ago, and kind of went dormant for some time (after my daughter was born) and now I'm starting to get back into it.  

I collect primarily Silver Age Marvels, some Bronze.  I really enjoy Steranko, Buscema, and of course Kirby.  I actually sold the bulk of my collection (which was mostly mid-grade) and am starting to rebuild a higher-grade focused collection.  But it's a slow process, and I look forward to learning a lot in these boards.

Welcome to the CGC Boards, Rand!